Big Joke: You scratch my back I'll scratch yours. Coffee anyone?

rooster59

Big Joke: You scratch my back I'll scratch yours. Coffee anyone?

1547190245174-960x0.jpg

Image: TNA

Immigration chief Lt Gen Surachate "Big Joke" Hakparn has come up with a new idea to seek the help of foreign embassies and organisations. 

Especially those that do not have formal treaties and extradition agreements with Thailand.

He has held a "Coffee Talk" gathering to woo the foreigners. 

Among the canapes were some delightful "luuk chup" or fake fruit desserts in baskets. 

Big Joke hopes that such treats and gatherings will help with the mutual sharing of information and aid in the arrest of more illegal residents of the kingdom and transnational miscreants.

Dissident Bahraini footballer Hakeem al-Araibi who has been held for more than a month in Thailand was mentioned in the TNA story as being a concern for Surachate. 

International fugitive Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya - wanted in connection with the death of a Thong Lor policeman dragged under his Ferrari in 2012 - was not mentioned in the story.

Thaivisa notes that many expatriate retirees in Thailand will also be hoping that the burning issue of embassies ceasing to issue letters confirming pensions might have been part of the "Coffee Talk".

Source: TNA

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-12

1547190277433.jpg

6 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

International fugitive Vorayuth "Boss" Yoovidhya - wanted in connection with the death of a Thong Lor policeman dragged under his Ferrari in 2012 - was not mentioned in the story.

Of course it wasn’t. This is a show after all. 

8 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Not surprised,we were all supposed to have forgotten about it by now.

regards worgeordie

But at least Big Joke goes about his mission in a farang-like, proactive sort of way. He actually does something every day . . . as his photo album will prove. If Government House were filled with nothing other than Surachate clones, Thailand would be climbing the charts again. I like this guy.

8 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

The farangs all look madly in love with this guy. Great PR!

Assuming they're all staff from foreign embassies as per the text, then there must be a lot of diplomats among them.

I seem to remember the definition of a diplomat:  Someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way you look forward to the journey.

Perhaps they're smiling through diplomatic gritted teeth, knowing that whatever anyone in government here says isn't worth a toss.

Immigration try their own spin on "Coffee Talk" meeting

49793812_743474776008370_3031765230393753600_n.jpg

Image: Thai immigration website

The Thai immigration website put out their own story regarding what they called a "Coffee Talk" meeting between their department's cops and foreign organisations.

The website said that their leader Lt Gen Surachate Hakparn wanted to foster improved cooperation and procedures in matters regarding transnational crime. 

He met with embassies, foreign NGOs and a group they called the Foreign Anti Narcotic Crime community of Thailand (FANC). 

Surachate and other high ranking officers were pictured on the site with many smiling foreigners at the "Coffee Talk" gathering.

Source: Thai immigration website

thai+visa_news.jpg

49300513_743474942675020_1013307184559161344_n.jpg

49606010_743474852675029_8589009842591498240_n.jpg

49766502_743475099341671_8005557583609856000_n.jpg

50078575_743474759341705_7800998955705171968_n.jpg

50224112_743474859341695_8661770166293495808_n.jpg

Big Joke with big, police standard pod now. Perhaps needs to get around more. But for pity's sake . . . how much lower can the Imm Police get when it comes to flying Thailand's flag? Pathetic.

image.png.2fea4341e6c5626361a613067c1dd1e9.png

Just now, Ossy said:

Big Joke with big pod now. Perhaps needs to get around more. But for pity's sake . . . how much lower can the Imm Police get when it comes to flying Thailand's flag. Pathetic.

Ok, so this is a little glitz and media presentation for what is ultimately a very good idea. 

The building of relationships and sharing of information regarding transnational criminals can only lead to more arrests... Its kind of their job !

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ok, so this is a little glitz and media presentation for what is ultimately a very good idea. 

The building of relationships and sharing of information regarding transnational criminals can only lead to more arrests... Its kind of their job !

Yes, you're absolutely right to see the positives, here. I guess I'm just getting tired of seeing this guy . . . standard police issue pod included, despite his seemingly workmanlike approach that makes such a refreshing change.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Assuming they're all staff from foreign embassies as per the text, then there must be a lot of diplomats among them.

I seem to remember the definition of a diplomat:  Someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way you look forward to the journey.

Perhaps they're smiling through diplomatic gritted teeth, knowing that whatever anyone in government here says isn't worth a toss.

I don't think those blonds belong to any embassy, they even didn't brush their hair and sure didn't wash it for a week.

And faux fruit desserts?? Why no real ones or was that too expensive? What a joke.

2 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I don't think those blonds belong to any embassy, they even didn't brush their hair and sure didn't wash it for a week.

And faux fruit desserts?? Why no real ones or was that too expensive? What a joke.

Perhaps they'd been dragged through a hedge backwards by an irate taxi driver?

Looks like they're recovering from a Full Moon party!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

47 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

Immigration try their own spin on "Coffee Talk" meeting

49793812_743474776008370_3031765230393753600_n.jpg

Image: Thai immigration website

The Thai immigration website put out their own story regarding what they called a "Coffee Talk" meeting between their department's cops and foreign organisations.

The website said that their leader Lt Gen Surachate Hakparn wanted to foster improved cooperation and procedures in matters regarding transnational crime. 

He met with embassies, foreign NGOs and a group they called the Foreign Anti Narcotic Crime community of Thailand (FANC). 

Surachate and other high ranking officers were pictured on the site with many smiling foreigners at the "Coffee Talk" gathering.

Source: Thai immigration website

thai+visa_news.jpg

49300513_743474942675020_1013307184559161344_n.jpg

49606010_743474852675029_8589009842591498240_n.jpg

49766502_743475099341671_8005557583609856000_n.jpg

50078575_743474759341705_7800998955705171968_n.jpg

50224112_743474859341695_8661770166293495808_n.jpg

Who is that scruffy blonde bint in a T shirt and jeans? Next job for Big Joke should be to set a dress code for future gatherings.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

"Assuming they're all staff from foreign embassies"

I think you might be onto something here Blue. I knew I had seen them before!

Look closely  many of these people have posed in front of the cameras for the I left $100,000 on the back seat of the cab and got it back, stories. 

57 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Why do all the people lined up in the room have their hands crossed over their crotches?

They’re trying to give the impression that they’re behaving themselves today and not putting anything in their pockets.

I don't know about you, but I am sick and tired of hearing about 'Big Joke' (silly name), and seeing this publicity narcissist whore hogging the TV headlines day in, day out. For God's sake: shut him up or shut him down! (I no longer bother to read what rubbish he is spouting - it is ultimately all about 'me, me, me' every time anyway).

49 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Perhaps they'd been dragged through a hedge backwards by an irate taxi driver?

As the father of a teenage daughter, I can assure you that is a look which can, literally, take hours to create!

2 hours ago, Ossy said:

If Government House were filled with nothing other than Surachate clones, Thailand would be climbing the charts again. 

Yes, "most instagrammed government", top of the charts. Thais luuurv their photo-ops.

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

Never heard of the back combed frizzed look? What century are you bobbing around in?

2 hours ago, Ossy said:

Big Joke with big, police standard pod now. Perhaps needs to get around more. But for pity's sake . . . how much lower can the Imm Police get when it comes to flying Thailand's flag? Pathetic.

image.png.2fea4341e6c5626361a613067c1dd1e9.png

I'm surprised he didn't just arrest her.

24 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Never heard of the back combed frizzed look? What century are you bobbing around in?

No never heard of that look...i do know the khopangan moonparty backpacker look though and that's what it looks like to me...She could also be one of those vegans who come to Asia to live solely on fruit.

6 hours ago, champers said:

Who is that scruffy blonde bint in a T shirt and jeans? Next job for Big Joke should be to set a dress code for future gatherings.

Probably the top ranking official of them all. If I was the top shot I'd go in there with the traditional Papua New Guinea attire:

1522011242588.jpg

Only low level plebs wear suites or uniforms.

Archived