Updated Honda PCX for 2019?

phetphet

I ordered a new PCX from Honda Samui last month (December 2018). was told, "THB93,000, and four weeks delivery."

Yesterday I received a phone call that it had arrived, but due to being a new updated model, the price was now THB98,000.

I asked what the difference was, and was told, "New Pearlescent White colour, and some other detail changes." 

Went online to try to find more info., but can only find comparison between 2018 and earlier 2019 models from a US based site. I think in the US, last year's update is called the 2019 model, so this seems to be a further change.

Anyone heard anything about this latest update?

TIA

To me this sounds like they just want to charge you another 5000 THB ???? The aphonda website doesn't know a 2019 model so i'm quite sure that this doesn't exist in Thailand.

Maybe Honda does not produce enough bikes to satisfy the demand, so if you don't buy it they just sell it to somebody else who is willing to pay 5k extra

Did you make any contract with them or deposit any money?

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

To me this sounds like they just want to charge you another 5000 THB ???? The aphonda website doesn't know a 2019 model so i'm quite sure that this doesn't exist in Thailand.

Maybe Honda does not produce enough bikes to satisfy the demand, so if you don't buy it they just sell it to somebody else who is willing to pay 5k extra

Did you make any contract with them or deposit any money?

It turns out that it is just a new colour scheme for 2019, and it is horrid. The white model, formerly white/black, is now (white/red), now has the plastic centre console in red, with the bottom panels of the bike below the footrest in red also. It looks like someone couldn't get the right colour parts and cobbled together some red and white bits.  There is also a red / black one. a black/black, and a blue/black. 

told them I didn't like the colour. I wanted a white/black, but they said "No longer available". Also I would have lost my 5000 deposit.

I ended up paying extra for them to order and replace the red parts with black parts. I will post a picture of white/red tomorrow after picking it up.

When you order a bike, you enter a contract which has the purchase price fixed at that time. You have a receipt with details right? They basically messed up and shifted the problem onto you. They can't keep the 5k if you don't agree the taking a bike that you didn't order. I wouldn't have accepted such behavior.

It seems Honda follows a certain cycle with the PCX.

They made a bigger update in 2015, in 2016 they introduced some strange new colors, in 2017 they kept selling it

In 2018 another bigger update, now in 2019 they introduce some strange new colors, probably they keep selling it in 2020 and then in 2021 there will be another bigger update.

49654049_1999451993463733_8172612647280181248_o.thumb.jpg.081b85592df24d272779e8c7a0f4c01a.jpg

49676616_1999280370147562_374803834368688128_n.jpg.c21e6b57f529307b52c4d7063e9bf383.jpg

49855663_1999280393480893_7767430582241329152_n.jpg.0391d964f3c5a308c0829ca1af6ad818.jpg

49212960_1999280350147564_5936583274901012480_n.jpg.4a1faf68962f057bb18f7032bb2a78c6.jpg

2 hours ago, papa al said:

how much that cost?

Don't know yet. They have to order. I have also asked them to register the bike as white/ black in the green book once they have done it, to save me having to do it.

They are charging me THB500 for fitting panels though.

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

Those new colours are terrible, yes losworld like the Yamaha bright yellow and blue mix. It would really turn me off buying one.

The colors aren't too bad but the red portion and the small chrome strip thrown in just don't make sense.  It looks like someone cracked one up and bought spare parts.  <deleted> how can Honda be so lazy and unimaginative.

Is not only Honda; most bike manufacturers yearly updates are just a basic colour change and sometimes the odd thing on them this is standard MO worldwide, however as already been said if you had agreed the price and exact model and they could not deliver then you should have walked away without losing one baht. 

Other thing is you would probably get a better deal anywhere who still have the older model or at least get the original deal you were going for (colour and price)

I have lived Samui for a long time and have bought 5 new Honda's over the period.

I always buy them in Surathani city where I pay between 2000 and 5000 baht less than on the island.

Shipping overnight to Nathon was 350 baht but latest was 500 baht.

My advice is "Shop around". 

20 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

It's still an ugly bathtub, just more expensive.. ????

And 6 kgs lighter. ???? 

I don't like these new colour schemes, but I quite like the shape. I think having that big butt style towards the back is what comes with having bigger under seat space. I remember looking at a Bergman? once. Massive underseat space, but so wide, someone described sitting on it as "like visiting the gynaecologist."

Some other differences vs my old one. The seat is now spring loaded, so as you lift it, it pops upright. Eight spoke wheels. Also, there is a small downlight fitted in the body on the left hand side. Can't think what for. Would rather they fitted ABS. Not done 100kms on it yet, but averaging 48.8kms/l. according to dash.

Now to search for an English instruction booklet.

• 2 weeks later...

This happens often here. I would try talking to the manager, explain that you are a social media expert, and that you are happy to post a rather unflattering comment about this incident, and the dealership, on your Facebook and Twitter account. Social media can often be used to scare a merchant into doing the right thing. The 5,000 baht does not mean much to the dealer, and he may choose less aggravation over a paltry sum. Do not go down without a fight. This is beyond unethical. A contract is a contract.

But, then again you mentioned Samui. Not much in the way of "local pride" on Samui.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:25 PM, phetphet said:

And 6 kgs lighter. ???? 

I don't like these new colour schemes, but I quite like the shape. I think having that big butt style towards the back is what comes with having bigger under seat space. I remember looking at a Bergman? once. Massive underseat space, but so wide, someone described sitting on it as "like visiting the gynaecologist."

Some other differences vs my old one. The seat is now spring loaded, so as you lift it, it pops upright. Eight spoke wheels. Also, there is a small downlight fitted in the body on the left hand side. Can't think what for. Would rather they fitted ABS. Not done 100kms on it yet, but averaging 48.8kms/l. according to dash.

Now to search for an English instruction booklet.

I have a Bergman 200. It is by far the most comfortable bike I have ever driven. Amazing suspension. And when I have a passenger, they always rave about the seat. Yes, it is wide. It is like a limousine, that handles really well. It blows away the Forza on every level imaginable. Maybe not the newly designed one. But, certainly the old boats. 

On 1/14/2019 at 4:58 PM, cracker1 said:

I have lived Samui for a long time and have bought 5 new Honda's over the period.

I always buy them in Surathani city where I pay between 2000 and 5000 baht less than on the island.

Shipping overnight to Nathon was 350 baht but latest was 500 baht.

My advice is "Shop around". 

Smart. I did the same when I bought my car, while living on Samui. Most everything is overpriced, due to the massive distance of 20 km, from the mainland. 

Another thing I have noticed with this new model. The seat is covered with a different, more smoother fabric than the old textured one.

The old one seemed to shed water, so after it rained, there was never a drop on the seat.

This one is the opposite. Seems to hold the raindrops for some reason. They just pool on the seat.

• 3 months later...
On 1/12/2019 at 7:28 AM, alx123 said:

I hope they at least put an ABS into it now. If not, meh...

nearly perfect bike, lack of ABS it’s only one major downside. lightweight, acceptable powerful, led all around, keyless ignition(i love it),fag lighter, driving position comfortable (hate click), fuel consumption ~ 51km/l of petrol or ~ 43km/l 91/95 gasohol on normal mixed driving (forza hardly do half of that), 118km/h max. 

Archived