Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 January 2019 06:45
webfact

Trump eyes emergency powers to pay for border wall, end shutdown

Go ahead Donald it will be denied in court but it’s plane to see abuse of power so just another nail in your coffin 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, howbri said:

Build the <deleted>' wall Donald. BUILD THE WALL and stop the invasions. Who cares what the marxists say!

Lol , when his fanboyz are reduced to this level of trolling , we know he is finished. He will now just concentrate on damage limitation , not to the country mind , just to his supposed reputation.

He has cemented his place as the worst POTUS in living memory , he just cant stop winning lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Regardless of the politics, we should trust the people 'on the spot', in other words the Border Patrol. They seem to believe that more wall/fencing is needed. Finding the money won't be hard, it is less than one percent of the total federal budget.  The big problem is that Democrats don't want to give Trump a "win", regardless of the facts of the situation. 

I guess you missed this one. I concur- they people on the spot KNOW the wall is stupid. The body language of Bitzy the Blonde and his look of boredom sums it up. Hang on- its CNN so it must me 'Fake Nooz'! https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/01/11/border-official-trump-tunnels-under-wall-acosta-pkg-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/intl-from-the-us/

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

Breaking news! Nancy Pelosi and Democrats gave in for Trump's demands. Building of the wall has already started.

XFYCwSw.jpg.4b6c0b7b99c478b81c0a72b24bcf7801.jpg

I do hope that's not Migrant labour!

• Like 1

After two years of a majority in bothe Senate and the House, the author of ‘Art of the Deal’, can’t build a poxy wall.

So now he flips to full on ‘Art of the Dictator’.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I also saw that video - I am sure Trump will say it's fake news. And his supporters will believe him...

He is also denying ever saying he will make Mexico pay for the wall... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am sure that if he tries to use "Emergency" powers it will get bogged down in the courts for a lot longer than he remains in office with legal challenges...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Basil B said:

I am sure that if he tries to use "Emergency" powers it will get bogged down in the courts for a lot longer than he remains in office with legal challenges...

I agree. It is foolish to abuse emergency powers for this particular issue. Getting a handle on the border is a great idea, but the precedent that would be set by this is troubling. I don't want future presidents of either party to get used to using emergency powers to solve sticky political impasses.  There are other ways.

Edited by Hanaguma
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ballpoint said:

Lest we forget:

Well seems the "Gerry Hat Trick" fool has forgotten...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

In regard to declaring a national emergency Trump appears to have shot himself in the foot. He is on record stating that he will declare an emergency if there is no compromise on the bills. That would mean the emergency is due to the lack of compromise not the border situation.

I am sure he will deny ever saying he was going to use emergency powers...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If he fell into the Nile he would deny he was in de Nile.  (Though many would argue he has already fallen into the Seine).

Edited by ballpoint
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

If he fell into the Nile he would deny he was in de Nile.

If he fell in a cesspit he would deny being in the shit...

• Haha 1