Planned Temporary Forum Outage Friday 18th January from 21:00 Read more... ×
BANGKOK 19 January 2019 06:46
rooster59

Trump stops short of emergency declaration in border wall fight

"During his presidential campaign, Trump repeatedly pledged that Mexico would pay for the wall,"

But now the American people have to pay.

"Read my lips"?

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 2

An offensive remark has been reported and removed.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

Interesting - ignore the Fox (I got this of Facebook) - listen to the FACTS from the border patrol guy.

If this guy was someone whose job and future depended on Trump's good will, I might be sceptical. But since that's not the case...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thakkar said:

I propose future Democratic presidents use these emergency powers to coniscate all guns, because mass shootings is an actual emergency. Or ban all coalxfired power plants and curtail gas guzzeling vehiclas and curtail fossil fuel usage because Climate change is an actual energency. Or impkement medicare for all because millions without healthcare and tens of thousands going bankrupt EVERY YEAR due to medical bills is an actual emergency.

ah yes the same ridiculous vacuous blather from the liberal progressive hive. rinse and repeat

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A national emergency would allow Trump to divert money from other projects to pay for the wall, which was a central promise of his 2016 campaign. That, in turn, could prompt him to sign bills that restore funding to agencies that have been affected by the shutdown.

a) so much for the power of Law, and the separation between people's representation, executive and legislative powers, in a stbga democratic country.
b) the 2016 campaign promised that another Nation would pay for this wall.

"a (fire)-wall is only as safe as as the highest Ladder"

5 hours ago, YetAnother said:

foolishness, ever hear of ladders and tunnels ?

Or take a boat around the wall, or fly over, etc etc etc...

1 hour ago, mcambl61 said:

ah yes the same ridiculous vacuous blather from the liberal progressive hive. rinse and repeat

What's wrong with what he said? Whatever crap Trump pulls now is going to set precedent for future presidents. If he bypasses congress and declares a fake emergency to build his ego wall, what's to stop future presidents from doing the same thing to guns?

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

I would also support future presidents invoking emergency powers to ban the vacuous use of the term “rinse and repeat” as well as the the vacuous use of the word “vacuous”

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TVGerry said:

What's wrong with what he said? Whatever crap Trump pulls now is going to set precedent for future presidents. If he bypasses congress and declares a fake emergency to build his ego wall, what's to stop future presidents from doing the same thing to guns?

Thank you for explaining my point, so I don’t have to.