Shampoo rip off

owl sees all

26 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Bang on the money NL. 

The trick is to use the shampoo as a body wash and not to actually wash off the shampoo. Otherwise, what's the point of any smell. Let it dry and go out amongst the people.

I shave my entire body (except for one tuft you know where, to accentuate the positive) using Trumpers Coconut Cream (imported)

Then I never have to worry about shampoo, I can use whatever is around, bathroom cleaner, dish soap, etc. Lovely Lemon scent with the dish soap I got ripped off on.

I found a lovely manly aftershave for 122 baht in the Fresh Mart. I use it all the time. It has top notes of denatured alcohol and cheap vodka, that develops into a hazy mishmash of ersatz menthol and acetone, then mellows to a manly aroma of sweet diesel. Drive the girls nuts. Im going to measure it though.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

but when I go back to town I'll confront the shop that is complicit in all this.

please don't. Thais already have enough problems with Farangs without you causing more problems for the rest of us. 

15 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I don't think I've had two H&S bottles the same size in 14 years here (ok, slight exageration, but I get the point). Not sure why, marketing ploy, buying up stock destined for other markets, who really knows?

It's a global conspiracy:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/21/9-chocolates-have-become-smaller-expensive-due-shrinkflation/

53 minutes ago, madmen said:

I knew I shouldnt have clicked on this thread. Now I'm looking at all the contents in my pantry with deep suspicion

You keep your shampoo in the pantry? You must keep your fruit juice in the bathroom.

12 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

please don't. Thais already have enough problems with Farangs without you causing more problems for the rest of us. 

I can sense your concern, but I'll not be raising the roof (so to speak); that's not my way. I will quietly demand/insist that they speak to their supplier and ask them to use either a bigger container (1l filled up) or change the content amount (as on the label) to 795ml (and drop the price).

I'll give them an ultimation. Either sort out the problem or I'll buy something else. Perhaps from another store.

In the meantime, I will be looking for alternatives for washing my hair. Perhaps Neem, which up to now I'd been using as an ant deterrent.

50 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

No!

I've just tipped out all the contents and filled the container up with water. It only holds 795ml.

Corruption seems to be everywhere in Thailand. They don't call it LOS (Land of Shampoo-rip-off) for nowt!

I agree with you. Regardless of the price, a rip off is a rip off and it`s the principle, not just the price.

We get screwed over by these cheating companies every day and it`s good that people bring these types of cons to our and the publics attention.

29 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

In the meantime, I will be looking for alternatives for washing my hair. Perhaps Neem, which up to now I'd been using as an ant deterrent.

How about motor oil?  I hear 20W-50 works best.  And you won't need styling gel after. 

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

How about motor oil?  I hear 20W-50 works best.  And you won't need styling gel after. 

Very droll.

I take it you are not serious.

Far too expensive for me.

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

You would deport the shampoo?

Very harsh.....no 3,000 baht fine and told not to do it again-until next year?

These are normal practices used even by international corporations

in secondary markets. Thais have the right to protest against it...he should not

29 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Hey atleast ur ears didn’t fell off from that chemical liquid so consider ur self a lucky man.

The point has escaped you D,,,1990.

The shampoo is top quality; all the hairdressers use it (see the previous post by the husband of the Thai hairdresser). Can get it in different smells; pea, coconut, mixed berries and even durian. Consistency is nice. And it doesn't burn the skin.

It's the container that I'm on about. We are getting only 800ml when it says there is 1000ml inside. Either the container is too small for the shampoo (as stated on the tin) or the stick-on label is wrong.

Great value for money; but a rip-off all the same.

I don't know about the OP, but i wouldn't use a 40 baht shampoo even for my pet, if he sells it for for 40, how much does it cost him so it's either stolen or made out some cheap chemicals you don't want to put on your head...

I want to know where to go to get some. Personally sick and tired of paying 500-600 baht for shaving cream when i can pay 40 baht and combine shaving with showering.

If my skin starts to shed, will put it down so season changing ????

19 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I don't know about the OP, but i wouldn't use a 40 baht shampoo even for my pet, if he sells it for for 40, how much does it cost him so it's either stolen or made out some cheap chemicals you don't want to put on your head...

Well, the OPer (me) does use it and so do all the top hairdresser salons. I buy mine from the 'corner shop' chain. I've seen it for 80 baht; but you get 2 litres for that.

This is Isaan, not some hoity-toity province near Pattaya or Hua Hin.

pp Sorry to mislead you guys; the wife has just informed me that it's the 'Happy Shop' chain.

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

I want to know where to go to get some. Personally sick and tired of paying 500-600 baht for shaving cream when i can pay 40 baht and combine shaving with showering.

What!!!!!! 500-600 baht to shave. What areas (on the body, not where you do it)? Grow a beard.

Seriously, i'll find out where to get it and PM you.

I'm glad you agree VN.

The other day I was shopping in Tesco and noticed that their cat food had jumped up in price from 34 to 39 for 400g. I wasn't prepared to pay the asking price, so I walked up to Big C (about 1kl away) and bought three cans of their cat food for 32 baht a tin. BUT, when I got to check-out they charged me 34 baht a tin. I paid, but went straight to customer services, and after a 10 minute wait in the queue, the lady reimbursed me 6 baht, with a smile. I obviously hadn't been the first to point out the incorrect pricing. 

Then I walked back to Tesco where the wife was waiting for me.

It's worth paying attention to prices.
Bloody hell Owl, things must be tight in yur gaff if you're eating bloody cat food!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

What!!!!!! 500-600 baht to shave. What areas (on the body, not where you do it)? Grow a beard.

Seriously, i'll find out where to get it and PM you.

I know right, imagine using quality product for shaving face, insane????

3 hours ago, madmen said:

I knew I shouldnt have clicked on this thread. Now I'm looking at all the contents in my pantry with deep suspicion

I thought you were in Australia.

If your pantry holds cleaning products as well, don't ever invite me for dinner please.

I've heard of drinking cough syrup and mouthwash to hide one's alcoholism.  But this supping of shampoo in the shower before Noon, then blaming the vendor for the missing amounts, suggests the OP has hit rock bottom.   ????

1 hour ago, steve73 said:

Maybe it's concentrated, and if you read all the instructions it tells you to dilute it to give you 1000ml....? 

Selling water is a time-honoured strategy of all companies in the liquid cleaning products industry. It's the % active ingredient which tells one whether the liquid is value for money. Not that you'll see too many labels disclosing that here.

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I shave my entire body (except for one tuft you know where, to accentuate the positive) using Trumpers Coconut Cream (imported)

I shave the tuft. The stubble drives my GF wild.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Selling water is a time-honoured strategy of all companies in the liquid cleaning products industry.

Same in The US with windshield washer fluid. They could sell the additive in a small sachet but no one has to buy a whole gallon of water. Which has to be trucked all over the country.

The Japanese are more straight forward. The foamy hand cleanser refill sachets do not fill the dispenser one has to add a little water to make up the difference.

Archived