Get Trusted Thai Friend To Buy Motorbike For Me?

On 1/12/2019 at 5:01 PM, OliverKlozerof said:

Can't blame you for not seeing my other threads.... Here in BKK you have to wait several months for an appointment to get a motorbike license at any of the 5 DLTs here. (Only 5 DLTs for the millions that live here.) I was told by several that outside of BKK you can get one in a day (or two). Considered temporarily moving outside of BKK, but looks like I won't do that. Another guy said if you take a course at a place like Honda Safety Center, you can then fast track through DLT. But HSC also has several month wait. Ergo....

There is no need to move residence to use a DLT office anywhere. You do not need to use any specific office to renew so I think that this will also apply to taking the required tests and getting your 1st licence. I suggest you research which offices are not foreign hostile (some are) then visit with your embassy issued residence certificate and ask.

21 hours ago, nahkit said:

When I bought my 150 click a few months ago the Honda dealer told me that the only insurance available for small bikes was for theft only. Does the company you linked to provide more than that? I have clicked on the link you provided but it doesn't give any specific information regarding motorcycles.  

You were given incorrect information. SWMBO got 1st class insurance with her small bike though the cost to renew it is about 10% of the original purchase price.

4 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You were given incorrect information. SWMBO got 1st class insurance with her small bike though the cost to renew it is about 10% of the original purchase price.

Thanks, can you give me the name of the company please?

Archived