O-A Visa From Thai Embassy Washington DC - Report Jan 2019

During this extra year, you can do another 6 month stay here before you need to visit the embassy again. 

Okay. So now I can stay until December 2019. I don’t see how that meets my needs of wanting to stay until April of the following year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, SpokaneAl said:

Okay. So now I can stay until December 2019. I don’t see how that meets my needs of wanting to stay until April of the following year.

Okay, given your contraints, I can see why re-entry permits don't matter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

Okay, please correct me if I am wrong.  Here is my situation. I got a new non imm o-a in September 2018, and as a result have an enter before date of September 2019. We arrived in Thailand in early November 2018 and will stay until mid April 2019.

Just before leaving in April 2019, you would go to any other country and back, to get a new 1-year permitted-stay stamp - until April 2020.

Then get a re-entry permit for that permitted-stay, so that when you next leave and return, you maintain your "permitted until" April 2020, covering your next Thailand-visiting period.

Just before leaving in April 2019, you would go to any other country and back, to get a new 1-year permitted-stay stamp - until April 2020.

Then get a re-entry permit for that permitted-stay, so that when you next leave and return, you maintain your "permitted until" April 2020, covering your next Thailand-visiting period.

I agree. However, we are pretty much in the dead center of Thailand and have no desire to do a border run days before leaving Thailand which, while giving us that extra year, would limit our departure date options in the following year. Add the cost and time involved of the fairly distant border run, with no airport close by us, plus the reentry permit cost; getting a new non imm o-a visa on my timeline while back in my own country seems a simpler, more elegant solution - for me anyway.

Thank you, everyone, very much for your thoughts on my issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1