Woman's airport meltdown: Compatriot says: That's a Thai for you!

rooster59

Woman's airport meltdown: Compatriot says: That's a Thai for you!

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUyNy83NjM5NzIyL2FpcnBvcnQtZnJlYWsuanBn.jpg

Image: Sanook

Sanook reported on a phone video posted to Facebook that featured a Thai woman ranting at an airport. 

The woman was furious that her bag weighing 14.2 kilos was not allowed to be loaded in carry-on.

The limit is 7 kilos. 

She refuses to have it loaded in the hold as she hasn't paid for that and rants about it containing oranges. 

Eventually police are called as the woman continues her airport meltdown. 

The person filming the clip concedes that the woman is indeed Thai, like him.

He appears thoroughly embarrassed. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-12

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like she had 2 bags as well when should only have 1, thing is many thais like to have 2 bags or more  as well as them being over weight. My other problem is the ones that sit at the back of the plane putting their bars in the lockers at the front of the plane so they dont have to carry them so far meaning passengers at the front have no where to put their bags, Saw one hostie tell someone that did it to remove their bag and take it to the back and the passenger had a huge bitch at her, like the op says typical thai

13 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

If they did, would my wife end up in the hold?

I hope for your sake Bluesofa that she does not read this!!

I'd hate for there to be another story along the lines of "Farang bashed over TV post drama"  for me to translate....I need the rest of the weekend off.

Enjoy the weekend. 

Rooster

4 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

I hope for your sake Bluesofa that she does not read this!!

I'd hate for there to be another story along the lines of "Farang bashed over TV post drama"  for me to translate....I need the rest of the weekend off.

Enjoy the weekend. 

Rooster

Thanks!

If does happen, I'll pm you my name, so you won't need to transliterate it and probably end up being misspelt. I'm a bit of a stickler for that.

13 minutes ago, Sealbash said:

What is “Hi-So”?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Ok. Serious answer.

High Society.

Generally adopted by the person in their own mind. 

Most who think they are Hi-So really just think they are so much better than anyone else and expect everyone to 'obey' them.

Heard a story once that describes it and puts the attitude in it's place.

Young guy in the police station being charged with some offence said to the copper 'do you know who my father is?'

Answer that came back was

'ask your mother, she should know'

1 minute ago, Cadbury said:
31 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

If they did, would my wife end up in the hold?

Probably, because it could be a struggle to get her up into the overhead locker particularly if she was uncooperative.

That's just brilliant !

Put the wife in the carry-on baggage and save 1 ticket !

32 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Must not be able to read, there's a big sign next to her that says 7 Kg.

regards worgeordie

As your probably well aware, Thai folks don't read signs or details on documents and don't listen to announcements, and expect everything should be whatever they personally want.

9 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

In this instance, someone who can longer afford to fly with THAI or Bangkok Airways and has just discovered one of the stark, ugly realities of flying with a LCC.

And the handbags and shoes etc are generally Patpong copies.

The perfume can also be big giveaway, usually too much and catches the back of your throat when you get within 5 metres.

14 minutes ago, Sealbash said:

What is “Hi-So”?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It refers to a person who is a member of life's higher society caste society club. You see them daily driving around in 99.9% blacked out merks and BM's and they are convinced that life's rules don't apply to them as they are hi-so. The wannabe patrons of the higher society caste society club are those who come with the title of the not quite so higher society high society caste society club. You'll find these people on golf courses, graft beer bars (where all beers come wrapped in brown paper) and walking around the high society shops like Rimping with their underpaid Burmese slave/hombre buying overpriced strawberries at 800thb to the half dozen. Once their friend/slave has pushed their trolley to the till they'll then demand each of their individual items are double bagged, as their purchases are more important than any other walking thing on this earth, even if it is a Wednesday which all of us in the pasentry castes know that Wednesday is a plastic free day. God and the sweet mother earth, please bless the hi so and privileged castes who campaigned and complained about Rimping not giving out plastic and trying to do a little to stop plastic waste. These people are the true martyrs of today's high/highest society, why does anyone even shop at Rimping for any reason other than to have that status symbol that is the bright orange Rimping bag for all to see? The only bag that's more of a status symbol is the one you get if you've been to a London duty free or 'arrods. You have to purchase something at the duty free so you can get a duty free bag, high society people must then use this bag at all times so everyone knows they've been on a plane and that they've been to London.

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Sanook reported on a phone video posted to Facebook that featured a Thai woman ranting at an airport. 

are they sure she was Thai??? the general said Thais don't rant and don't scam Thais

The Thai airlines weigh my carry-on bag routinely in both Don Muaeng and Chiang Mai airports, but I have noticed they often do not weigh those of Thais and Chinese. Glad to see that baggage restrictions are applied fairly at least some of the time. At 14 kg she was way over the limit. She was probably pissed because she knew that it is really expensive to pay for your check baggage at the airport on the day of departure. 

This clip sees the return of one of my favourite Thai phrases- manut pba - translated loosely as a lady who demands privileges, i.e. expects to jump the queue, will do anything to be served first or have special treatment.

The angry woman complain to the staff that they are Thai like her (the incidence is at Nan airport) so why make such a fuss about a few kilos overweight? 

In response, the guy says the complainant mentions being Thai because Thais don't like to follow laws or regulations!

Not the same as the headline which suggests having a meltdown is a Thai characteristic.

That's a Thai for you would better fit the behaviour of the Thai staff in my view, i.e. patient in the face of an abusive customer.

Anybody see the clip of the US lady going beserk at the airport when her flight was cancelled?

That was a meltdown, starting talking about a gun in her purse, etc.

So nothing to do with her being Thai, just with her being a woman ????

Archived