Saudi teen who fled family leaves Thailand for asylum in Canada

rooster59

4 hours ago, neeray said:

This line of yours about Trudeau loving terrorists is getting kind of old and boring. Please update yourself on Canada and understand properly. Read some news and views.

Canada accepts hundreds of immigrants each year but terrorists not included.

And BTW, it is quite possible to marry a Thai and bring her to Canada. You seem to have a serious case of sour grapes.

Don't know where you are from but he is correct about jihad Justine welcoming convicted terrorists and giving them multi million dollar cheques (4 of them known about) while crying crocidile tears and the only people coming into Canada now are his ILLEGAL PARISITE MUSLIM border crossers, not immigrants. So far there are over 60 known isis terrorists welcomed back and living in Canada. I used to feel safe and proud to say I am Canadian, now not so much.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A woman trying to escape her family and seek asylum due to abuse and the media tell the whole world where she's going, what flight she's on....it's not going to be difficult to find her. I think a bit of tact might have been overlooked for publicity in this case. Good luck to her but I find all this a bit unsettling for her future safety....

32 minutes ago, kkerry said:

Do you think anyone told her what the weather is like in Toronto... bit different to KSA or Bangkok...

weather.JPG

20 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I’m sure that wasn’t high on her priority list. 

Probably not because she has never experienced the reality of living in a country that is a cold-hell for six months of the year.

8 hours ago, Denim said:

Escaped Saudi and Australia. I bet she was smiling as she waved goodbye to Thailand.

yeh, in Australia she would have ended up in an "offshore refugee concentration camp", so she is real lucky.

'

4 hours ago, pegman said:

I know a guy from Ontario who moved his new Thai wife over within months of their marriage. There was more than 35 years difference in their ages too. Is there something in your background that your not telling us about? 

Haha hardly doubt that.  It takes longer for the paper work just to be mailed from Ontario, Sydney, then to Singapore, and back again.

6 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

The girl was very, very lucky - as there are elections around the Thai corner somebody in the government, pretty high up I would assume, realized the (collateral) damage which could have been created, if this milk would turn sour. 

All fine, all smiles except the Saudis - but they are happy to sit on the Human Right Council of the very same United Nations. Makes me wonder but then, who am I ???? 

....perhaps not because of the Thai-political situation but more so the Canada/Saudi recent political head-butting over Human Rights issues. This young ladies plight was ripe for Canada to show a compassionate helping hand to the world while slapping the Saudi's with the other. She may just be a very lucky pawn in the game of international politics.

If all was quiet on the Middle Eastern front would Canada have opened the door or not?.....Being Canadian,I certainly like to believe they would.

But as far as letting a Thai-peasant with only 400,000b in the bank,land,family and a business come to Canada for a 2-month vacation....nope..."not enough reason to come back".....was the Consulate reply on two different attempts to bring relatives on a summer trip to Canada. I had to laugh..like what did they think these people were going to do...jump ship and get a job shoveling snow?..geeze!

Well now..the Canadians should just organise themselves and start a non islamic political party..don't get mad..get even!!!

Should have chosen Australia. I don’t think she’s aware of the new Islamic political party in Canada that’s trying to impose sharia law.

So many Muslims in Canada, I’m sure someone will finish out her families plan for her, unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 hours ago, eggers said:

Hang on, she, UNHCR & Thai Gov't were originally saying she wanted to go to Australia, now all of a sudden,"left the building".... going to Canada!! All seems a bit dodgy!! 

How is it in any way dodgy? She may have originally wanted to go to Australia but a refugee isn't entitled to just pick and choose whatever country they want. The UNHCR said they would try to find a country that would take her (they didn't specify which country it should be) and Canada offered her asylum while Australia didn't.

15 hours ago, MARK74 said:

"The UNHCR welcomed Canada's decision and also acknowledged Thailand had given Qunun temporary refuge."

what exactly did Thailand screw up? they didn't want to get involved and gave the girl refuge and she is now on the way to canada.

the world is watching? the same world selling billions of dollars of arms to the saudis every year.

I am sure thailand will be losing a lot of sleep over it ????

the asian mentality...smile and do nothing...change your politics like the wind is changing..asylum in thailand ??? a bad joke thousands of rohinga can tell u about the thai asylumsystem plus thousands more locked up on the thai side if the burmese border...in better kind of concentration camps...the asian...no backbone no principles..serve the stronger and later cheat him...the slime ...the usual...

13 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Only Canada's Liberal government pandering to ethnic voters in urban centers sees a win in this. The Canadian taxpayers on the hook for the $1billion+ in costs associated with the growing number of illegal economic migrants  pouring in do not agree. Canada does not need another  1 million immigrants. The emphasis on the need for immigrants is BS as Canada cannot even take care of its own  First Nations, many of whom cannot even access potable water.

Absolute stupidity on Trudeau's part. Canada's universities and healthcare system has been impacted negatively by the loss of the Saudi subsidies and Canada hasn't received the overdue $1.8 billion instalment payment on its arms sale. Good luck collecting now.

Haha, I remember your posts when the relations between Canada and Saudi Arabia blew up.  Your predictions of bad tidings for Canada are getting weaker and weaker, as reality has shown that Saudi Arabia has no leverage over a country that doesn’t need its oil.

15 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Too bad Canada can not show the same compassion to Canadians.  

maybe they should look at relaxing some of the rules that make it impossible for a Canadian to marry a Thai and take her home with him.

If there is a sob story or if you are a terrorist Trudeau will love you and welcome you to Canada,.  Wonder how long before she is bringing the rest of the family to Canada with her.

I saddens me that there are Westerners such as you among us here. We, Westerners, should stand for very basic human rights, such as walking outside without being covered in a bee keepers suit. And a male family member. Stuff that 99.9% of Westerners consider basic human right. 

I'm glad the UN and our great PM has us at the top of the list to take them all. We're already paying up the ass in government tax, for more to come over and do nothing while the rest of us bust our asses to flip the bill.. Why can't the Thais take in one teen on children's day. I'm still waiting for the Them to show us all how great they really are. Number #1 I think not. 

3 hours ago, alphaflight said:

I'm glad the UN and our great PM has us at the top of the list to take them all. We're already paying up the ass in government tax, for more to come over and do nothing while the rest of us bust our asses to flip the bill.. Why can't the Thais take in one teen on children's day. I'm still waiting for the Them to show us all how great they really are. Number #1 I think not. 

I believe Saudi Arabia has no income tax. You should go there and replace this young woman. Win - Win! 

I understand from another thread she is lesbian so she will probably be happy in Canada. 

Anyway I thought she wanted to go to Australia because she had friends living there.  Maybe later. 

1 hour ago, balo said:

I understand from another thread she is lesbian so she will probably be happy in Canada. 

Anyway I thought she wanted to go to Australia because she had friends living there.  Maybe later. 

if she is a lesbian only affirms her safe haven / refugee needs for protection from Saudi authorities.

Oz government were being were displaying "attitude" with granting refugee status, no surprise she preferred Canada. Given a number of Australians are openly racist likely better off living in Canada.

18 hours ago, overherebc said:

Let's hope that when she gets there the media leave her alone and don't start the 'photos of her in her new home' so that everybody and their brother knows where she is.

Surely all this would be taken into consideration.  She'll be hustled away, put somewhere incognito and looked after.  One would think the authorities would realise just what you have written.  Hope so!  The girl seems to be very bright and she must have planned everything carefully.....getting her passport and money to travel etc.

I doubt she is in danger in Canada, any harm comes to her from Saudi connections they will rot in prison and they would be very much aware of this. Problems from local Muslim's unlikely if I can make any comparison to Muslim Australians they have no interest in making trouble as they are very comfortable in their new surrounds. 

23 hours ago, kannot said:

yeah  disappointed they couldnt kill her  most  likely.................but Canada  needs to protect her, Im sure they  will be  trying a  trip out  there soon.

Hopefully the Canadians will be smart enough to blacklist their names so they won't be allowed in

22 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Or perhaps you aren't?

I  offer that there is much more to this story than we have been told. The 

the very fact that this woman is now being trotted out for PR photo ops with the Canadian FM speaks volumes. This has the aura of a manufactured incident, especially with the Canadian involvement.

Neeray - And news today (as Trump "walls" asylum seekers and immigrants out) If you follow the events in the news regarding 'The Wall' it clearly states Trump is only anti-'Illegal Immigrants' and wants people to apply legally as does most other people and countries want. Why should people take years and spend a fortune trying the legal way if illegals enter illegally ? Why should illegals take jobs, housing, benefits off legal residents ? Living in Thailand where as a farang people are not entitled to a 'Bean'. Stop the Trump at all cost 'Brigade' are you ?

4 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

the very fact that this woman is now being trotted out for PR photo ops with the Canadian FM speaks volumes. This has the aura of a manufactured incident, especially with the Canadian involvement.

I'm sure the Canadians saw this as an opportunity to highlight the backward treatment of women in SA. Nothing wrong with giving the Saudi's and the rest of the world who remains silent on their HR abuses a reminder on our need to progress.

10 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Are you saying Trudeau has done as a PR move?

Possible, but who cares.

Archived