Residency Certificate & Visa Agency close by Immigration?

Jenson75

I need a residency certificate and I don't want to wait 2 weeks for it. Is there a Visa Agency/agent close by the offices of Chiang Mai Immigration? I have heard that the fee is 1,000 baht - and then I can get the res-cert the next day. Is there an agency across the road from Immigration, or is that just a photocopy-shop?

1 hour ago, stament said:

Don't need an agent very easy. 2nd floor of Immigration building. Heard 1000baht is the cost to get it quickly though not sure who you lay this to, I assumed the govt not an agent?

No. Government don't have this 1000 baht 'rush service' or else it would have been spelled out somewhere on the application form or a signboard there.

I was never offered this 'extra service' by the officers there when I mentioned one month is too long.

All these are paid through an agent going through the back door and is a form of corruption.

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

No. Government don't have this 1000 baht 'rush service' or else it would have been spelled out somewhere on the application form or a signboard there.

I was never offered this 'extra service' by the officers there when I mentioned one month is too long.

All these are paid through an agent going through the back door and is a form of corruption.

Ok is this the agent opposite in the massage spa?

1 hour ago, stament said:

Ok is this the agent opposite in the massage spa?

Yes, it is the agent shop opposite immigration office. I saw the list of services a few days ago stating 'residence cert'.

They were last seen at Promenada too. It seems that they are related to some immigration officers.

22 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I thought BJ had visited and sorted the CM immigration office out ?

No fee and done in 5 minutes for residence certificate in my IO !!

( not that I’m gloating ! )

Gloat gloat emoji51.png

But still plenty of agents for those who can't be bothered to do it themselves despite how much easier it is now. For those interested I believe the one across the road is the most expensive-location,contacts etc. ????

But keeps the wheels greased! ????

25 minutes ago, Thailand said:

But still plenty of agents for those who can't be bothered to do it themselves despite how much easier it is now. For those interested I believe the one across the road is the most expensive-location,contacts etc. ????

What's the normal waiting time for those who go in person?

52 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I thought BJ had visited and sorted the CM immigration office out ?

No fee and done in 5 minutes for residence certificate in my IO !!

( not that I’m gloating ! )

Gloat gloat emoji51.png

Interesting acronym and time in 

the same sentence could easily be misconstrued????

On 1/12/2019 at 4:13 PM, Thailand said:

But still plenty of agents for those who can't be bothered to do it themselves despite how much easier it is now.

Have you applied for the residence cert at the new office?

All other visa services seem to have improved except for residence cert application. Most people have to make 3 trips.

1. Get a queue number which is most probably finished by the time you reach there. 8 am to 10 am.

2. Submit application form next day if you wake up early enough

3. Wait one month to collect residence cert.

Of course if you pay Tian agency, you only need to make two trips and can collect the next day.

Who are the other less expensive agents that deliver the same service please?

Just the one agency then.????

Archived