Lat krabang or Bang na to Laem chabang commute

Nee1

Hi, 

Considering daily commute as an option instead of moving to sriracha /laem chabang area. 

What is your experience with it, considering to drive /have driver and use motorway 7 or Chon Buri trat highway. Tried a couple of times & it took about 1hr 15-20 min say 1.5 hr 

Any recommendations on expat housing near the motorway /highway! No school going children - so international school is not the deciding factor here. 

I don't think there are any reliable & efficient transport means for daily commute to that Area other than self driving. 

Appreciate your feedback if this is workable solution wrt monsoons, road safety etc... Still settling in & some advice /feedback wud help. 

Cheers

Workable but a bit tiring. Major kms on your car. I used to do daily commute bangna to chonburi daily for 3 years, bangna to just before saraburi for 3 years and bangna to rayong for a while, all to save moving my kids around. Luckily i had no major road incidents during that time and became a big fan of the radio (ripped mp3s of bbc 6 music) on the long drives.

I drove back from Oakwood  sriracha (very nice not so expensive) to bangna between xmas and new year and it was an easy 100 minute drive.

Sriracha is a nice little  town, good accommodation because of all the Japanese factory workers. Had 3 short break holidays at oakwood  last year...town has a lot to offer without the crowds of tourists.

Thanks Bredbury, 

Infact we are at oakwood sriracha for few weeks now as our temporary accommodation plan. 

We are kind of liking & adapting well  to sriracha & prefer this town over pattaya for accommodation options! 

But for our own reasons related to large shipment that we got from our last home country thinking getting spacious nice houses in Thailand is not an issue is now becoming an issue to accommodate...

as most properties are fully furnished & often fitted furniture - owners unable to accommodate our request to remove their furniture etc... So we got to know about oakwood Bangna which is now garden tower.... Nice spacious apt willing to accommodate our stuff & so this dilemma begins... 

This prompted us to explore Bangna & Lat krabang areas as they were bang on highway /motorway access. 

Also, my wife has been a professional all these years - she is enjoying her time for now in sriracha but I wonder with not many English speaking people /activities if she would sustain this place too long - so BKK seemed a good option as it seemed doable 2 hr 15 min away!! 

Anyways, appreciate your feedback-thanks. guess we need to make some decisions . 

Cheers 

If I worked in Laem Chabang I would much rather live in Sri Racha than in Bang Na. All that daily driving would be terrible, even if you are in the back seat for it.

Plus, Bang Na is nothing special unless you particularly love shopping malls. You would still need to travel for the best part of an hour to get to anywhere in Bangkok worth going to.

If you live in Sri Racha then your wife could easily join the PILC ladies group in Pattaya, and of course both of you would surely enjoy the choice of restaurants and other activities in Pattaya, even if you arent into the bars and gogos. And you would both probably appreciate the supermarkets there which have pretty good selections of farang products. Also the farang import food shops. You wont find much of that in Sri Racha, unless you like Japanese products.

I'm sure that if you look hard you could easily find large houses that are flexible about furniture to rent in Sri Racha. And if you really cant then why not consider the Lake Mabprachan area of Pattaya, which offers very easy and quick access to Laem Chabang and also a big choice of houses to rent and, of course, fairly easy access to Pattaya and Bangkok should you want it.

Thanks all for a lot of insight & appreciate your feedback. 

Bangna was not a choice for shopping mall proximity but just accessible to highway being on the fringe. 

But yeah I do realise the travel is not easy - so still looking up options. 

Thanks again 

Archived