Info on leaving Thailand flying to Vancouver with dog

WilliamCave

Hi

i posted before about flying with a German shepherd 

I hope to be flying back to Vancouver in May 

i know about what is required from the customs Canada side ,

i am looking for an air line that I can get him on , the same air line that goes to there 

I read a little about Thai customs to take a pet out of Thailand 

any info would be help full 

about air lines and the Thai immigration , I will be traveled with the dog and family same time 

thx in advance 

Use EVA , i flew my dog from BKK to Newark N.J. ten years ago they were great and very caring. The cost was $250 as extra baggage. Make sure you have an airline approved crate and size matters being a German Shep. they have to be allowed to turn around in the crate, food and a drip bottle . GOOD LUCK.

38 minutes ago, woofwoof said:

Use EVA , i flew my dog from BKK to Newark N.J. ten years ago they were great and very caring. The cost was $250 as extra baggage. Make sure you have an airline approved crate and size matters being a German Shep. they have to be allowed to turn around in the crate, food and a drip bottle . GOOD LUCK.

You need to find a vet in Canada who knows all the rules, including shots, paperwork and the ones concerning the crate/kennel.

$250 cost to Newark is very low - I would imagine it is much higher now. Make sure you get the quotation in writing. I had to pay $1,700 on the spot to bring my dog from Bangkok to Uganda with Emirates after they had quoted me half that in Uganda in person. Another airline was able to bring my dogs from Uganda to Bangkok for half that price a few years later. All were as extra baggage. 

We flew from Chicago to Bangkok with our 2 dogs. We flew ANA. They were great. It was summer and many airlines would not fly peta because of the temperature.  ANA always kept our dogs in a cool place.  It was back in 2014. I think it was $500 US for each dog.

That was 10 years ago , i don't know if things have changed but 2-3 days before i left i had to take my dog to the airport and show that all her shots were up to date and she was checked by a Gov. Vet at the airport and i had to fill out a paper and payed around a 100 baht for an export lic. Maybe some of the people that posted on this subject can give an up date as to what they had to do . Arriving at the airport with my dog the day i left Eva attached all the paper work to the crate and we were good to go. The gov. vet was located where you see all the Thai Airplanes and where air freight is handled on your left before you get to the passenger part. With Eva i had to let them know 3 months in advance i was bringing a dog so no matter who you fly with make sure you let them know in advance.

Thanks for all the response 

I was looking g at EVA and ANA and China air have the best flight times and layovers , 

it is going to be a big cage for sure 

I checked the Canada web site that is needed and know the shots and paper work on that end , 

I did learn that it it easier to use the same airline for the full trip because code sharing with other airlines will usually not accept pets from one airline to the other 

Not sure cost yet for the extra baggage going to call the different air lines in Bkk Monday to got a better idea 

keep the info coming 

thanks every one for your response 

Archived