Three teens killed, three others injured in Roi Et road accident

rooster59

Three teens killed, three others injured in Roi Et road accident

By The Nation

Police are searching for a senior policeman in Roi Et after his car hit two motorcycles and killed three teenagers and injured three others in Thawat Bur district early on Saturday.

Pol Lt Col Somsak Ketpibul, deputy commander of Thawat Buri police said the accident happened on the district bypass road in front of the Piyabodin housing estate.

Somsak said the senior officer's black BMW hit two motorcycles that were driving against traffic and each motorcycle had two pillion riders.

He said a 14-year-old girl and two 14-year-old boys died at the Roi Et Hospital while three other teenagers were severely injured.

He said the driver of the BMW fled the scene.

Somsak said the BMW car belongs to a senior police officer in Roi Et. He declined to identify the officer pending a summons for questioning and formal charges.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30362115

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-01-12

9 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

the BMW car belongs to a senior police officer

Too rich, too powerful for jail. The police and courts trying to save face with a summons for questioning. Expect this to be swept under the carpet.

R.I.P. .... Life is very cheap in the Land of Smiles. But keep smiling.

sorry , but thats what ya get for riding against traffic i see this every day, thais once again too dam lazy to do it properly, i can go out now and on the road to Wat Yai, gaurantee i will see scooter riders riding against traffic. too lazy to go 50 yards, cross the railway tracks and ride on the proper side of the road

9 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

sorry , but thats what ya get for riding against traffic i see this every day, thais once again too dam lazy to do it properly, i can go out now and on the road to Wat Yai, gaurantee i will see scooter riders riding against traffic. too lazy to go 50 yards, cross the railway tracks and ride on the proper side of the road

I agree that in many cases that motorcyclists are the architect of their own demise, whenever I driver I invariably 'save' a motorcyclist from injury as they cut me up and squeeze at speed through the slightest of gaps...

... I wonder if booze was involved?.... the whole acceptance towards 'fleeing the scene' here is abominable, those who do really ought to be charged with the most extreme penalty as in all probability they were drunk and caused the accident, otherwise, why flee the scene... (unless in cases where your own safety is at risk).

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Where did you get 'riding against' traffic from?

I agree that in many cases that motorcyclists are the architect of their own demise, whenever I driver I invariably 'save' a motorcyclist from injury as they cut me up and squeeze at speed through the slightest of gaps...

In this case the cause is unknown... I wonder if booze was involved? Nevertheless, the whole acceptance towards 'fleeing the scene' here is abominable, those who do really ought to be charged with the most extreme penalty as in all probability they were drunk and caused the accident. 

Third paragraph:

"Somsak said the senior officer's black BMW hit two motorcycles that were driving against traffic and each motorcycle had two pillion riders."

Paragraphs 1,2 and 3 each containing only 2 lines.

4 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Third paragraph:

"Somsak said the senior officer's black BMW hit two motorcycles that were driving against traffic and each motorcycle had two pillion riders."

Paragraphs 1,2 and 3 each containing only 2 lines.

Yep... Trigger error... somehow I completely missed that when reading the post - a dash of 'cerebral flatulence'... 

why did a senior police officer leave the scene of this carnage - my guess is that he was heavily intoxicated in fact that is the only reason  I can think of 

he should be sacked and prosecuted whatever max serious charges they can find

I have zero sympathy for those who don’t comply with the rules of the road incl leaving the scene of accident 

can definately use as a teaching tool but since proper education and training is lacking here, no lesson learned for the benefit of others...

too bad gov can’t get the shit together and manage DMV in a cause-effect manner

I assume “early on Saturday” means in the middle of the night. So a bunch of 14 year olds are illegally riding motorcycles against the traffic when they run into a drunk cop. Cop knows the score, so he lies low until the alcohol is gone. After that, he’ll get a pass.

Another day in Thailand’s Wacky Races.

3 hours ago, mercman24 said:

Agreed that they were in the wrong for going against the flow of traffic, but, a senior policeman fleeing the scene of the accident is appalling, considering he wasn't to blame !!

What kind of statement does that send out to the public in general?

39 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Agreed that they were in the wrong for going against the flow of traffic, but, a senior policeman fleeing the scene of the accident is appalling, considering he wasn't to blame !!

What kind of statement does that send out to the public in general?

I think the public would expect nothing less, as they are such an honourable and trustworthy bunch ????
But no-one has yet proved that the senior policeman was actually driving the car. That might be proved down the line - or it might not, depending on his rank.

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

... I wonder if booze was involved?.... the whole acceptance towards 'fleeing the scene' here is abominable, those who do really ought to be charged with the most extreme penalty as in all probability they were drunk and caused the accident, otherwise, why flee the scene... (unless in cases where your own safety is at risk).

Could depend on who is in car with you? 

Archived