Big Joke orders airport upgrade: Premium Lane will henceforth be known as "Fast Track"

rooster59

Who qualify s for the Fast Track Lane and how do they know that they qualify ?

Business class, First Class, some top levels of frequent flyer programs (such as Bangkok Airways Flyerbonus Premier), and from what I hear, all 70 yrs/old and over flyers, no matter which class, airline or flyer program. Most people already know they qualify, you get a card at check in, but for those over 70, I suggest just asking when checking in for flight.

Oh God: does it NEVER END with this wretched fool, 'Big Joke'? Day after day after day - articles about, and photos of, this Biggest Narcissist Joke.  I don't think I can take much more of it!! He's invading every aspect and every hour of our lives!!!

11 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Oh God: does it NEVER END with this wretched fool, 'Big Joke'? I don't think I can take much more of it!! He's invading every aspect and every hour of our lives!!!

He's renamed the "Premium Lane" at an airport to be "Fast Track". And you clicked on an article about it.  That's invading your life??  Every hour of it??

Would you like to be a little more melodramatic?

The allowance of non premium pax defeats the purpose. Keep the non premium pax infirm, elderly, pregnant, aged with the regular pax, but do what other countries do and that is to have a quick processing line.

The premium line from BKK has 1-2 security scanning lines and that's a bottleneck when someone in a wheelchair passes through. It's a good 5 minute wait while they do the processing. The regular  line has multiple  security scanners so the  bottleneck is addressed.  In any case, most 70 year olds are as fit as 50 year old, so I don't understand why they need the complimentary fast track.

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

The allowance of non premium pax defeats the purpose. Keep the non premium pax infirm, elderly, pregnant, aged with the regular pax, but do what other countries do and that is to have a quick processing line.

The premium line from BKK has 1-2 security scanning lines and that's a bottleneck when someone in a wheelchair passes through. It's a good 5 minute wait while they do the processing. The regular  line has multiple  security scanners so the  bottleneck is addressed.  In any case, most 70 year olds are as fit as 50 year old, so I don't understand why they need the complimentary fast track.

What about the others outside of the 'most 70 year olds?'

20 hours ago, overherebc said:

Quite a few chinese obviously mis-translate the sign for the over 70's lane.

Being over 70 I have my own fast-track lane.  On my last visit I was through Immigration within 10 minutes of leaving the taxi.

2 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Being over 70 I have my own fast-track lane.  On my last visit I was through Immigration within 10 minutes of leaving the taxi.

I always use over 70 or business class, just pick the shortest of the two but you sometimes get some obviously well under 70 trying to use it.

11 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Most 70yr olds are as fit as 50yr olds.most 70yr old have worked a hard life before the idea of health and safety idea at work was even born.i was a bricklayer and im 56yrs old but I can tell you now I don't feel like a 36yr old.out of curiosity i looked up the average age a male lives for and it came up with 68.4 yrs.so reaching 70yrs is lucky in my book but in your book people of 90 are as fit as a 70yr old and then be able to qualify for fast track.no two people age the same believe it or not.obviously you fast track and don't like the thought of 70yr olds having complimentary fast track.

22 minutes ago, happy chappie said:
12 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Most 70yr olds are as fit as 50yr olds.most 70yr old have worked a hard life before the idea of health and safety idea at work was even born.i was a bricklayer and im 56yrs old but I can tell you now I don't feel like a 36yr old.out of curiosity i looked up the average age a male lives for and it came up with 68.4 yrs.so reaching 70yrs is lucky in my book but in your book people of 90 are as fit as a 70yr old and then be able to qualify for fast track.no two people age the same believe it or not.obviously you fast track and don't like the thought of 70yr olds having complimentary fast track.

Nope... that's not what he said...  He wrote 'Most 70 year olds are as fit as a 50 year old'....

He mentioned nothing of 90 year olds... you have distorted a point to suit your needs. 

Personally, the system could be organized a little better... A separate lane for the Pregnant, those traveling with young kids, and the old... 70 is a reasonable cut off IMO...

There 'could be' a handful of useful options: 

Regular lane - All Arrivals.

E-Lane - Regular arrivals where regular visitors can apply for and use e-gates

Special Assistance lane - Elderly, infirm, Pregnant, Parents traveling with kids

Fast Track - for Business Class, First Class and those who've paid for Fast Track Services. 

Given the amount of Chinese arriving a it would reduce the Chaos to  have a special 'group' lane (maybe they do already, I've never actually been through the regular immigration lane).

Regardless.... there needs to be improvement, I see collossal queue's the majority of time I pass through immigration - it simply needs more desks and some manner of improved faster processing, as some said, the Immigration officer does not need to flick through every page of the passport examining every stamp when the computer has all the details... 

13 minutes ago, swampdonkey said:
14 hours ago, cracker1 said:
Who qualify s for the Fast Track Lane and how do they know that they qualify ?

You get a fancy piece of paper from the airline that says your are allowed to use the lane when flying business class

Aren't they for sale on Khao San Road - 50 Baht for ten?

<Sarcasm alert for the hard-of-learning>

I think they got confused themselves..
3 weeks ago I arrived at Suvarnabhumi and I flew Thai business. As always I went to the Premium lane and they refused me and told I had to take the fast track which is next to the other immigration rows. I asked why the Premium lane was for and they explained me this is for diplomats, BOI etc..
So I showed my BOI papers and this was ok but they didn’t let my wife pass.
A bunch of very unfriendly cattle drivers they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 1/13/2019 at 8:19 AM, overherebc said:

I always use over 70 or business class, just pick the shortest of the two but you sometimes get some obviously well under 70 trying to use it.

Agreed - I saw two men in their thirties (of African appearance) using this lane; seemingly with impunity.

6 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Agreed - I saw two men in their thirties (of African appearance) using this lane; seemingly with impunity.

Just join the queue in front of them.

With them it's easy. Point to the sign, they won't do/say anything and might actually be sent to the proper lane if the IO sees you do it.

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope... that's not what he said...  He wrote 'Most 70 year olds are as fit as a 50 year old'....

He mentioned nothing of 90 year olds... you have distorted a point to suit your needs. 

Personally, the system could be organized a little better... A separate lane for the Pregnant, those traveling with young kids, and the old... 70 is a reasonable cut off IMO...

There 'could be' a handful of useful options: 

Regular lane - All Arrivals.

E-Lane - Regular arrivals where regular visitors can apply for and use e-gates

Special Assistance lane - Elderly, infirm, Pregnant, Parents traveling with kids

Fast Track - for Business Class, First Class and those who've paid for Fast Track Services. 

Given the amount of Chinese arriving a it would reduce the Chaos to  have a special 'group' lane (maybe they do already, I've never actually been through the regular immigration lane).

Regardless.... there needs to be improvement, I see collossal queue's the majority of time I pass through immigration - it simply needs more desks and some manner of improved faster processing, as some said, the Immigration officer does not need to flick through every page of the passport examining every stamp when the computer has all the details... 

I was just pointing out that in his post most 70yr olds are not as fit as 50yr olds.do you think your as fit as you were 20yrs ago? And if you do then can you let me into the secret of youth.

Archived