Road Tax Issue On Speeding Tickets

Isan Farang

Just checking if any of the Ubon members have been refused road tax due to unpaid speeding fines at the Ubon tax office.

I have a few tickets that I acquired driving back and fore to Chiang Rai and have paid none of them, I was informed its no issue till March this year when they will connect the ticket system to the tax renewal office.

I had 3 tickets for my car back in 2018 and when I went to get my tax in December 2018 there was no issue with the unpaid fines in there system. My other vehicles that is used for this CR run are not due till June/July this year so will need to wait on the outcome of these.

I would assume the same reason why I don't pay them. Its probably 90% of drivers that don't pay these tickets. Talk to people about it and they will just have a chuckle and say "don't pay".

to the op: Nope, havent had any issues as of yet. However, I do hope they will connect the ticket system with the tax renewal office, though I highly doubt they will or that it will work.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:36 AM, NiwPix said:

I would assume the same reason why I don't pay them. Its probably 90% of drivers that don't pay these tickets. Talk to people about it and they will just have a chuckle and say "don't pay".

to the op: Nope, havent had any issues as of yet. However, I do hope they will connect the ticket system with the tax renewal office, though I highly doubt they will or that it will work.

I keep hearing that if you have not paid the speeding fines they will refuse to give you road tax, but if the two departments are not connected how can the road tax office know what tickets you have not paid.

I will wait till June/July and then check if any issue when its road tax time for my other vehicles.

On 1/13/2019 at 12:42 PM, Isan Farang said:

I will wait till June/July and then check if any issue when its road tax time for my other vehicles.

If you'll have any issues, you could always raise the money from a GoFundMe campaign. Better yet, keep below the speed limits!

I've now reached the status of having a private queue lane in the Krung Thai bank at Warin Tesco, it seems I'm in there everyfortnight with a speeding fine. (90km/h doesn't do the engine any good at all)

I've been promised that when I reach a certain figure I get my own "Fanta" glass as well

On 1/12/2019 at 8:36 AM, NiwPix said:

Why don't you and Isan Farang drive completely like many Thais do, drunk, no insurance, wrong side of the road, tail-gating, and then you can justify not paying speeding or any other tickets, or your road tax.

Don't bother replying if you already do !

I've been told the same applies to " Parking Tickets " NO Pay.....NO Tax when renewal due.....True or Not ?? I Have 2 Parking Tickets issued Outside Nong Khai Hospital while visiting My Wife who was an Inpatient  ( NO Red Lines where I Parked ) But The 1 Policeman on his Motorcyc is Very Zealous,He be a BAD Man...

Archived