Video: Huge snake on the expressway in Bangkok!

webfact

Video: Huge snake on the expressway in Bangkok!

5pm.jpg

TNA reported that a very large python had appeared at a toll booth on one of Bangkok's expressways - they were not sure where. 

Earlier on Thaivisa on Facebook it was suggested it may have been the tollway. 

The snake - said to be a python - was several meters long. It appeared seemingly out of nowhere after a car passed the booth. 

A large van following would not dare pass as staff scurried about.

Finally the snake went exploring at one of the booths. 

TNA suggested that the snake didn't have the 50 baht necessary to pass.

Others online said that the snake may have hitched a ride on the first car though TNA thought the driver saw it and drove carefully round. 

No other details were reported though footage suggested it all happened on Tuesday morning.

Source: TNA

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-10

We have had many phytons in our garden over the years,biggest one about 4 meters.They are very strong but we can handle them with two people.This big one we released at a spirit house near Pala-u.There was a busload full of soldies,guns and all.When we stopped they all came around seeing what we wanted there.When we let the snake out of the bag they ran like schoolboys.

47 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Given the fact that it was only moving the front 1/2 of it body I suspect it was injured. 

Should have taken the time to watch the entire video as there was nothing visually wrong with the snake. It moved 100% of its body just fine.

4 hours ago, Dap said:

Should have taken the time to watch the entire video as there was nothing visually wrong with the snake. It moved 100% of its body just fine.

It was certainly stunned, and I did watch the whole video but after commenting. it took a while to get moving either way. 

22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

beautiful snake. i hope no one kills it.

A nice snake! Probably sh1t scared. They don't hurt; just bite a bit.

For the snake's own good they should have taken it to the side of the road and let it go in the wood.

The way to handle pythons is to firmly grasp one (with this particular one) 25cm from the end* (tail end). And gently pull the snake. This will encourage the snake move forward and you simply follow it until it is safe. Then let go.

* Do not grab the python right at the end of the tail. This could break off and frighten the snake even more. And let it escape of course.

18 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

It was certainly stunned, and I did watch the whole video but after commenting. it took a while to get moving either way. 

True, it did take some time to get moving and my guess would be it fell from the undercarriage of a previous vehicle. Not

an uncommon occurrence by the way. I do not think it was "stunned", but only getting it's bearings before moving on. Btw,

I (as well as friends) have seen this happen in the past.

i can not immagine that the driver of the bordeaux car didn't see that "pile" of snake on the road.

But you can only see a short part of the vdo.

Could it be that that snake "left" that car when it stopped?

And if not it also surprices me that the snake already survided crossing the other lanes.

Archived