Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson SLAMS 'snowflake generation'

snoop1130

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, GettingBye said:

I can’t believe this thread made it to page five before politics was introduced.

The Rock was asked if he would ever run for office and quick to say that he has no experience and before he would ever run for any political office he would first need to gain experience. 

Arnold did a great job in office because he used his universal celebrity to garner lawmaker support from both sides of the aisle. The absence of historic partisanship identity is what US politics desperately needs right now.

You probably don’t see it by living over here but the US is full of alot of emotional people right now obsessing over politics to the point it has become unhealthy for the Country.

Arnold was a horrible governor. I was a Californian back then. But don't forget Jesse Ventura who made even Arnold look good. 

The Man Who Tried to Make California Great Again

The Rise and Fall of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger

As Arnold Schwarzenegger steps down this month, California voters can only marvel that a leader of such apparent strength is leaving the Golden State such a weakling—its institutions eroded and its finances more of a mess than when he took over from Gray Davis after the 2003 recall.

https://www.lamag.com/longform/the-rise-and-fall-of-governor-arnold-schwarze/

I understand very well what is going on, dude, and you're correct, this thread shouldn't be about that.

If you want to be a The Rock fan, fine by me. He rubs me the wrong way, and that should be fine too.

I've read his inspirational quotes. I find them moronic, very typically American in the worse sense of that term. Vapid and superficial. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Arnold was a horrible governor. I was a Californian back then. But don't forget Jesse Ventura who made even Arnold look good. 

https://www.lamag.com/longform/the-rise-and-fall-of-governor-arnold-schwarze/

I understand very well what is going on, dude, and you're correct, this thread shouldn't be about that.

If you want to be a The Rock fan, fine by me. He rubs me the wrong way, and that should be fine too.

I've read his inspirational quotes. I find them moronic, very typically American in the worse sense of that term. Vapid and superficial. 

Well I didn’t realize Arnold did poorly but it IS California after all. Thanks for the link to help me out.

The very worst sort of American? 

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I was just joking around, you didn't get that?

But the guy doesn't impress me, sorry. 

I heard he's considering running for president.

That's really bright of him insulting an entire generation of potential voters. Moron!

Really, I can't take the guy seriously. He presents himself more as a cartoon character than a person. He makes action movies for stupid 19 year old boys and adults that haven't matured since then. 

Our heroes should be serious people that actually add value to society like great teachers, doctors, scientists, real artists, great writers, etc. 

I think someone is smitten but won't admit it :cheesy:

On 1/11/2019 at 9:20 PM, Jingthing said:

Honestly the rock is a stupid name. Apparently this walking advert for steroids enjoys some kind of fame. For me he's about as relevant as Joe Blow from Poughkeepsie.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The Rock is a great name and he is a fantastic A-list actor.  Not sure why you are so intolerant of people who are different and resort to needless name calling.

On 1/12/2019 at 2:51 PM, GettingBye said:

You probably don’t see it by living over here but the US is full of alot of emotional people right now obsessing over politics to the point it has become unhealthy for the Country.

You just replied to one of them ????

On 1/12/2019 at 12:09 AM, Jingthing said:

I was just joking around, you didn't get that?

But the guy doesn't impress me, sorry. 

I heard he's considering running for president.

That's really bright of him insulting an entire generation of potential voters. Moron!

Really, I can't take the guy seriously. He presents himself more as a cartoon character than a person. He makes action movies for stupid 19 year old boys and adults that haven't matured since then. 

Our heroes should be serious people that actually add value to society like great teachers, doctors, scientists, real artists, great writers, etc. 

Yes that's true because it isn't like Hillary Clinton didn't personally insult about half the USA population. You people really talk in circles.

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson has hit out at the 'snowflake' generation, accusing those who are 'easily offended' of pulling society 'backwards'. - When he was talking about the 'snowflake' generation I thought he was talking about the gays that seem to be increasing since his generation: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Snowflake&page=18

Topic has been cleanup up.  The ignore function is for that reason: to ignore people.  If you're going to set members on your ignore list, ignore them.  If the members are on your ignore list, I don't think there is a need to PM the member(s) to advise them they are on your ignore list, ignore them.  Do not read the member's posts who are on your ignore list, ignore them.  

Topic is now closed due to people who do not know how to ignore people. 

Archived