BANGKOK 17 February 2019 08:29
AAArdvark

O-A Visa From Thai Embassy Washington DC - Report Jan 2019

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

I have seen references to a "Enter Before" date.  The was not on my ME visa, when does it come into play?

An "enter before" date is on every visa. It is the last date the visa can be used to enter the country.

Your new non 'O-A' is valid for unlimited entries from the date the visa is issued until on or before the 'enter before' date.

Whenever you enter during that year you will be given permission to stay for 1 year. So even if you entered on the 'enter before' (the visas expiry) date you would be given a 1 year stay.

• Like 2

It looks like a different style of visa to those generally issued.

The ‘valid until’ is the equivalent of ‘enter before’.

Op, thanks for the thread.  You did good!! 

I have a thread going where I am moving to Thailand next month and I am working on my OA visa through Los Angeles.  Almost done and should be able to get the visa next week.  Fingers crossed.  

Thanks again.

9 minutes ago, George36 said:

Op, thanks for the thread.  You did good!! 

I have a thread going where I am moving to Thailand next month and I am working on my OA visa through Los Angeles.  Almost done and should be able to get the visa next week.  Fingers crossed.  

Thanks again.

If you live in or near LA, it would be good to hand deliver it.  Saves time and uncertainty.

• Like 2

3rd January 2020 is your enter before date.

They worded it differently.

Every entry up to that date will give 12 months stay.

Edited by Justin Side

3 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

I thought the the "valid until" was equivalent of "get the hell out date".

No, and make sure you understand the difference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elviajero said:

It looks like a different style of visa to those generally issued.

The ‘valid until’ is the equivalent of ‘enter before’.

The visa stickers have been stating valid until instead of enter before for some time now.

I think it was back in late 2017 when they started appearing on the forum.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

..... Bank statement details:  I had both the $ amount of 800,000 baht .....

Does the amount of money need to stay in the same bank account for a certain period of time before making the visa application? 

4 hours ago, post said:

Does the amount of money need to stay in the same bank account for a certain period of time before making the visa application? 

If you are referring to the Thai Embassy in Washington DC, the answer is no I don't think so.  Again, since I provided both monthly income and current bank balances, it is hard for me to say.  My total bank balances that I provided were simply a list of my 3 accounts and the current amount in them on a signed letter from my bank but the Embassy may or may not have disregarded that in favor of the monthly deposit amounts. Just no way for me to know.  The Embassy documentation does not mention seasoned balances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I read they ask for passport with 18 months left it made me think about the second year, ie, leave and enter a day or so before the unter by/ valid until date you should get a one year permission to stay, making 2 years total.

If your passport only has 6 months left I'm not sure you would get the year permission, 6 months max?