Thailand leading the way in combating international crime - 28 on "Red Notice" banged up in a month

webfact

Thailand leading the way in combating international crime - 28 on "Red Notice" banged up in a month

5pm.jpg

Picture: INN

Thailand's police top brass turned out in force for the press yesterday to celebrate having made 28 arrests of international criminals since December alone.

The criminals - and there was not an African among them - were all on Interpol's Red Notice list.

In front of a huge banner featuring immigration chief Lt Gen Surachate Hakparn an adviser to immigration spoke of the police success. 

Chief of immigration Big Joke deferred to General Torsak Sa-atphak in his role as adviser to the Immigration Bureau on this occasion.

Gen Torsak praised the work of the Thais and the help from Interpol and various embassies in particular. 

He said that since just December 28 criminals from the following countries had been nabbed: China, South Korea, the UK, Italy, Germany, the Czech Republic, Turkey, New Zealand, the US and Russia. 

Crimes involved included fraud, murder, drugs related offences, customs matters, and crime involving children on the internet. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-11

I know we all love to bag the BIB on here, but good on them for picking up these red notices and sending them back to face justice from wherever they've fled from. Hard for a criminal to weasel their way out of those interpol notices once they appear on the authorities radar...

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thailand's police top brass turned out in force for the press yesterday to celebrate having made 28 arrests of international criminals since December alone.

The criminals - and there was not an African among them - were all on Interpol's Red Notice list.

In front of a huge banner featuring immigration chief Lt Gen Surachate Hakparn an adviser to immigration spoke of the police success

Hmm.

This is from a Thai news agency - having to mention "there was not an African among them".

Being cynical, I'd hazard a guess that most of them gave themselves up after realising it was too complicated to extend their visas.

The Biggest Joke just happened on at least one of the criminals - a South Korean - when he was caught owing to him failing to report his address to immigration.

4 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Shame they are not as efficient in pursuing those who have run away from Thailand through Interpol. Last I recall reading Mr. Red Bull Bosses paperwork was still incomplete.

This could be a start. At least, let's be thankful for this!

5 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Shame they are not as efficient in pursuing those who have run away from Thailand through Interpol. Last I recall reading Mr. Red Bull Bosses paperwork was still incomplete.

Come on now DSD. They know they have another 9 years to get the paperwork in order. What's the rush?

And how's that for subtlety . . . see how Big Joke Lt General (was a soldier but is now a cop) Surachate manages to maintain his 100% foto-op rercord . . . such a modest sort of guy, even though he probably does envy General (was a soldier but is now a cop, too!) Torsak and his more exciting work, chasing real criminals . . . excluding the Red Bull Kid, of course, who has 'special licence' from him upstairs.

You gotta hand it to these guys . . . their presentation skills are shit detritus-hot, if nothing else is.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Hmm.

This is from a Thai news agency - having to mention "there was not an African among them".

It's because they knew the article would be posted on this forum, and knowing the cynic reputation of it, they wanted to be one step ahead.

All this report tells me is Thailand has a high concentration of international criminals that must find the place as a easy touch to hide out and or commit more crime.where I live you could spend decades without a visa and stay off the radar if you kept your nose clean.

1 hour ago, Ossy said:

And how's that for subtlety . . . see how Big Joke Lt General (was a soldier but is now a cop) Surachate manages to maintain his 100% foto-op rercord . . . such a modest sort of guy, even though he probably does envy General (was a soldier but is now a cop, too!) Torsak and his more exciting work, chasing real criminals . . . excluding the Red Bull Kid, of course, who has 'special licence' from him upstairs.

You gotta hand it to these guys . . . their presentation skills are shit detritus-hot, if nothing else is.

Ossy, I agree with you about Mr. Supreme Narcissist, Biggest Joke.

As regards the Thai police: I don't even bother to read what the Thai police say about ANYTHING. They have no credibility whatsoever (I will never, ever, forgive them for the DISGRACE that is Koh Tao). And if I see that Thai 'authorities' are claiming something - then I know that it is very likely to be the OPPOSITE of the truth!

'Official Thailand' simply means 'LYING Thailand'!

14 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Ossy, I agree with you about Mr. Supreme Narcissist, Biggest Joke.

As regards the Thai police: I don't even bother to read what the Thai police say about ANYTHING. They have no credibility whatsoever (I will never, ever, forgive them for the DISGRACE that is Koh Tao). And if I see that Thai 'authorities' are claiming something - then I know that it is very likely to be the OPPOSITE of the truth!

'Official Thailand' simply means 'LYING Thailand'!

Yes, Eligius . . . so sad but so true. Even the mrs lies when I ask her how much I owe her ????

5 hours ago, SammyT said:

I know we all love to bag the BIB on here, but good on them for picking up these red notices and sending them back to face justice from wherever they've fled from. Hard for a criminal to weasel their way out of those interpol notices once they appear on the authorities radar...

May one wonder why those figures could stay under the radar so long?

Great job to round up the Wanted crims from the countries that want them prosecuted. Other countries should do same for Thailand .There a a Few wanted Thai crims in other countries ,but it's the Paperwork that's Not up to date,,,,, Land Off Slow Justice,,,,,

13 hours ago, SammyT said:

There was a time long long ago that I too would have believed a story like this. 

Archived