BANGKOK 17 February 2019 15:10
4MyEgo

Corruption or not corruption

38 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I would can it a paid favor. If he had to to pay to have the photos printed it would of been covered with what you gave him.

I the 24 hours after arrival at your residence is to report your presence at your residence using the TM30 for and has nothing to to with 90 day reporting. If you stayed in hotels before arriving at your residence they should do the report online and would be responsible for it not being done. You could show hotel receipts to prove you had not returned home yet.

It is not clear from the OP if he received the 'under consideration stamp' before leaving immigration, assuming applying for 1 year extension

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Depends on your definition of corruption

Imho this is one type of corruption, you got a favor from somebody in an official position for giving this person a personal benefit.

Every IO I have attended requires photos supplied by the applicant to be self certified by the applicant

• Like 1

Maybe it is corrupt; however, consider the alternative. Being screwed around for hours or days until the ducks are all in a neat row.

I finished up having to pay an Australian migration agent $1200 (AUD) to get a tourist visa for my Thai GF to go to Australia on holiday. Everything was legal, but it was also much more expensive than anything I've paid in Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I would can it a paid favor. If he had to to pay to have the photos printed it would of been covered with what you gave him.

I the 24 hours after arrival at your residence is to report your presence at your residence using the TM30 for and has nothing to to with 90 day reporting. If you stayed in hotels before arriving at your residence they should do the report online and would be responsible for it not being done. You could show hotel receipts to prove you had not returned home yet.

Agreed, a favor.

I might have ballsed the 90 day thing up, meaning he said when I re-enter the country on a re-entry visa, I have to notify them 24 hours after I arrive. So, ok, that's 24 hours after I get home, and take receipts of hotel, that's good to know, thanks Joe.

Edited by 4MyEgo

1 hour ago, cleopatra2 said:

It is not clear from the OP if he received the 'under consideration stamp' before leaving immigration, assuming applying for 1 year extension

No stamp in my passport, just another 90 day white piece of paper stapled into my passport, although I have been advised to return on the 1st March, assuming for the extension stamp.

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You should of gotten the under consideration stamp with a report back date on it.

Did you pay the 1900 fee for the extension? When does your current extension end?

Your on the ball Joe, just checked the passport with my wife for a 3rd time, and we found it, it was towards the back, away from all the other stamped pages.

I did pay 1,900 baht and received a receipt.

The current extension ends 31 January, and he has dated my old 90 slip which expired 18 November 2018 with a yellow highlighter at the top and put 1 March on it and some writing in Thai, translated by my wife advising me that it says, "waiting for the result".

I re-entered the country on 27 October 2018, so I suppose that I have till 1 March and don't need a white slip ? 

• Like 2

That's "tea money" for a favor - fee for service, since those photos completed a legit application.

"Corruption" usually involves payments of 15K Baht or more - usually via an agent (though not always) - and is often in one of two contexts:

• You have everything required, and they make up bs-reasons to deny your application
  • You literally don't qualify, and they take payment to let you have an extension, anyway.
Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 2