Shampoo rip off

owl sees all

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Happy Mart for the shampoo.

Sorry, I don't use soap, toothpaste or commercial mouthwash.

You really should use toothpaste and mouthwash, Owl Sees All. The diet of owls is exclusively carnivorous, so your breath would be quite fetid, not that you would notice it. Although I suppose it would become an even match if your wife is given to eating durian.

Forgive me, I forgot. My suggestion would add to your household costs, and you have enough emotional stress without getting into measuring toothpaste tubes and mouthwash bottles. I'll go and wash my mouth out with soap now.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You really should use toothpaste and mouthwash, Owl Sees All. The diet of owls is exclusively carnivorous, so your breath would be quite fetid, not that you would notice it. Although I suppose it would become an even match if your wife is given to eating durian.

Forgive me, I forgot. My suggestion would add to your household costs, and you have enough emotional stress without getting into measuring toothpaste tubes and mouthwash bottles. I'll go and wash my mouth out with soap now.

Just make sure it's carbolic soap.

Cruel person. Don't you know phenol and cresol are classed as human carcinogens nowadays?

I'm guessing that's two of the ingredients of carbolic soap? I had no idea. Does that mean it's now a banned product?

Are the recipients of carbolic mouth-washing from decades ago likely to be suffering now?

14 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I'm guessing that's two of the ingredients of carbolic soap? I had no idea. Does that mean it's now a banned product?

Are the recipients of carbolic mouth-washing from decades ago likely to be suffering now?

Yes. Liquid hand soap dispensers used to have it. Not sure if it is banned; however, most manufacturers have phased it out. Think you can still get it in solid soap form.

Carbolic acid, otherwise known as phenol, used to be freely sprayed in operating rooms for sterilisation when the medical profession cottoned onto the concept of sepsis.

Was good for the patient, not so good for the staff with repeated exposure.

Don't know about the kids from decades ago. I suppose it depends on how naughty they were.

18 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Forgive me, I forgot. My suggestion would add to your household costs, and you have enough emotional stress without getting into measuring toothpaste tubes and mouthwash bottles.

Toothpaste, soap and mouthwash are a waste of money IMO. Some members may have money to throw away but I have not (might as well just give it to a bar-girl).

My alternative is salt; yes that's it; the stuff that used to be in bags of crisps and is in abundance in the oceans. Actually Essex salt is the best in the world; so full of flavour, but that's a story for another day.

I rinse my mouth at least 5 times a day with very salty water. And give the teeth a decent brush once or twice a day.

And Vim. Yes!! brings back memories.

28 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

looking forward to the next exposé ....on hair spray.

Hair spray!!!!!!!! It's bad enough having to watch that advert on Thai TeeVee. "Nivea for men; it starts with you." The place is just crammed full of ladyboys.

Cavemen didn't use hair spray. I can't believe i'm actually typing it. Hair spray; dear me1

22 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

They didn't have beer or ice cream either.

Of course not bluesofa. Humans, have moved on in many ways, but all this stuff is simply to Nancyfy us; to remove our masculinity. "Oh!! He is so in touch with his feminine side. Sometimes he wears my panties or uses my hairspray."

We need to make a stand over this.

Get rid of hairspray, spray-on deodorants, shaving cream (or is it creme) lady-shaves, hand cream, nail files and those butt-plug things.

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Of course not bluesofa. Humans, have moved on in many ways, but all this stuff is simply to Nancyfy us; to remove our masculinity. "Oh!! He is so in touch with his feminine side. Sometimes he wears my panties or uses my hairspray."

We need to make a stand over this.

Get rid of hairspray, spray-on deodorants, lady-shaves, hand cream, nail files and those butt-plug things.

I always assumed you'd be charged extra to wear a females panties? The butt-plug things the same.

13 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Toothpaste, soap and mouthwash are a waste of money IMO. Some members may have money to throw away but I have not (might as well just give it to a bar-girl).

My alternative is salt; yes that's it; the stuff that used to be in bags of crisps and is in abundance in the oceans. Actually Essex salt is the best in the world; so full of flavour, but that's a story for another day.

I rinse my mouth at least 5 times a day with very salty water. And give the teeth a decent brush once or twice a day.

And Vim. Yes!! brings back memories.

Actually not a bad idea. Very salty water is quite efficient at killing mouth bacteria.

I'm sorry to have to prick your bubble about soap. Bar soap is actually far more effective and economical than liquid shampoo. If you are sitting comfortably, I'll begin.

Water has a surface tension of 70 dynes/cm. Soap reduces the surface tension of water to 25 dynes/cm. Nonionic shampoos only reduce the surface tension to 35 dynes/cm, so in terms of cleaning action it is less efficient. I'll make an exception for very hard water.

Bar soap is a solid. It is about 80-90% active ingredient. Shampoos can be anything from 5% to 50% active ingredient, depending on how much water the manufacturer adds. This is the very heartbeat of sales/marketing and advertising. Selling a million units of 10% shampoo for 40 baht makes much better sense than selling half as many with a 20% content for 80 baht. No-one has found a way of adding water to bar soap to increase the profit margin. If I did, I'd be a multi-millionaire by now.

You can get some idea of shampoo quality by inverting it several times. A property called viscosity comes into play. Viscosity is what puts the tomato sauce on your shirt instead of the hamburger that was the intended target. You are the victim of thixotropy. It's not a hard and fast rule, however, as some of the greedier producers add cheaper thickeners to create the illusion of viscosity. The intention is to deceive you into thinking the shampoo is better quality than it actually is.

I do apologise for contributing to your emotional distress by introducing a content variable into your struggles with volume. Sometimes the truth can set you free.

11 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I always assumed you'd be charged extra to wear a females panties? The butt-plug things the same.

Please educate me. What on earth does a butt-plug look like? No need to answer what it does, I think I've worked that out already.

I do apologise for contributing to your emotional distress by introducing a content variable into your struggles with volume. Sometimes the truth can set you free.

No need Lacessit. Carry on the good work. At least it is keeping pretty much withing topic. Very interesting it is too.

We were in danger of slipping away into new areas. You have brought us back with a bump.

Have you tried the Happy Mart shampoo yet?

8 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

No need Lacessit. Carry on the good work. At least it is keeping pretty much withing topic. Very interesting it is too.

We were in danger of slipping away into new areas. You have brought us back with a bump.

Have you tried the Happy Mart shampoo yet?

No. I filch my GF's Rejoice shampoo occasionally. Premium product for a premium girl. She buys it because it is in a green container, and green is the symbol of life for Thais.

20 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You can get some idea of shampoo quality by inverting it several times. A property called viscosity comes into play. Viscosity is what puts the tomato sauce on your shirt instead of the hamburger that was the intended target. You are the victim of thixotropy. It's not a hard and fast rule, however, as some of the greedier producers add cheaper thickeners to create the illusion of viscosity. The intention is to deceive you into thinking the shampoo is better quality than it actually is.

Fantastic! I used to lecture in thixotropic fluid properties at my Civil Engineering University. What's to stop us about getting our heads together and doing a topic on thixotropy? Or I might do one if you don't mind me stealing your limelight. Applicable here in Thailand for so many projects.

Might make a great thread.

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I've obviously led a sheltered life. People actually insert these things? What do they get out of it, apart from prolonged continence?

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Fantastic! I used to lecture in thixotropic fluid properties at my Civil Engineering University. What's to stop us about getting our heads together and doing a topic on thixotropy? Or I might do one if you don't mind me stealing your limelight. Applicable here in Thailand for so many projects.

Might make a great thread.

Be my guest. I would caution you to be careful with the viscosity attribute of dilatancy - it may result in ribald posts by those who choose to misinterpret your thrust towards education of the masses.

32 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I've obviously led a sheltered life. People actually insert these things? What do they get out of it, apart from prolonged continence?

It's obviously the sexual thrill of the insertion, although I'm aware we're going way OT here.

Just now, BobLowe said:

Shampoo itself is a rip-off. It's all the same shit shoved in a bottle, shampoo, shower gel, bath gel, call it what you will. Buy yourself a cheap bar of soap and you'll be fine!

Yes Bob, see my earlier post about Carbolic Soap.

:clap2:

18 minutes ago, BobLowe said:

Shampoo itself is a rip-off. It's all the same shit shoved in a bottle, shampoo, shower gel, bath gel, call it what you will. Buy yourself a cheap bar of soap and you'll be fine!

You could be on to something BobLowe, but where can you get cheap soap? Not interested personally, 'cause I don't like soap, but for other members.

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

You could be on to something BobLowe, but where can you get cheap soap? Not interested personally, 'cause I don't like soap, but for other members.

I bring it back from Australia. Comes in 8- packs at Aldi, about 50 baht. My GF loves it, makes a great gift as well. Everyone smells good around her house in the village.

Are you listening, OSA? 6.25 baht for a big cake of soap beats the pants off your 40/32 baht watered-down concoctions.

Archived