Locals scramble for ‘free’ beer as Leo truck drops load in Rassada

webfact

Locals scramble for ‘free’ beer as Leo truck drops load

By The Phuket News

1547189725_1-org.jpg

Locals ride off with cans of Leo beer that fell off a truck in Rassada this morning (Jan 11). Photo: Nong Suwanpukdee

PHUKET: Scores of people rushed to collect cans of beer scattered all over the road this morning (Jan 11) after a truck carrying thousands of cans of Leo beer dropped its load in Rassada.

Wichit Police were notified of the incident at around 6am, but due to there being no traffic police on duty at the time were late to arrive at the scene on Soi Kingkaew-Uthit.

Upon arrival, police found scores of people collecting and taking away as many cans as they could carry. Whilst others were helping to gather the cans and clear the road.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/locals-scramble-for-free-beer-as-leo-truck-drops-load-69983.php#sP2MesqY2lmHQZHf.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-01-11

What, no police on duty at 6am? 

I know that I am opening myself up here, but where the bloody hell are they?

Good on the locals for cleaning up the mess. Enjoy the spoils of your labor. 

Nb. I do hope the driver is ok and that the Ambulance Service were not snoozing in as well.

Just now, GBW said:

Nb. I do hope the driver is ok and that the Ambulance Service were not snoozing in as well.

No traffic police on duty is not the same as no police on duty.

22 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No traffic police on duty is not the same as no police on duty.

I am well aware of that. I generalized 'police'. Although my question still stands. 

13 hours ago, GBW said:

They were helping the locals clean up the cans, party at Rassada police station tonight

Company reports 80K beer cans disappeared after truck accident in Phuket

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_5940.jpg

A logistic company representative has filed a report to police after more than 80,000 beer cans, valued at more than two million baht, mysteriously vanished after a beer truck overturned in Rassada this morning.

The truck overturned and beer cans were scattered all over the road outside a 7-11.

Read more about the incident HERE.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/company-reports-80k-beer-cans-disappeared-after-truck-accident-in-phuket

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-01-12

13 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Company reports 80K beer cans disappeared after truck accident in Phuket

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

IMG_5940.jpg

A logistic company representative has filed a report to police after more than 80,000 beer cans, valued at more than two million baht, mysteriously vanished after a beer truck overturned in Rassada this morning.

The truck overturned and beer cans were scattered all over the road outside a 7-11.

Read more about the incident HERE.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/company-reports-80k-beer-cans-disappeared-after-truck-accident-in-phuket

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-01-12

How many cans did the 7-11 store put away as stock

28 minutes ago, monkeycu said:

Ha ha ha! There's no mystery at all. Plenty of photographic evidence in most press reports too.

I'm sure the police won't solve it though.

20 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha ha! There's no mystery at all. Plenty of photographic evidence in most press reports too.

I'm sure the police won't solve it though.

IMO they shouldn't even try to solve it.

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

IMO they shouldn't even try to solve it.

Not sure about this one, 80.000. That is pure theft, taking a few cans back is one thing. But 80.000 suppose there were 1000 locals that is still 80 cans a person. I wonder though if they count broken cans, to the missing. I have no problem with taking a few cans back but it really looks like that some locals took far more then just a few. 

Anyway !  Those beer cans would have to be officially <destroyed> , so people that cleared the road might as well keep them to thanks them  for their labor.  More safe and efficient that waiting and do nothing.

80,000 cans is about 26 tonnes - how big was the truck?  Was it overloaded?  Was it top heavy?  Did the driver fall asleep or did the brakes fail?  So many questions!

80,000 is only the ones that "vanished" how many others were left behind on the road making my 26 tonne estimate very conservative.

• harming living things.
  • taking what is not given.
  • sexual misconduct.
  • lying or gossip.
  • taking intoxicating substances eg drugs or drink.

The 5 moral precepts of Buddhism (well, they can't have been Moslems)

No. 2 and no. 5 are broken straight away. If they deny nicking them, there's no. 4. Once they get pie-eyed, it won't be long before the fighting and shagging breaks out. That's nos. 1 & 3. Full House!

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

report to police after more than 80,000 beer cans, valued at more than two million baht, mysteriously vanished after a beer truck overturned

Nothing mysterious about this. Logistics company should have no problem, just watch the video!

Inspired by selfless Junta leadership, and Uncle #1's limitless love for the country…loyal, patriotic Thai citizens rush to the scene of the accident with joyous vigor...and work tirelessly to restore the local environment to it’s natural, pristine beauty.

Clean up 02.jpg

2 hours ago, jaiyen said:

The beer cans are no good and would be dumped anyway by the insurance company. The locals clean up most of the mess for free. Win Win situation.

90%  of  those cans  will end  up thrown down after consumption

Archived