Election no later than March, Wissanu assures

webfact

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

To be fair both sides including you commented albeit opposite views. But I think the Thai social media is a relatively good indicator of the disdain for the junta and frustrated outpouring of anger for the poll delay. You should perhaps try looking into some of them.

You read Thai then?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.....and what of the official coronation ceremonies fit into this schedule - in accordance to Thai tradition and  law, whereas nothing can commence officially without decrees/blessings from the Royal Houses...??

Pardon my confusion.

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Yes and you can also press the translation button if you really interested to know the feeling of Thais. Try that. Might change your beliefs. 

So you read Thai fluently? And are up on all their Social Media without using google translate?

Not to concede your point mind you, I have very little faith is social media as a reflection of the populations feelings. But then again, thats my Westerner speaking out, I shouldnt judge should I?

Just now, zzaa09 said:

.....and what of the official coronation ceremonies fit into this schedule - in accordance to Thai tradition and  law, whereas nothing can commence officially without decrees/blessings from the Royal Houses...??

Pardon my confusion.

Personally I don't believe they do. If they did they would either postpone for longer than 1 month, or bring the election forward. I strongly suspect that postponing for 1 month is a flag up the pole to test public reaction. If there really is any conflict, postponing for 1 month actually makes it a bigger problem, which would (and will?) require further postponement.

11 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

That's a pretty demeaning thing to say, i sure am glad I neither said that nor think that. If anything I say is not correct, I'm sure you would say so, and the fact that you do not is revealing of the counterfeit position...

Well reread your post then. And why would I argue the technological superiority of the West in a political argument. Set up that Strawman. Head off to fallacy land....

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

There are countless things this administration could be doing to improve the lives of the average Thai. But that would require them to care. Which they do not. They are here to protect the elite, the super wealthy, those that are connected, and those in power. They are not here to address the problems of the common man and woman. And they absolutely refuse to do that, on any level. Think of public and traffic safety. What have they done in the past four year to improve that area? Think of tourism, which is something that benefits alot of average Thais. They have sabotaged tourism on so many levels, continued to appeal to the low to no baht Chinese package tour tourists, and continued to discourage Western tourists on many levels, and the result has brought devastation to the tourism industry, and hardship to millions of Thais. This has been the worst peak season in memory. Many other nations are at full occupancy. Thailand is down 20-30%. Does the government care? Does Prayuth care? Not one iota. That much is certain.

To Prayuth and the army, I say get out now. You are not needed. You are not wanted. You are despised by the masses. 

Superb post (above), Spidermike. I share your viewpoints entirely. The junta in nearly five full years have not done a single genuinely good thing for the average Thai person. Nothing whatsoever. 

What a stellar disgrace: to have TOTAL power to do good - and to do only harm and evil.

I remember the 'reborn' Pol Capt (etc, etc) Chalerm to have declared, a while before 2014, that he would take his own life when a certain something didn't happen within a certain delay. In the end, that certain something did not happen, but the drunk lunatic (run-away sentenced criminal, 'saved' by the statue of limitation) is, obviously still alive, leading 'His Master's Voice''s PTP campaign...

I would like Dep PM Wissanu to take the same oath, to commit suicide when there is no general election before March 25th, 2019(!), and show that, though being another scum, he has some sense of honour, cut of better wood than Mr Earmedicine, and honours his promise.

LOL, will never happen of course.

Who would on a public market buy ANYTHING from a guy with that, erm, 'face-value', even very cheap? What a team of cartoon characters is calling itself(!) a government! At least Chalerm doesn't look like a dangerous liar...

Oops, we cannot hold the election in March Has something to do with the constitution. At this point, we are not sure what it is but give us a little time and we will be able to report to you what it is I do know that the election will be slated for  September. I will get back to you with the details 

Isn't alai na supposed to be arai na?  Thais seem to have trouble pronouncing r`s.  So I'm wondering just what `erection` they are talking about.  It seems this government is impotent so having an `election` (their word) is a very big deal and very hard (no pun intended) to put a date to.  One problem is that the sudden rush of blood too often goes to the wrong head and results in blabbering silly promises and statements that never eventuate.

16 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Your remark about Thai IQ shows the basic prejudice of your response. You are a farang. You look at things through western eyes with an attitude that you know better.

Its a Thai gig. Their country, their rules, their society and very few of us here, if any at all, are qualified to comment. 

Quite, in any other country it would have been seen as using a bit of grey matter to try and avoid a clash between government upheaval and the coronation.

6 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Quite, in any other country it would have been seen as using a bit of grey matter to try and avoid a clash between government upheaval and the coronation.

You do know why they can't announce the election date, don't you?

4 minutes ago, bannork said:
12 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You do know why they can't announce the election date, don't you?

Not a brain between them?

On 1/11/2019 at 5:31 PM, Enki said:

Do you live in the same Thailand, I do?

Thailand is probably the only land in the world where the higher classes actually do care for the people. However people are slow to accept/react. The village I live, a huge deal of the farmers have a loan to develop their land and change it to less water consuming, more water retaining - by King Rama IX himself. In what other country of the world is the king educated enough to transform the landscape into a sustainable - clima change aware - agriculture? No idea what you are talking about regarding the tourist industry ...  

Well, when you are speaking of Bhumipol, you are talking about a man that was so exceptional and did alot for his people. He did really care. A royal like this man comes along once in a century or two, and Thailand was incredibly blessed to have him as their king. He was a great example. But, how do you equate him with the upper class? What has the upper class done for the average Thai lately? Besides Boonchai Bencharongkul, I do not know of any other super rich, hi-so, or elite who really looks after the masses. or has made much of an impact on Thai culture. At least Boonchai used his own money to buy the land for, and build MOCA, which is the most impressive fine art museum in the nation. He did it because the government would not do it, and he felt it needed to be done. That makes him a great man, in my book. If you know of any others, please enlighten us. 

As far as the tourism industry, get out more, and talk to people. It is in tatters right now. 

Boonchai's first passion was art, but he embarked on a 35-year detour in 1977 when his father called him back to Thailand to help with the family business. Meanwhile, he became rich, and that certainly came in handy in fulfilling his vision for a world-class museum. He spent $30 million on the land and construction, and tens of millions more on the art. MOCA, as it's called, opened in 2012 near the airport, inside a giant white cube. With six stories filled with 856 works, it's one of the biggest contemporary art museums in Asia. "He's been around the Thai art scene a long time, collecting, being quite involved," says Andrew J. West, a Bangkok art critic and author. "MOCA is fantastic. The great thing about a private museum like this is that he had the money and made sure the quality is there."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesasia/2015/06/24/artistic-expression/#74e0e00e1238

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, when you are speaking of Bhumipol, you are talking about a man that was so exceptional and did alot for his people. He did really care. A royal like this man comes along once in a century or two, and Thailand was incredibly blessed to have him as their king. He was a great example. But, how do you equate him with the upper class? What has the upper class done for the average Thai lately? Besides Boonchai Bencharongkul, I do not know of any other super rich, hi-so, or elite who really looks after the masses. or has made much of an impact on Thai culture. At least Boonchai used his own money to buy the land for, and build MOCA, which is the most impressive fine art museum in the nation. He did it because the government would not do it, and he felt it needed to be done. That makes him a great man, in my book. If you know of any others, please enlighten us. 

As far as the tourism industry, get out more, and talk to people. It is in tatters right now. 

Boonchai's first passion was art, but he embarked on a 35-year detour in 1977 when his father called him back to Thailand to help with the family business. Meanwhile, he became rich, and that certainly came in handy in fulfilling his vision for a world-class museum. He spent $30 million on the land and construction, and tens of millions more on the art. MOCA, as it's called, opened in 2012 near the airport, inside a giant white cube. With six stories filled with 856 works, it's one of the biggest contemporary art museums in Asia. "He's been around the Thai art scene a long time, collecting, being quite involved," says Andrew J. West, a Bangkok art critic and author. "MOCA is fantastic. The great thing about a private museum like this is that he had the money and made sure the quality is there."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesasia/2015/06/24/artistic-expression/#74e0e00e1238

Then we differ. In my view, he was a totem which allowed the landed gentry to pretend a divine oversight of this afflicted land (assisted by the well-documented activities of the CIA), and a focus of devotion which would create a huge under-class in Thailand in perpetuity.

I both respects, it was very successful but dependent on Thailand not moving on. In particular, the major requirement for success was a numerous, uneducated and unintelligent, compliant peasantry, hence the deliberate keeping of the populace undeveloped and largely un-exposed to the world outside of Thailand .A largely agrarian population to generate the wealth that the landed gentry would generate (and donate richly to the big guy for çoncessions') IMHO, Thaksin put an end to that (though he was a chancer and thoroughly dishonest, as much so as the amartya which refused to allow a nouveau-riche upstart to join their privileged ranks). The person you mentioned merely did what they told him to do. But the followers of Thaksin, I am assured, are still followers of Thaksin, and that is why Chanocha is looking to postpone the election (for rather longer than the 1 month he has run up the flagpole). Prediction is largely a fool's game, and Chanocha has already moved to create a supernatural presence with his ridiculous claim that he prevented the Pabuk storm from creating more havoc in the South of Thailand by praying to the archangel of Thailand. Notwithstanding, I strongly suspect we will see an effort to prevent any election for at least a 12-month period of celebration for the events scheduled for May while he finds other pretexts to continue building that 'supernatural' presence.

I guess we'll see.

Archived