Please, please Big Joke help me! I've lost all my money

rooster59

1-76.jpg

Image: INN

A Thai woman is the latest person to appeal to Immigration chief Surachate "Big Joke" Hakparn after losing her money in a Ponzi scheme. 

Noonaa (field rat) - an assumed name - said she got stung for 500,000 baht after joining the scheme based around a Facebook group in Melbourne, said INN. 

High interest rates were offered before she lost her investment. She blamed a Sydney based Thai woman aged just 27 and other Thais. 

She said there were 100 victims and losses were 30 million baht. 

Thaivisa notes that the appeal to Surachate - who is seen as a kind of savior for the Thai people - was made via the Thai tech police.

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-01-12

doesnt matter how often this type of thing happens and is reported in the papers, when thais see BIG INTEREST listed they immediately give them all their money, greed is hard to remove or subdue in thais. We are seeing this sort of thing reported a lot more these days yet they still do it, no sympathy for the idiots that simply believe what they read or are told and then cant get their minds past the dollar signs, really have to wonder at the mentality of these people

farang no better, when they see  adverts saying put 2 million baht down for a condo on a bit of waste ground and in 9 months after the build you can sell for 3 million, the building company have no capital whatsoever they are using the deposits for the build, then as we know no build come out on budget, builder goes bust does a runner, and poor farang who is only thinking of making a killing ends up with jack shit.NEVER EVER BUY OFF PLAN  PERIOD

"Noonaa (field rat) - an assumed name" joking ,right.

Offered high interest rates,and did not smell a rat,

On Facebook !,if I was of the criminal bent,I would

be conning Thai's too,it's seems so easy,EVEN after

all the other cases that seem to pop up weekly.

regards worgeordie

6 minutes ago, akirasan said:

No problem, just sit around and wait for a taxi driver to return it. 

Nah, that's reserved for ferang recipients, Thais are not allowed to participate. Must be the only 'perk' ferangs get.

8 hours ago, mercman24 said:

farang no better, when they see  adverts saying put 2 million baht down for a condo on a bit of waste ground and in 9 months after the build you can sell for 3 million, the building company have no capital whatsoever they are using the deposits for the build, then as we know no build come out on budget, builder goes bust does a runner, and poor farang who is only thinking of making a killing ends up with jack shit.NEVER EVER BUY OFF PLAN  PERIOD

I met a guy thru a friend that is out 10Million in the Savannah Sands Project, Jom Tien, anyone know if it will even start up again??  He has since left country for South America but has a lawyer working the issue.

Don't these ponzi schemes (pyramid) normally involve recruiting other mugs into the scheme?

I'm wondering how many people this woman encouraged to join, so that she would get her unearned profit.

Yes, of course, the original organisers are criminal shysters, but so are all the "investors" - all the way down the line - until the pyramid collapses.

1 hour ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I met a guy thru a friend that is out 10Million in the Savannah Sands Project, Jom Tien, anyone know if it will even start up again??  He has since left country for South America but has a lawyer working the issue.

Lawyer will get a new Merc out of that one.

Archived