Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 January 2019 06:47
rooster59

Trump stops short of emergency declaration in border wall fight

7 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

I just like the way Jim Acosta made the case for effective barriers. Wasn't his intention, but successful anyway.

Acosta “I didn’t see any danger on the border Mr. President,”

Trump “That’s because we had a wall,” 

Trump delivers a verbal kick to the jimmies.

• Like 2

Posts referencing an unapproved source have been removed.

1 hour ago, Longcut said:

Ever hear of border patrols and drones?  A barrier is just that, a barrier. It is not meant to be a save all! Why do people have walls around their homes? Have they never heard of a ladder or tunnels? 

What a ridiculous comment.

Most of the illegals coming into my home come through the sunroof. Should I get a wall on my roof? Steel slats? Concrete? Hollow steel tubes filled with concrete? Concrete wheels? HELP, it’s a freakin’ enmergency! But, you know what? It can wait a bit, we’ll see. MAGA!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Most of the illegals coming into my home come through the sunroof. Should I get a wall on my roof? Steel slats? Concrete? Hollow steel tubes filled with concrete? Concrete wheels? HELP, it’s a freakin’ enmergency! But, you know what? It can wait a bit, we’ll see. MAGA!

It can't wait because if it does then there will be an actual emergency. This happened in Europe already. It wasn't a crisis until it was and then it was too late. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Silurian said:

GoFundMe is refunding all donations made to the 'Fund the Wall' campaign

Well, that didn't work. Time to squeeze the US taxpayer for the ineffectual wall/barrier/steel slat fence/shower curtain.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/gofundme-border-wall-refund-brian-kolfage

“In an update to the "We the People Will Build the Wall" campaign, Brian Kolfage wrote that rather than donating the money raised to the federal government, it would instead be handed over to a private nonprofit he said he had established in order to construct a wall himself.”

It was a grift from the getgo. MAGAS are chumps and grifters see them.

Not all $20m will be returned. Gofundme gets to keep their 5% and credit card companies get to keep their 3%

This guy, Kolfage, has a history of shady fundraising.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

Let me see. It could wait when Republicans controlled both houses of Congress. But now that the House has a big Democratic majority, it's an emergency? 

Let's hope another caravan or two don't come now. I would say the wall isn't necessary if we did away with jus soli, but that isn't even a discussion. So far now I would like to prevent big numbers going through. Give me equal rights in Mexico and I might say okay open the border.

You can't give migrant right visas with jus soli and have new "citizens" with every migrational season. 

• Like 1

An off-topic post with inappropriate use of politicians' names has been reported and removed.  

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A national emergency would allow Trump to divert money from other projects to pay for the wall, which was a central promise of his 2016 campaign

Actually the pledge was Mexico would pay for his wall. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Let me see. It could wait when Republicans controlled both houses of Congress. But now that the House has a big Democratic majority, it's an emergency? 

I would love to hear what your opinion is on jus soli. So if America opens it's borders how would you suggest we get around this issue?