Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 January 2019 07:34
webfact

After meeting May, Japan's Abe says world does not want no-deal Brexit

8 hours ago, gamini said:

How similar  May and Trump are, both behaving like spoilt children who can't get their way. Trump threatening closures of the government if they don't build his "pet" wall. Likewise, May threatening chaos of a no deal brexit if Parliament doesn't pass her "pet" deal

agree, these 2 act like 2 spoiled rotten kids when we try to remove their toys away

16 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

agree, these 2 act like 2 spoiled rotten kids when we try to remove their toys away

No similarity whatsoever Trump is trying to get funding for a wall he promised to build during the election, he's keeping his promise to the American people. Whereas May is a disingenuously breaking multiple promises by trying to keep us shackled to the EU in all but name and in doing so going against the wishes of the majority of the British electorate. If we had a true leader like Trump rather than a remain traitor like May Brexit would be done and dusted by now.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

the people responsible for the current brexit mess are 

1. aloholic junker at the eu junta commission helm

2. lame duck merkel wth her junta minority coaltion cdu 32 %&spd 15 %

wbr

roobaa01

tosh

the culprit here is the UK parliament

1 minute ago, melvinmelvin said:

tosh

the culprit here is the UK parliament

The culprit here is the CON party's civil war. Nobody else. They own this mess.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Moo 2 said:

Right from the start, before the Referendum, if Boris the Clown and the like would have told the truth

about problems on leaving the EU, there would not be any mentions of Brexit today. Still 51 to 49 per cent

shows that it's not the end of Brexit yet. Considering an other Referendum win for staying, the EU should

accept the UK only if they switch to the Euro.  

hmm,

what a weird weird post

what does Clown Boris know about problems re leaving EU? not much more than zilch

good acting by all concerned....I wouldn't be surprised if both Juncker and May are in cahoots....keep dissing each other and not signing off...then at the last minute, May just says, oh we don't have a deal, so we're staying put. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

good acting by all concerned....I wouldn't be surprised if both Juncker and May are in cahoots....keep dissing each other and not signing off...then at the last minute, May just says, oh we don't have a deal, so we're staying put. 

That would be rather brave thing to do of May. Brave thing to sacrifice herself for her country. 

However, isn't the current legal standing of UK law that UK is going to do Brexit?

That would mean that May doesn't have the power to withdraw Article 50, even if she for some reason would want to do so. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, oilinki said:

That would be rather brave thing to do of May. Brave thing to sacrifice herself for her country. 

However, isn't the current legal standing of UK law that UK is going to do Brexit?

That would mean that May doesn't have the power to withdraw Article 50, even if she for some reason would want to do so. 

laugh laugh laugh - oilinki,

you may be right on that one, must admit I had forgotten about that

need to read the text of the bye bye EU bill

have an Iso Olut, its on me

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 10:55 AM, gamini said:

How similar  May and Trump are, both behaving like spoilt children who can't get their way. Trump threatening closures of the government if they don't build his "pet" wall. Likewise, May threatening chaos of a no deal brexit if Parliament doesn't pass her "pet" deal

Democracy is well & truly "out the window" in all governments worldwide today. Not one politician to my knowledge has ever fully delivered on their promises, especially the UK goverment. Their behaviour to the general public in the UK is appalling. They are a bunch of squabbling kids that stamp their feet when they can't have what they want! It's all hot air in government today with the promises they make. Most are in government to "feather their own nests". Whatever they think is what you get ............ a sad fact of life today.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daveyh said:

Democracy is well & truly "out the window" in all governments worldwide today. Not one politician to my knowledge has ever fully delivered on their promises, especially the UK goverment. Their behaviour to the general public in the UK is appalling. They are a bunch of squabbling kids that stamp their feet when they can't have what they want! It's all hot air in government today with the promises they make. Most are in government to "feather their own nests". Whatever they think is what you get ............ a sad fact of life today.

These turbulent times has allowed the loudest nutters to get their message through to the people. I think this will end after they have emptied their lungs. 

After that, most of the western style societies have to go through a reform. Reform to rethink what our societies are and what are the values we stand for. 

It's part of the essential renewal process, which at times, hurts ourselves. We'll find a new status quo after couple of years. 

20 hours ago, dunroaming said:

So now May has switched threats from "my deal or no-deal" to "my deal or we may get no Brexit".  Clearly since she knows as she won't be able to push through no deal then she has to change tack and threaten Brexiteers with no Brexit if they don't vote for her deal.

Just how stupid does she think we all are!

It's a mark of her lack of intelligence, arrogance, and self importance that she thinks the British electorate are too stupid to see through a vain threats. Like a parrot, "my deal or else a no deal Brexit, my deal or a no Brexit". 

She tried, very hard at great tax payer expense, to circumvent British parliamentary procedure so she could avoid all this and just implement whatever deal she fancied.

Don't under estimate the sinister nature of the beast. Hopefully her political career is finished but she'll probably be allowed to the back benches to keep milking the generous salary and benefits. 

Meantime, as the UK heads to the cliff edge, she's too vain to admit she's wrong and take real positive action.

18 hours ago, oilinki said:

No. Parliament has the right to debate and vote on withdrawing Article 50. 

But the opposition under anti EU communist Corbyn, who hates the EU and UK, won't table a motion. Nor will any Tory, remainer or brexiteer. The Liberals are a joke no one takes seriously, and the fringe parties are all looking to make something for themselves out of the mess. 

One hopes this debacle may stimulate some interest and passion in the electorate. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

One hopes this debacle may stimulate some interest and passion in the electorate. 

wow man,

great comment