Bringing pills on flight to thailand?

oskar55

Per his post the med is Benadryl so not a controlled drug. But he seems to have a suitcase full of the stuff which will be an issue if his bags are checked as clearly not 30 days worth.

As it is not a controlled substance I don't think he risks worse than confiscation of the amount in excess of 30 days supply, though.

Sheryl can you please confirm what you wrote re Benadryl not controlled.

I believe pharmacies have to record the amounts purchased and by whom. Some pharmacies do not stock it due to these restrictions.

I believe it has something to do with Benadryl being misused.

22 minutes ago, Farma said:

Sheryl can you please confirm what you wrote re Benadryl not controlled.

I believe pharmacies have to record the amounts purchased and by whom. Some pharmacies do not stock it due to these restrictions.

I believe it has something to do with Benadryl being misused.

it is Categiory D, same category as antibiotics etc.

"A first grade pharmacist shall be on duty at the premises selling modern drugs, at all times, while the premises are open for operation. Daily purchase and sale record required."

In practice these conditions are enforced only for selectived Categiory D drugs. Tramadol is one, benadryl my be another.

Ir is not on wither the Narcotics nor Psychotropic drug schedules so defintoiel ynto a controlled drug. There is a difference between being a controlled drug and being Schedule  D (enforced or uninforced). "Controlled" drugs would be schedule S, N2 or N3, P2, P3 or P4.

Doesnt however make any sense to bring it into thailand since not only can it be bought here,  but there are other antihistamins drugs sold over the counter  which are better for sleep than benadryl e.g.  Hydroxyzine (atarax and other brand names, readily sold without prescription or record kept).

Archived