lost car registration book ..help please

mrmazinkle

The registered owner should also drop by the local police station and file a report of the loss of the rego book before tackling the local office of the Department of Land Transport.

Can the OP remember what paperwork he needed to buy the truck and get the rego plates and book 3 years ago?

1. Police report - you will get a copy.

2. To DLT with your copy of above and as much info as you have - past insurance policy, past Por Ror Or, preferably the vehicle itself.

3. When you get a new Blue book, take photo copies and store in a safe

2 hours ago, VYCM said:

you'll probably find the book at the local Money Lender.

Your wife may have taken out a loan on (hocked) the car.

I wouldn't bet against that. It's a guarantee for the money lender because the car will be difficult to shift without the book.

My wife was once asked by a neighbour to lend her 25k baht and this lady was prepared to hand over her chanote (title deeds).

Good luck.

7 hours ago, VYCM said:

I don’t think the OP mentioned whether he was married or not - but sadly I real suspicion he is. 

So if the choice was a truck or perhaps a big bike or even a little MX5 - they are good fun - which one would wifey go for - can’t get a Buffalo in the MX5 

Bit naughty of you to suggest wifey had hocked the car ( it’s not a car just a glorified argricultural vehicle ) 

4 hours ago, a10ams said:

My wife was once asked by a neighbour to lend her 25k baht and this lady was prepared to hand over her chanote (title deeds). 

A chanote alone is as worthless as a vehicle registration book, she can just report it lost and get a new one, so a money lender who knows what he is doing would not accept it unless it would come together with a signed sales contract.

17 hours ago, VYCM said:

very witty but it fails, as, I don't have a wife and the truck is in my name.sorry if you have experience with this

18 minutes ago, mrmazinkle said:
17 hours ago, VYCM said:

very witty but it fails, as, I don't have a wife and the truck is in my name.sorry if you have experience with this

If there is a mrsmazinkle, or maybe another gender (ladyboy friend), or good friend, housekeeper - whatever, it makes no difference if the truck is in your name they/it/he/she can still get money on it.

10 hours ago, jackdd said:

A chanote alone is as worthless as a vehicle registration book, she can just report it lost and get a new one, so a money lender who knows what he is doing would not accept it unless it would come together with a signed sales contract.

And would the chanut document being offered be up to date?

12 hours ago, jackdd said:

Frequented a bar in Jomtien years ago.

Guy on a Honda Wave came weekly to take payments from the bar owners wife.

One day two guys were on the bike. One walked in - no words exchanged - held out his hand. Keys to the wifes new Honda Civic dropped into said hand.

Bye Bye

She knew what would happen if she did not comply. I doubt the lender had any contract as this could backfire on him and be used as evidence if discovered.

2 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

... One day two guys were on the bike. One walked in - no words exchanged - held out his hand. Keys to the wifes new Honda Civic dropped into said hand. ...

That was her brother and he was being nice taking and it to the car wash as she was far too busy.

On 1/13/2019 at 8:58 AM, VYCM said:

If there is a mrsmazinkle, or maybe another gender (ladyboy friend), or good friend, housekeeper - whatever, it makes no difference if the truck is in your name they/it/he/she can still get money on it.

That's always the way with those ladyboy mia noi - they stick it to you in the end.

On 1/12/2019 at 10:40 PM, jackdd said:

I didn't know that. I was under the impression that a chanote was the be all and end all. Every day is a school day.

On 1/12/2019 at 11:59 AM, canthai55 said:

1. Police report - you will get a copy.

2. To DLT with your copy of above and as much info as you have - past insurance policy, past Por Ror Or, preferably the vehicle itself.

3. When you get a new Blue book, take photo copies and store in a safe

You will need the Police report defo. I think they may also want to inspect the vehicle as usually cautious about lost vehicle docs.

If it is on finance they won’t issue the book to you as it will be in the name of the finance company until all paid off and they release it? 

How did you tax it last time? If you used the local MOT station) I know it’s not called that here) and doesn’t need an MOT until seven years old. However, they might tell you the old book no and details as will be on their computer if the key the ref no in which will assist you at the DMV.

Archived