At Suvarnabhumi immigration with my son

The Immigration Officer has had a total brain fart....  to be honest, its probably a fairly easy mistake to make, I guess the Immigration Officer simply assumed you were both on EU Passports. 

I wouldn't worry about it... In this case I'm sure the stamp is void as its an entry stamp in a Thai Passport..... added to which, children cannot be charged with overstay anyway. 

When you next exit Thailand the Immigration Officer may be confused by the stamp, but will quickly work out that one of their own made a mistake. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, glegolo said:

What I have heard in these matter with wrong processed stamps. It is up to you to get this fixed on way or an other and NOT just sit on your hands at home..

But I am just guessing of course... But in life it is ALWAYS better to do something then to do NOTHING, so go to a immigration office and get that stamp out of there..

glegolo

Agreed that it's always better not to leave things like this outstanding. My advice to the OP would be to go to his local immigration office to have the erroneous stamp voided. 

• Like 2

I once had something similar... I went down to Immigration and they were very nice and polite and understanding and took care of everything for me... I did have to wait patiently as it took time but the incident was my fault. 

Things happen. I am sure they will sort it out for you. 

23 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Agreed that it's always better not to leave things like this outstanding. My advice to the OP would be to go to his local immigration office to have the erroneous stamp voided. 

Agree. Don't just leave it. go to IO and have it corrected, both in the passport and in their system.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 5:27 AM, cleopatra2 said:

They would normally stamp a Thai Passport to include date admitted but leave the 'admitted until' blank 

Many years ago I took my Thai girlfriend out of Thailand on holiday (to Cambodia).

When I queried why she had been stamped-out of Thailand she said it was so that the Thai gvt could keep track of Thais working overseas.

Not sure if it's the same now? 

What if you never saw/noticed it? In a logical and sane world, a total non-issue. And have to believe that even though This Is Thailand and doesn't fall into either of those categories, one would assume they would just laugh or shrug it off and correct next time, if needed. Of course they will direct the blame and any scolding at the farang, but really nothing they can do. The boy is a Thai citizen. 

On 1/11/2019 at 10:49 AM, TonyClifton said:

First of all, stop the nonsense, all of you. The child is a Thai citizen. A Thai citizen can't be an over overstayer, and can't be thrown out of the country. So all this hand-wringing is a complete waste of time.

I wouldn't waste my time trying to fix an obvious error as if the Sword of Damocles was going to fall and cut off all our heads.. I'll say it again the child is a Thai citizen.

I don't give a damn whether somebody scowls or yells they can't do a damn thing to a Thai citizen who has every right to be in his own country.

And it's the same thing for an American citizen in America. Sometimes Customs likes to ask questions and they'll tell you that they won't admit you until you answer their questions will guess what as an American citizen I don't have to answer any questions and I can't be denied entry into my own country.

Honestly, as an American citizen, I simply don't feel comfortable blissfully agreeing with you.

My eyes were opened several years ago and greatly influenced the decision that landed me here and sent most of my money outside the American banking system. 

The multiple and various airport authorities have a long history of routinely and illegally harassing USA citizens in their own country. 

Check out the 'border checkpoints' 200 miles from a border if you want to see reality. Just Google it. I dare you. 

If you defy their authority or refuse to answer their questions you will almost certainly be detained or inconvenienced in some way as retaliation. At worst you will be arrested. Worst of all, your defiance will change the arch of this process not a whit. 

Life is simply not what it was 5 years ago in The Land of the Free. The times they are a changin', and definitely not for the better. Wake up and smell the s**t. 

My advice is to learn your rights, carry a wallet card reminding you of them, and be prepared to use it. It is only going to get worse. 

You have been warned. 

What would be the entry on the computer when you son was at the IO entry desk, if the stamp is wrong it is also probably wrong on the immigration data base. He might be listed as an EU instead of Thai. Maybe because your son did not line up in the Thai passport line that’s why the mistake. Send your wife to fix it up, second thought do it yourselh to make sure.