Same Same! After the deadly days road carnage continues as normal

webfact

2 hours ago, bluebluewater said:

And what of the vehicle that is following who does use his brakes in a gradual way but does nothing to avoid the collision?  I would describe that as equally stupid as it was very avoidable IMO.

The road is wet. His front wheels are fully locked up and sliding. No ABS obviously.

1 hour ago, Formaleins said:

The only really surprising thing about any of this death race lunatic carnage is that for some unearthly reason, people on this site and people in the media keep expecting something to change! It is somewhat similar to the old adage of stupidity, keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. There is no cure for stupidity, nature will eventually weed them out over time, it could take millenia, but imagine that then, the Thais may become the smartest people on earth if enough of their sub normal retarded drivers are culled along the way as per Mr. Darwin.

And that is exactly why I call them stupid.

The video reminds me of the fairground attraction - dodgems/bumper cars. Only this is the grown-ups version.

If you were playing this as a video game, after a crash you would no doubt see the message "You lose one life. Penalty: wait thirty seconds".

Oh, come to think of it, that's exactly how buddhists play 

I don't see what spirituality {believes} has some to do in it, please don't mix spirituality with road accidents,,, The Thais learn to drive in a school yard ,and police don't want the carnage to stop.. Many accidents cases don't go to court, it's settle in police station,,,They make s,,,,gs with it...

Thai's seem to be able to fall asleep anywhere,noise,

not comfortable, it makes no difference,my favourite

is HGV truck drivers fast asleep in a hammock slung

under the trailer.but falling asleep at the wheel,seems

to becoming more popular than brake failure lately .

regards worgeordie

7 minutes ago, high plane drifter said:

The video reminds me of the fairground attraction - dodgems/bumper cars. Only this is the grown-ups version.

If you were playing this as a video game, after a crash you would no doubt see the message "You lose one life. Penalty: wait thirty seconds".

Oh, come to think of it, that's exactly how buddhists play 

I don't see what spirituality {believes} has some to do in it, please don't mix spirituality with road accidents,,, The Thais learn to drive in a school yard ,and police don't want the carnage to stop.. Many accidents cases don't go to court, it's settle in police station,,,They make s,,,,gs with it...

I don't see why I shouldn't mix spirituality with road accidents (or rather ridicule it), especially when the bigger, more expensive amulet they have, will allegedly render them impervious to accidents or injuries.

I wrote "You lose one life. Penalty: wait thirty seconds".

That was referring to the buddhist belief in reincarnation, hence (the way I see it) their lackadaisical attitude to taking care of their life, constantly claiming it's "karma" - thus avoiding responsibility.

To be fair, I don't know if 'thirty seconds' is a reasonable amount of time they'd expect to wait for the 'next life', but I'm sure they'd expect 'another one to be along in a minute' - as if waiting for a bus.

Maybe because it seems they all drive motorcy's from childhood to school the local shops etc., the habits of weaving , changing lanes, pushing in ,going down the street on the wrong side, Me first,etc. etc. etc. etc. come from the only driver "training" they got on Honda Waves and such ,and they think driving a half ton pickup is the same?I'm perhaps stretching a long bow  by saying " maybethey think."

6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Spare me! How difficult is it to negotiate a straight road???

Very, if you are Thai. I live on a long straight road, and in the past three years there have been nearly 20 accidents within 500 metres of my house. These have included deaths and amputations. Four accidents have occurred right outside my house. Sometimes they defy physics - one car flew through the top of a tree across the road from me. Just incredible.

7 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Spare me! How difficult is it to negotiate a straight road???

It can be tricky when you're watching a video, lighting a fag, and your phone rings (without warning!) at the same time... and your kids are fighting at the back...

7 hours ago, bluebluewater said:

And what of the vehicle that is following who does use his brakes in a gradual way but does nothing to avoid the collision?  I would describe that as equally stupid as it was very avoidable IMO.

Looks like his front wheels locked up when he hit the brakes.

YEP! Here we go again...another mindless statistical post updating the carnage.  Next year and forever after that we will be seeing another update and more mind numbing satire with endless narrative.  Why is this news posted?  TO educate;   educate who?  The thais?  Farang?  WHO? Thais DO NOT listen or care.  If they did the problem would not be a problem.  Farang. Nope!  Don't think we are that crazy and/or stupid.  Nothing will change.  The definition of insantiy is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result....  

I took the son of my wife for a licence test. He filled in the form, I gave a small pink envelope and voila.

I was not concerned because I had taught him for 5 months. He is a safe, respectful and thoughtful driver (auto. lol) 

It is not hard to see that many people in Thailand have no perception of the world around them.

My wife cannot understand that I am not often in danger when I drive. How do you know?

How do you anticipate? Many Thai seem not to have advance perception. To anticipate.

Not a criticism of Thai people, just an observation that driver learning is very lax, and licences are more so.

15 hours ago, johng said:

3 minutes to turn the truck around

If you keep your eyes on the front wheels you'll see something that 99% of the drivers do is only start turning the steering wheel when the car has started moving so lose at least 50% of the 'turn' available in each movement.

Thai driving skills haven't changed
Thai driving tuition/training hasn't changed
Company expectation of employee driving hours hasn't changed
Driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs hasn't changed

Police tactics haven't changed
Court fines/sentencing haven't changed

Hence... Road death/injury levels haven't changed...

there is a link in all of the above which maintains the accident level...

address some of the above and the statistics might change !!!

I doubt that anything will change anytime soon.  This is Thailand's population control system and it works VERY well.  This year, between 60 and 70 thousand will die on the roads.  If Thailand really wanted to deal with this problem, they would teach Thais how to drive and require MUCH stricter enforcement of the law.

1 hour ago, travelman6 said:

I doubt that anything will change anytime soon.  This is Thailand's population control system and it works VERY well.  This year, between 60 and 70 thousand will die on the roads.  If Thailand really wanted to deal with this problem, they would teach Thais how to drive and require MUCH stricter enforcement of the law.

Not sure where you get your figures from, that would equal around 190 per day killed on the roads, I have never seen figures that high. It would mean 40-50,000 per year they are not telling us about! But I do believe it's within their capability to achieve these numbers.

On 1/10/2019 at 1:21 PM, bluebluewater said:

Play it in slow motion ... the driver of the car does NOT break immediately; the truck had already started the out of control movement when the driver of the car breaks gently ... and you are correct - never does he take evasive maneuvers to avoid the secondary hit of the truck.

7 hours ago, overherebc said:

If you keep your eyes on the front wheels you'll see something that 99% of the drivers do is only start turning the steering wheel when the car has started moving so lose at least 50% of the 'turn' available in each movement.

That was PAINFUL to watch.  3 minutes of my life I will never recover. ????

Archived