webfact

4 minutes ago, BigC said:

Hence zero dollar tourists

Hotels.

Food.

Batteries.

Airfares if a Thai Carrier.

Hookers, touts, tuk tuks, taxis, gem scams, 

How can you say they are zero Dollar tourists unless you meant they were zero Baht tourists?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because they could be Chinese and not foreign. Plus the crime is working while being foreign, not working while being Chinese.

True. Last month a Russian photographer and her boyfriend were sent back home. A local Thai agency reported her as soon as she went to Boat lagoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Because they could be Chinese and not foreign. Plus the crime is working while being foreign, not working while being Chinese.

They are not Thai, they are Chinese therefore Foreigners.  If they were Thai Chinese with Thai passports they would not be foreigners.

4 minutes ago, The Alien said:

"Why not call them Chinese rather than foreigners?"

I think Thai Visa wanted the readers to know "pre-wedding photographer job" is illegal for foreigners without proper work permit.

A foreigner can have a photography business in Thailand! But a Thai photographer has to be hired to take the photos, not the foreigner! It's in the list of the non allowed professions!

6 hours ago, Jimi007 said:

No one can work on a tourist visa or retirement visa. And a work permit is required for most everything, including volunteer work.

I'm frightened to wipe my arse when I go to the toilet in case I'm accused of working!

59 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

You’re wrong. In this example they are Chinese nationals therefore they are foreign. If they were Thai-Chinese then they wouldn’t be foreigners 

But this is why the article used the word foreigner and not the word Chinese, as I pointed out.

19 minutes ago, dave moir said:

I'm frightened to wipe my arse when I go to the toilet in case I'm accused of working!

thats funny...

After 15 years in Thailand I visited my home country last year and I did a bit of 'work' out of a family members garage and i remember at the time I looked down the driveway thinking I hope no one will spot me doing this...

..but then of course I thought what the f***!, Im in my home country I can do anything I like!

Im a free man again, a first class citizen!

After many years the 'system' can brainwash you. Frightening eh!

57 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

That makes no sense.  Will Immigration arrest ever Chinese with a camera?  Add the Japanese and you can now overflow all the prisons in the country.  

I think you inadvertently get to the root problem. When you (the gov) have a lot of overly-broad laws that are difficult to enforce, you can hold back and only enforce them selectively when you are pissed at someone or when it is politically expedient for one reason or another. 

While I respect the rights of Thailand to protect such jobs. If the answer is - have the wedding and shoot in China. What has been gained?

Perhaps in need of Chinese speaking photographers

Archived