Woman's airport meltdown: Compatriot says: That's a Thai for you!

rooster59

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats all this jibber-jabber about this being so Thai?

This kind of thing happens everyday in the US. In fact, there was a video just a few days ago from Florida of an American woman going bonkers and trying to jump over the ticket counter in FL, I think.

I was warned about TV being a place where old farang vent their anti-Thai opinions but I didn’t believe a bunch of expats who live here by their own choice could hold so much resentment towards the place.

Aw well, the best thing about Thailand is the freedom to do as you please and be who you are so whatever floats yer boat ????

6 minutes ago, GettingBye said:

This kind of thing happens everyday in the US. In fact, there was a video just a few days ago from Florida of an American woman going bonkers and trying to jump over the ticket counter in FL, I think.

I was warned about TV being a place where old farang vent their anti-Thai opinions but I didn’t believe a bunch of expats who live here by their own choice could hold so much resentment towards the place.

Aw well, the best thing about Thailand is the freedom to do as you please and be who you are so whatever floats yer boat ????

Yep - I'll be off to live somewhere else soon, but by God I'll still be popping in to TV every now and then for a moan. My granddad used to spend all his time writing letters  (remember them?) to the newspapers - but this internet thing is just so much easier.

1 hour ago, bannork said:

This clip sees the return of one of my favourite Thai phrases- manut pba - translated loosely as a lady who demands privileges, i.e. expects to jump the queue, will do anything to be served first or have special treatment.

The angry woman complain to the staff that they are Thai like her (the incidence is at Nan airport) so why make such a fuss about a few kilos overweight? 

In response, the guy says the complainant mentions being Thai because Thais don't like to follow laws or regulations!

Not the same as the headline which suggests having a meltdown is a Thai characteristic.

That's a Thai for you would better fit the behaviour of the Thai staff in my view, i.e. patient in the face of an abusive customer.

Thanks for clarifying this distinction. 

So the old bat expects special privilege not for being hi-so but because she is Thai?

2 minutes ago, GettingBye said:

Thanks for clarifying this distinction. 

So the old bat expects special privilege not for being hi-so but because she is Thai?

I reckon she thinks the staff are being too fussy and can't believe they won't bend the rules. 

She should have listened to Samuel Johnson- patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

11 minutes ago, GettingBye said:

It doesn't really matter who you're bashing, the Thais, the Americans or the bunch of TVF expats..

.. As the saying goes : "a good bashing everyday keeps the doctor at bay ". :tongue:

1 hour ago, ThaiPauly said:

My Thai wife takes loads of carry on luggage when she flies internally including about 5 kilos of curly pork which is very popular in BK but much cheaper in CM, I tell her she won't get away with it...but she always does!!

Beats me!

Seen this one many times before.

Seems to me many folks have the view that you can check-in / carry on almost anything onto a plane, pretty much same as onto a  tour bus.

A couple of years back my Thai nephew was about to fly BKK to Chiang Mai, his uncle sent him a smartphone photo of the largest size can of house paint (actually he wanted 3 cans) he wanted brought to CM, saying it was much cheaper if bought in BKK.

Nephew tried to explain 'I can't check-in things like that onto flight, and it's wouldn't be free'.

His uncle was convinced it was all OK, saying repeatedly 'you can put cans of paint under the tour bus, so why not onto an aircraft'.

1 minute ago, White Christmas13 said:
1 hour ago, mauGR1 said:

That's just brilliant !

Put the wife in the carry-on baggage and save 1 ticket !

Does she only weigh 7KG?????

Most likely more than that, but it would make for a funny video.

6 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

It doesn't really matter who you're bashing, the Thais, the Americans or the bunch of TVF expats..

.. As the saying goes : "a good bashing everyday keeps the doctor at bay ". :tongue:

That's what I tell my Bishop !

26 minutes ago, robsamui said:

Yep - I'll be off to live somewhere else soon, but by God I'll still be popping in to TV every now and then for a moan. My granddad used to spend all his time writing letters  (remember them?) to the newspapers - but this internet thing is just so much easier.

Not Mr Angry of Mayfair a la Kenny Everett?

images (55).jpeg

15 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:
2 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

That's just brilliant !

Put the wife in the carry-on baggage and save 1 ticket !

Does she only weigh 7KG?????

Only when she's been dehydrated. At the destination, I just add water to reconstitute.

2 hours ago, seajae said:

looks like she had 2 bags as well when should only have 1, thing is many thais like to have 2 bags or more  as well as them being over weight. My other problem is the ones that sit at the back of the plane putting their bars in the lockers at the front of the plane so they dont have to carry them so far meaning passengers at the front have no where to put their bags, Saw one hostie tell someone that did it to remove their bag and take it to the back and the passenger had a huge bitch at her, like the op says typical thai

I thought air lines had stopped that practice? Used to see it a lot in Europe with people flying at the back even putting their bags in the larger Business Class overheads. Saw a group of Indians do that on a Lufhansa flight. The stewardesses removed them and put them in the gangway. Asked those who the bags belonged to collect them and store near their seats.

I've seen several people open an overhead above their seat and find it full and then call a crew member who made the owners relocate them. 

Most airlines do enforce the rules for carry-ons now - but Thais always think the rules don't apply to them. 

2 hours ago, seajae said:

looks like she had 2 bags as well when should only have 1, thing is many thais like to have 2 bags or more  as well as them being over weight. My other problem is the ones that sit at the back of the plane putting their bars in the lockers at the front of the plane so they dont have to carry them so far meaning passengers at the front have no where to put their bags, Saw one hostie tell someone that did it to remove their bag and take it to the back and the passenger had a huge bitch at her, like the op says typical thai

All part of the "me first" mentality!

Archived