Thai and French(European)Passports

I’m trying to sort out a long duration visa for my partner (Thai) . We have have two daughters who have both Thai and French Passports, although not used yet. My partner contacted TlS contact in Bangkok and was told the girls need visas too ? I’m sure this is not right , can anyone help ?

TLS are a glorified mailbox service, their job is to receive applications and pass them onto the French Embassy for processing, nothing else.

If your daughters have French passports it means they are French citizens and as such they are entitled to enter France as a matter of right, they certainly don't need a visa, in fact the French authorities probably wouldn't issue them with a visa anyway.

They should use their French passports when checking in and boarding the aircraft, their Thai passports when passing through Thai Immigration, and of course their French paasports on arrival in France.

On their return journey, their Thai passports when checking in, boarding the aircraft and on their return to Thailand and their French passports when exiting French Border Control. 

6 hours ago, theoldgit said:

TLS are a glorified mailbox service, their job is to receive applications and pass them onto the French Embassy for processing, nothing else.

Indeed they are and their 'service' is optional. You could deal directly with the French embassy and hand the documents in there (with an appointment). To the French aren't too keen on direct access,  but the embassy website should have instructions (they are obligated to do so under the EU visa code).

8 hours ago, Donutz said:

Indeed they are and their 'service' is optional. You could deal directly with the French embassy and hand the documents in there (with an appointment). To the French aren't too keen on direct access,  but the embassy website should have instructions (they are obligated to do so under the EU visa code).

This outsourcing ensures a better reception to the public, in a dedicated center and in a timely manner. It also results in a faster processing of the applications by the Visa Section. The applicants who do not wish to use the services of TLScontact have the opportunity to submit their application in person at the Embassy of France in Bangkok, only by appointment, made by calling 02 838 6688 Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and after recording on the TLScontact

https://fr.tlscontact.com/th/bkk/index.php

Archived