Popular Nana Pharmacy closing

tethered goat

Just been to Charoen Pharmacy, the large pharmacy 20 metres past the petrol station at Nana.I walked in it was dark with almost no stock on the shelves, they told me they were closing and were not moving to another spot. They always seem to have what i was looking for and at a reasonable price.What do you think are the best alternatives ? Do you think South Eastern is more expensive or about the same for generic BPH medicines if so any other recommendations

I have used the guy round the corner on soi 15 ( 15 mtrs down the soi on the left) ,both  there and at his previous location . He used to manage the pharmacy between Robinson’s and Asia Books. Really really knowledgable and helpful. 

in the 15 plus years I have known him he does not seem to have aged even the slightest, must have some secret sauce.

51 minutes ago, MikeOKitches said:

Sad news indeed. That pharmacy was a great place, and when I lived in walking distance to it, I could find any medication as well as decent advice on basic remedies. Very friendly people there, and I'll miss them. 

pharmacy.jpg

great photo...later to be included in a photo montage 'disappearing Bangkok...' the traditional family businesses gave the place a lot of it's character which is rapidly disappearing...my favorite pharmacy as well...

on foot on the way back to Nana from the US embassy with whatever business, stop next door at Bully's Bar for a burger and a beer then pick up some meds and head back to the hotel...now utterly ruined when I thought that the convenience was gonna last forever...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, myshem said:

hello, so where is the cheapest Aptalis now ? Any good place around BKK or Pattaya ?

And does anybody knows where the owners of Charoen pharmacy have moved ? 

Thanks.

Aptalis was a pharmaceutical company sold to forest labs for 20 billion THB... what exactly are you looking for? 

On 5/5/2019 at 5:55 AM, lamyai3 said:

They've retired, not relocated. 

but the shot is open everyday, they just don't sell medicine anymore...

I suspect that they finally had problems selling those steroids. Ah yes, most of you maybe didn't know that ANY pills were available there...

Archived