Sale of prescription drugs

thecyclist

Read in a previous post that there is a tightening up of sales of drugs in Cambodia.My last time in Cambodia was a year ago, and back then drugs like Ambien/Zolpidem, Valium, Kamagra were still freely sold in pharmacies around PP, has anything changed since then?I live in Vietnam where pharmacies stopped selling sedatives recently, and planning a Tet holiday trip across the border to escape the 'new year mass movement' and to stock up on drugs.

I have no idea re Ambien/Zolpidem.  Valium and related meds are still sold over the counter, at least in pharmacies with qualified pharmacists on duty,  Kamagra and the like, I have even seen in convenience stores.

There was talk a while back of trying to make antibiotics prescriptuon only due to concerns about  resistance but that would be pretty impractical in Cambodia at this time and nothing further seems to have happened.

8 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I have no idea re Ambien/Zolpidem.  Valium and related meds are still sold over the counter, at least in pharmacies with qualified pharmacists on duty,  Kamagra and the like, I have even seen in convenience stores.

There was talk a while back of trying to make antibiotics prescriptuon only due to concerns about  resistance but that would be pretty impractical in Cambodia at this time and nothing further seems to have happened.

Great, thanks. Pretty sure that, if they are still selling Valium OTC, then Zolpidem will be available as well in PP:Always been hard to find (and if you do, like in Siem Reap and Sihanoukville, it will be much more expensive than in PP) outside of the capital. 

Archived