Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson SLAMS 'snowflake generation'

snoop1130

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson SLAMS 'snowflake generation'

By RYAN SMITH

8392954-6580695-image-a-12_1547194762477.jpg

Smackdown: Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson has hit out at the 'snowflake' generation, accusing those who are 'easily offended' of pulling society 'backwards'

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson has hit out at the 'snowflake' generation, accusing those who are 'easily offended' of pulling society 'backwards'.

The former wrestler, 46, has revealed that while he supports people feeling free to be whoever they are, he's none too pleased about those who constantly complain.

California native Dwayne told the Daily Star:  'I don’t have to agree with what somebody thinks, who they vote for, what they voted for, what they think, but I will back their right to say or believe it.

That’s democracy.

Full Story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6580695/Dwayne-Rock-Johnson-SLAMS-snowflake-generation-says-theyre-putting-back.html

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry, Dwayne, just gets better after 50. 

Can't imagine how kids under 30 walk and chew gum at the same time like "we" did. 

Music gets louder and worse. 

1.50 1.75  2.0 reading glasses ain't enough anymore. 

New movies suck, so you start watching old favorites again. 

Comedians under 40 aren't the slightest bit funny.  

Comedians that are funny are dead. 

Start eliminating favorite foods because they give you gas.

And finally, you can never EVER trust a fart again! 

And

49 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Don't worry, Dwayne, just gets better after 50. 

Can't imagine how kids under 30 walk and chew gum at the same time like "we" did. 

Music gets louder and worse. 

1.50 1.75  2.0 reading glasses ain't enough anymore. 

New movies suck, so you start watching old favorites again. 

Comedians under 40 aren't the slightest bit funny.  

Comedians that are funny are dead. 

Start eliminating favorite foods because they give you gas.

And finally, you can never EVER trust a fart again! 

And one day you find that when you kneel down someone has to help you back onto your feet. 

The Rock The Schmock. His torso muscles are starving out his brain "muscles" (not really muscles explaining his weakness in that department). I agree people should be allowed to say what they want but they shouldn't get all shocked if they say horrible stuff and then get flak from the public or their employer if they violated a contract. The public has a right to free speech as well. 

Just another oldie who can't see that the world changes and that young people have other values, priorities and needs in this ever changing world. Most young people I know are not easily offended but they don't except racism and sexism any more. Is that what he's on about ?

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The Rock The Schmock. His torso muscles are starving out his brain "muscles" (not really muscles explaining his weakness in that department). I agree people should be allowed to say what they want but they shouldn't get all shocked if they say horrible stuff and then get flak from the public or their employer if they violated a contract. The public has a right to free speech as well. 

"say horrible stuff" such as implying that someone must have a tiny brain if he/she has built big muscles. Silly prejudice ..... but I respect your right to free speech and spouting nonsense.

16 minutes ago, johnsnapo said:

Most young people I know are not easily offended but they don't except racism and sexism any more. Is that what he's on about ?

No, that wasnt what he was on about .

What made you think that that was on about .

Or are you just suggesting that hes a racist sexist ?

35 minutes ago, johnsnapo said:

Just another oldie who can't see that the world changes and that young people have other values, priorities and needs in this ever changing world. Most young people I know are not easily offended but they don't except racism and sexism any more. Is that what he's on about ?

An 'oldie' at 46.....:laugh:

:clap2::laugh::clap2::laugh::clap2::laugh:

Just now, johnsnapo said:

Im not getting into this, please look for an argument elsewhere.

Best just not to reply then, if you dont want to discuss the topic .

You made the thinly veiled accusation that the Rock must be a racist and a sexist , now you are accusing me of being argumentative !!!!!!!!

You need to stop pointing your fingers at people and accusing them 

45 minutes ago, johnsnapo said:

Im not getting into this, please look for an argument elsewhere.

You made a veiled and snarky accusation that The Rock is racist and sexist, then wimped out when you got called out on it.

Kind of proves The Rock's point about feeble snowflakes. ????

32 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Honestly the rock is a stupid name. Apparently this walking advert for steroids enjoys some kind of fame. For me he's about as relevant as Joe Blow from Poughkeepsie.

Be sure to tell him that , next time that you are in the same Gym as him .

He makes a serious point. young people are not creating themselves in the role of snowflakes they are being influenced to be this way by the change in parenting styles. Parents tend to be more careful about children playing outside, computer games are allowed non stop so kids exercise less and are less confident as a result. 

Universities which have been occupied by Leftie progressives increasingly for the last 30 years have also created the "virtue signal-ing" generation who imagine feelings more important than facts

Public life has also created a youth who agree with and do the bidding of globalist Financiers and their running dog politicians; welcoming all migrants, believing women are paid less and transwomen are genetic women. None of these things should be accepted without reason or facts to support their premise but today it seems, facts don't matter and actually spoil a bout of adolescent virtue signal-ing. 

The British Army cannot recruit young men and has resorted to begging for Snowflakes, muslims, women and gays to join. Gay men and women as well as muslims who adopt British values have always, incidentally, been part of the British Army and served with valour so that parts not new. It does not make the new MOD ads any less cringeworthy.

As for "The Rock" being labeled a musclehead; in my experience it's often those who were not good at sport and/or were bullied at school who criticise physical prowess. The guy is bright enough to have carved out two careers for himself and a pretty fantastic lifestyle I should think but knocking any man who is "masculine" is just part of the current malaise sweeping the western world. 

I only thank goodness I'm in Thailand or i'd been taking off heads for a pastime!

I don't dig the fellow but I agree with him.  People get too offended  and this comes because they were raised in a sterile and protective environment . When I was a kid my parents gave no <deleted> if i ate an apple or unwashed vegetables with the hand that i touched a cat or that i fought an entire neighbourhood of kids my age .  Now everyone is getting crazy about that and really don't want their kids to have that.  They are protected on all fronts from everything. Probably one of the reasons why they have so many allergies

The "older"generation didn't have it so easy. And that builds characters on the long term.

Whatever you think of the guy he is worth $220 million, all made from a career of wrestling, movies and developing muscles. 

How much are the critical snowflakes on this forum worth?

I'm not particularly a fan of his stuff, but can admire what he's achieved.

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Honestly the rock is a stupid name. Apparently this walking advert for steroids enjoys some kind of fame. For me he's about as relevant as Joe Blow from Poughkeepsie.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Why all the hate? The Rock is a great role model for kids who has always advocated being healthy and positive.

Its almost like you are responding as if his snowflake moniker was directed at you but you are surely much too old and not the intended audience of his suggestion.

10 hours ago, johnsnapo said:

So you're against sexism and racism, but not ageism!

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Well, we may have the right but every time I exercise free speech someone smacks me in the mouth.  :cheesy:

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

His movies are watchable at least and some of them are quite good. Jumanji was brilliant. Infinitely more enjoyable than the virtue signalling sewage that gets the Oscar nods. 

Didn't think it was as good as the Robin Williams movie.

5 hours ago, anon7854 said:

I don't dig the fellow but I agree with him.  People get too offended  and this comes because they were raised in a sterile and protective environment . When I was a kid my parents gave no <deleted> if i ate an apple or unwashed vegetables with the hand that i touched a cat or that i fought an entire neighbourhood of kids my age .  Now everyone is getting crazy about that and really don't want their kids to have that.  They are protected on all fronts from everything. Probably one of the reasons why they have so many allergies

The "older"generation didn't have it so easy. And that builds characters on the long term.

Some people think it is because they are raised by their mothers now.

Archived