Shampoo rip off

owl sees all

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

The original post has to be a wind up.............surely no one in their right mind would take the time to post or be worried about something so trivial?

BUT, if the petrol/gas station only gave you 800ml/cc for the price of a litre would you be complaining.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, BestB said:

I want to know where to go to get some. Personally sick and tired of paying 500-600 baht for shaving cream when i can pay 40 baht and combine shaving with showering.

If my skin starts to shed, will put it down so season changing ????

image.png.5b6335ce441c4a00d85d410f0391e0b5.png

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

The original post has to be a wind up.............surely no one in their right mind would take the time to post or be worried about something so trivial?

No, he believed a friend who told him "Montclair" was a good wine.... so he drank a full bottle...then ... ????

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

My daughter is off school today and she confirms that it says 1000 milli-litres. There is a little 'u' followed by a letter, that looks like a scribbled 'n'.

shampoo-04.jpg

Picture is not good enough to read the label, but millilitre is มล and milligram is มก. Very similar.

Sounds like your description (scribbled 'n') is milligram - get out the scales and weigh one of your full bottles.

1 minute ago, Rv Hawee said:

No, he believed a friend who told him "Montclair" was a good wine.... so he drank a full bottle...then ... ????

Very funny. Ha, ha!

I make my own wine* from fruit juice and Lao khow. Wouldn't even know 'Montclair' if I had some. Don't like the shop bought stuff.

Got to keep healthy. Make your own.

* Did an in-depth post on this a couple of years ago. 

Picture is not good enough to read the label, but millilitre is มล and milligram is มก. Very similar.

Sounds like your description (scribbled 'n') is milligram - get out the scales and weigh one of your full bottles.

Oh oh , hope you’re wrong chickenlegs, this could lead to a defamation case and I’m sure Owl ain’t gonna look good with a shaved head and saffron robe for a month !! [emoji51]

6 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I haven't got a full one to weigh chickenlegs. And now, I've realised that I can do better.

Around the corner from the Happy Store' there is a shop that sells hairdresser stuff to the trade. They sell the same shampoo; 2 litres for 80 baht. 80 baht is more than I wanted to splash out, but it will last me a couple of months. I'll be checking the volume though; and reporting back to the TVForum members.

Could it be that the 'Happy Store' people are buying up the shampoo and re-containerizing it? My eye will be on them.

The wife has just informed me that it is milli-liters. To be honest I didn't know she could read things like that. You live and learn.

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

please don't. Thais already have enough problems with Farangs without you causing more problems for the rest of us. 

Thailand :  culture of non-confrontation (outside of known tourist areas).  

Farangs :  4 baht ?   " its the principle !"    

Result:  yep, even more problems for the rest of us.    

59 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Very funny. Ha, ha!

I make my own wine* from fruit juice and Lao khow. Wouldn't even know 'Montclair' if I had some. Don't like the shop bought stuff.

Got to keep healthy. Make your own.

* Did an in-depth post on this a couple of years ago. 

Same as using fruit juice and meths. You cannot call that WINE, it is merely watering down the Lao Khow to make it potable.

Now fruit juice,(Cherry Berry and Mulberry work well) sugar, lemon juice and a sachet of yeast left to ferment for 10 - 14 days, carefully racked off, left in a demi-john for a further 2 weeks and then syphoned into clean bottles, corked and left for 6 months....that is WINE.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

BUT, if the petrol/gas station only gave you 800ml/cc for the price of a litre would you be complaining.

If you think so...........you've got the wrong man.

They could well be for all I know and care, and anyway I get the m/c filled up at the little roadside stalls. Do you think I stop to measure how much is in the bottle??? 

7 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Now fruit juice,(Cherry Berry and Mulberry work well) sugar, lemon juice and a sachet of yeast left to ferment for 10 - 14 days, carefully racked off, left in a demi-john for a further 2 weeks and then syphoned into clean bottles, corked and left for 6 months....that is WINE.

No, thats a refined version of Pruno. Instead of yeast, guys like me in C Block use bread. You dont age it for 14 days either, otherwise the Bulls will take it during the weekly shakedowns.

Just now, xylophone said:

If you think so...........you've got the wrong man.

They could well be for all I know and care, and anyway I get the m/c filled up at the little roadside stalls. Do you think I stop to measure how much is in the bottle??? 

OK clever man. What if for every Bht 10000 you had, you could only buy Bht 8000 worth of goods. Or your electricity bill, internet, or phone bill was 20% more every month. Then you'd be moaning.

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

No, thats a refined version of Pruno. Instead of yeast, guys like me in C Block use bread. You dont age it for 14 days either, otherwise the Bulls will take it during the weekly shakedowns.

But bread/bakers yeast will only go up to about 6%. I'm talking big stuff here.   LOL

Strange how we get from shampoo to homebrew in a few short moves.

2 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

OK clever man. What if for every Bht 10000 you had, you could only buy Bht 8000 worth of goods. Or your electricity bill, internet, or phone bill was 20% more every month. Then you'd be moaning.

You are getting confused because in the first instance it turns out that he read the contents wrongly!!

Then you are confusing 4 baht with 2000 baht in your example above and there's a big difference!!! 

And anyway you assume that I would "be moaning" when you know nothing about me...............!

58 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I haven't got a full one to weigh chickenlegs. And now, I've realised that I can do better.

Around the corner from the Happy Store' there is a shop that sells hairdresser stuff to the trade. They sell the same shampoo; 2 litres for 80 baht. 80 baht is more than I wanted to splash out, but it will last me a couple of months. I'll be checking the volume though; and reporting back to the TVForum members.

Could it be that the 'Happy Store' people are buying up the shampoo and re-containerizing it? My eye will be on them.

The wife has just informed me that it is milli-liters. To be honest I didn't know she could read things like that. You live and learn.

Dear Owl - I just realised that grammes = กรัม

It's milligrammes that = มก, and 1000 mg wouldn't fill a thimble.

Sincere apologies to you, your wife, and daughter for doubting you.

BTW - regarding the one that smells like peas. Is that garden peas or mushy peas?

19 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

But bread/bakers yeast will only go up to about 6%. I'm talking big stuff here.   LOL

Strange how we get from shampoo to homebrew in a few short moves.

Simple. Its getting on evening here. Bathe in the morning, drink booze at night.

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

Could it be that the 'Happy Store' people are buying up the shampoo and re-containerizing it?

If the container does not have a tamper-proof cap then they could be pouring some out before sale. I've seen similar things happen here.

9 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

If the container does not have a tamper-proof cap then they could be pouring some out before sale. I've seen similar things happen here.

What have you done, owl sees all? Conspiracy theorists are coming to this thread like kangaroos to a dam.

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

What have you done, owl sees all? Conspiracy theorists are coming to this thread like kangaroos to a dam.

He does have a point. He is say 100ml short. Get 10 stupid farangs to buy the shorted bottle which you dump into an empty and you get....hold on to your seats here sky pilots.....A FREE 1000 ML BOTTLE OF 40 BAHT SHAMPOO!!!!!!!!

I love it...when you are going to steal, steal big!

Its endemic! Broken Pringles.....they put the dust off the assembly line into the can and steal the good ones which they sell under the table in big bags to those MOM and POp stores. Half the normal amount of filling in the pies, take the rest home and feed the village. Make Laab Moo with ground up pork rectums and sell the rest of Porky under the table to the Hi Sos! Put only one pickle on the Mickey Ds, take the rest home!

I dont know what to do here. I have been shaking Pringle Cans, do I now need a pocket scale? Whats the tare on a 7-11 microwave meal? Do I count the pickles right at the counter? Should I carry a 1 liter cup with me and measure at the register? Is there a DNA test for Pork rectum? Is that Fried Frog, or Fried rat? Im doomed.

Im going home.

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

They are not pouring some out KK. The container only holds 800 ml and it is full. I've just come in from tending the buffaloes, and I've used the shampoo. I've noticed that it has added vitamins.

1 hour ago, TonyClifton said:

That's not shampoo.  It's plant food.  Is your hair thicker?

No Tony. It's shampoo bro'. My hair is fine thanks. Just clean, with just a whiff of marrowfat peas.

+++

I've got to say again; the shampoo is fantastic. And, great value for money. It is the shampoo of choice in these parts. BUT I am paying 40 baht, where I should only be paying 32 baht. Someone is fishy fiddling here. It's all about trust!

50 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

He does have a point. He is say 100ml short. Get 10 stupid farangs to buy the shorted bottle which you dump into an empty and you get....hold on to your seats here sky pilots.....A FREE 1000 ML BOTTLE OF 40 BAHT SHAMPOO!!!!!!!!

I love it...when you are going to steal, steal big!

Its endemic! Broken Pringles.....they put the dust off the assembly line into the can and steal the good ones which they sell under the table in big bags to those MOM and POp stores. Half the normal amount of filling in the pies, take the rest home and feed the village. Make Laab Moo with ground up pork rectums and sell the rest of Porky under the table to the Hi Sos! Put only one pickle on the Mickey Ds, take the rest home!

I dont know what to do here. I have been shaking Pringle Cans, do I now need a pocket scale? Whats the tare on a 7-11 microwave meal? Do I count the pickles right at the counter? Should I carry a 1 liter cup with me and measure at the register? Is there a DNA test for Pork rectum? Is that Fried Frog, or Fried rat? Im doomed.

Im going home.

Oh no, not the broken Pringles again. The record is stuck in the groove.

There's Cocori balls, Hanami prawn crackers, Calbee Jaxx, Calbee potato twists. Lays potato chips. Jumbo packs for 20 baht. My personal guarantee none will be broken unless you throw a wobbly in a 7/11 and start jumping up and down on them. Pringles are how much?

Go upmarket. Buy your microwave meals at Rimping, where you can see what you are going to eat.

No need to thank me, you obviously could do with some help in widening your horizons.

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Well, the OPer (me) does use it and so do all the top hairdresser salons. I buy mine from the 'corner shop' chain. I've seen it for 80 baht; but you get 2 litres for that.

This is Isaan, not some hoity-toity province near Pattaya or Hua Hin.

pp Sorry to mislead you guys; the wife has just informed me that it's the 'Happy Shop' chain.

Have you checked that there is 2Lt in the other bottle ?

Maybe it’s only 1.6Lt ? 

????????????

Just now, HighPriority said:

Have you checked that there is 2Lt in the other bottle ?

Maybe it’s only 1.6Lt ? 

????????????

Not yet HP. I saw them in the shop when I went to buy a hair-cut-kit, some time ago (what a saving that has been).

It's only since I realised about the container that I recalled it. That was some time ago. I'm off into into town tomorrow so I'll investigate matters.

I really don't want to be ripped off any longer. The shampoo is top notch but I could do with the extra money each month.

59 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Not yet HP. I saw them in the shop when I went to buy a hair-cut-kit, some time ago (what a saving that has been).

It's only since I realised about the container that I recalled it. That was some time ago. I'm off into into town tomorrow so I'll investigate matters.

I really don't want to be ripped off any longer. The shampoo is top notch but I could do with the extra money each month.

As you have an haircutting kit why do you need shampoo?

just cut it to say about 6mm you can then just use any soap bar or shower gel.

10 minutes ago, adammike said:

As you have an haircutting kit why do you need shampoo?

just cut it to say about 6mm you can then just use any soap bar or shower gel.

My daughter has been cutting my hair since she was four (nine now). I trim my beard myself though.

I don't like soap or shower gel. Just use shampoo; splash it on all over.

Archived