Crackdown on visa overstayers is good for tourism: Big Joke

webfact

56 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

good for tourism? How so? What tourists give a dam?

Bad for tourist numbers!! What about outlawing corruption, pollution, road toll, poverty, bad education and fake priministers.. All talk.....

Here we go again ! Bringing logic into the discussion.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, crees said:

Our local Thai Immigration warned my family, stay away from border towns and ex-pats … that was twenty years ago. We listened and never looked back, we love our life in Thailand

And now you're on an expat forum. Expect a knock on the door from BJ and his SWAT team any time now.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

“We’ve been working through the new year,” Surachate said. “As of now, in the entire land, there are zero overstays.”

By the time he finished the sentence, there were 10 more ????

Tomorrow they will arrest someone that has been here 20 years.  I guess they built a wall?

5 hours ago, crees said:

Our local Thai Immigration warned my family, stay away from border towns and ex-pats … that was twenty years ago. We listened and never looked back, we love our life in Thailand

if so what are you doing at TV as it's majority or all are ex-pats

I am not saying that this is a bad thing.... 

BUT..

1) you are repeatedly saying there are no more overstayers... and yet the next week you round up another few hundred?  this makes no sense to me?

2) Why is this a good thing for tourism, if they are here, then they must be spending money, buying food, drink, transport, accommodation etc... sure, they have broken the law and that is wrong.... but why is catching overstayers a good thing for tourism???  

Do you mean that as there are now NO MORE OVERSTAYERS that any and all Farang that you see on the streets and bars MUST be good quality tourists and won't be hassled!?

5 hours ago, pmh2009 said:

So does that mean the operation is finished, stopped, closed???

Every day new people will become on 'overstay'

When they start arresting, locking up and deporting people who have 1 or 2 days of overstay, genuine tourists who forgot to go to immigration - that's when there will be a real problem.

If any of these people have been on overstay for more than just a few weeks then it proves that they lied the last time there were 0 overstays.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

They are here to protect the elite, the super wealthy, those that are connected, and those in power. They are not here to address the problems of the common man and woman. And they absolutely refuse to do that, on any level.

Couldn't agree with you more.

5 hours ago, HalfLight said:

Correct. The only thing stopping his ears from crashing together is the wise open spaces keeping them apart.

everything is wide open space in every atom 

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

How do you sell equipment in a closed shop from abroad?

see the part  where I said  my Wife has helped him? he even gave her his ATM card to pay for any ongoing costs whilst he was stuck in idc.

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

How did he sell his company and equipment while he was in the detention center and deported?

company was not sold it was closed  down ie ceased  trading, terminated, wife  had to do a lot of this work for him and speaking with his boss in Japan, cash withdrawals from an atm to pay staff etc and go visit  him a few  times once at 8pm in the evening at IDC in a private  room with help from a  high up friend of hers and no glass  partitions or guard  there.........................and she only rented him a  room as an real estate agent, thats how she knew him. Even she thought it was  pretty disgusting how Immigration behaved. However Thailand lost and he wont be back, relocated co to Phillipines

9 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Well he has that wrong. I know two people personally who are on overstay, who he hasn't caught up with yet. Lovely as it is to hear his ramblings, perhaps he should think before setting his mouth into gear and coming out with such stupid comments.

RE - perhaps he should think before setting his mouth into gear and coming out with such stupid comments.

What has he then left to say…?...:whistling:

I remember him saying this last year 500 rounded up no more over stayers.

then was 500 rounded up no more over stayers 

Then again 500 rounded up no more over stayers 

start of 2019 500 rounded up  no more over stayers so we got at lest 2 more coming up for this year.

I think will be once every couple months 

1 hour ago, rossco1 said:

I remember him saying this last year 500 rounded up no more over stayers.

then was 500 rounded up no more over stayers 

Then again 500 rounded up no more over stayers 

start of 2019 500 rounded up  no more over stayers so we got at lest 2 more coming up for this year.

I think will be once every couple months 

As has been posted before new overstayers appear every day at midnight when their visa expires.

I should imagine any tourists staying at the Bangkok Montien Riverside hotel would have been less than impressed with a paramilitary display outside their bedroom windows at 1 am!

You are absolutely right - this is something they just don’t get here - nobody coming from a peaceful, civilized country wants to see these stupid display of uniforms especially not when on holiday.

Living here for so many years one gets used to this - but every time we have visitors and traveling around Thailand I am asked if Thailand is such a dangerous country or in a constant state of war when we pass or are being stopped at road blocks manned by police, army with sandbag “machine gun” stations.
And to be honest it looks like something straight out of a war movie- we just don’t notice it anymore.

I am also not sure why this headline ?
What has catching overstayers got to do with - tourism?

As for the “outlaw” foreign workers - by 2030 Thailand will officially be a super aged society dependent on foreign workers. Wonder if Big Joke comes up with a cunning plan how to handle that situation - I am sure they will start to think about it - in 2031.

These stupid display of uniforms are nothing but photo ops - once BJ starts to net the real foreign criminals in this country I will applaud him - but he somehow seems to miss them all the time?? Could this have anything to do with big fat brown envelopes?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

He had previously told us they would all be clear before the New Year began, though you have to take your hat off to his efficiency in rounding up the last 490, without letting any at all slip through the net. :cheesy:

Got to wonder how he will explain any more he catches in the future, without admitting todays statement was pure rot.

It's easy to become an over stayer tomorrow and the next (etc), so the numbers must be expected to rebuild !

Archived