Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 January 2019 07:40
webfact

Carmaker Rolls-Royce urges UK's May to avoid a hard Brexit

4 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

RR is an infinitesimal small part of UKs future, they should just keep mum

Rolls Royce has significant PR value. When I see RR on a road, I think highest quality product, quite like Swiss watches. I also associate that feeling to UK products in general.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Rolls Royce has significant PR value. When I see RR on a road, I think highest quality product, quite like Swiss watches. I also associate that feeling to UK products in general.

I'll take this a bit further. Whenever I see an airliner using RR engines, I feel safe. I feel safe because the engines are done by a very trusted manufacturer, who is proud to keep it's products in top shape. 

Analogue to Brexit. That is or was what UK was all about to the rest of us. Very trusted partner, who we know always did the right thing. Somebody we felt safe to be with. 

This whole Brexit mess has hugely eroded that feeling of safety and trust towards UK. That's probably why many of us Europeans have felt in the way that our trust to stabile UK has been broken or violated. It's really not a nice feeling. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I believe that's the other Rolls Royce that no longer has anything to do with the auto manufacturer.

maybe,

if so, the more reason for RR to keep mum

5 hours ago, Grouse said:

Fair point. The U.K. Has a very high GDP (5th) and a reasonable if not huge GDP per capita (39th [Ireland is 10th BTW]). Why is the NHS broke? Schools broke? Infrastructure broke, crap pensions? Crap benefits? Tiny army? No aircraft for our carriers?

In short, where is our money going? The head of Motability? Charities? Quangos? Sports morons? Celebrities? 

In short, the U.K. Is badly damaged both mentally and physically. Embarrassing 

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2004rank.html

"In short, where is our money going?"  You could say that about any nation on the planet. It's all in bloated government. It takes 10 layers of bureaucrats to pave a road before the contractor can start the project.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Trouble said:

"In short, where is our money going?"  You could say that about any nation on the planet. It's all in bloated government. It takes 10 layers of bureaucrats to pave a road before the contractor can start the project.

Maybe the UK should start cutting the governmental bloat by abolishing the NHS and privatizing medical care like in the USA. That should work wonders.

A post from a questionable source has been removed, along with replies have been removed.  

15 hours ago, Grouse said:

I like and respect Merkel. She allowed her heart to overrule her head once. Forgiven.

I think you mean that she allowed HER heart to overrule the other 27 members' heads   They do not forgive her.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, oilinki said:

I'll take this a bit further. Whenever I see an airliner using RR engines, I feel safe. I feel safe because the engines are done by a very trusted manufacturer, who is proud to keep it's products in top shape. 

Analogue to Brexit. That is or was what UK was all about to the rest of us. Very trusted partner, who we know always did the right thing. Somebody we felt safe to be with. 

This whole Brexit mess has hugely eroded that feeling of safety and trust towards UK. That's probably why many of us Europeans have felt in the way that our trust to stabile UK has been broken or violated. It's really not a nice feeling. 

So your trust in the UK has diminished essentially because they decided to leave your beloved EU, which is generally distrusted, with good reason, in the UK.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, oilinki said:

For the loudest and angriest Brexitters, who are about 5-7 % of the voters, Brexit gives a religious type of trance type of feeling. They don't want to understand nor listen, quite like the folks who believe Earth is 6000 years old. 

The rest will adapt, slowly, to the new way of thinking when talked to logically.

Actually, what we will adapt to is living without being a member of the EU.   One thing the UK is extremely good at is accepting hard times and emerging stronger than ever. 

19 hours ago, tifino said:

but.... RR is foreign owned! whether by the Germans or the Chinese these days... whatever!

RR, it is as British as an MG ZS

so what is a foreign company's place? to be criticising the UK in how they operate with/out Brexit?

RR,  soon to be manufactured in  Rumania .

28 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Actually, what we will adapt to is living without being a member of the EU.   One thing the UK is extremely good at is accepting hard times and emerging stronger than ever. 

Keep calm and carry on.

The Brits who said and did that are long gone.

15 minutes ago, AnnaBanana said:

Keep calm and carry on.

The Brits who said and did that are long gone.

yeah! image.jpeg.b2f7de10afc3643114cba1c556431abc.jpeg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Emerging stronger than ever? The UK has been on the decline ever since WWI