Jump to content
BANGKOK 20 February 2019 12:15

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Sipi i think your crazy giving anybody your wi-fi password.

We used to have many teenagers and others hanging around outside our gate, at first i could not understand why, then the penny dropped, my wife had given our password to her nephew, now all and sundry had it, sometimes i could not use my own computer as the system was overloaded.

Recently we upgraded, when the men came to do it, i was home alone, i gave them the new password, they set things up, i gave them my wifes laptop, and tablet, wife  comes home uses her tablet, very happy, but does not know the password, family/ village ha-ha, now nobody outside the gate, yes i am a selfish old bar steward.:cheesy::cheesy:

Hey Colin thanks for your reply.  POTY and all that lol.

I haven't bothered reading the other replies because I am busy and I don't know those people.  However we have been friends for years. 

The only other person who I have connected to my Wi-Fi is the local pu-yai-bahn. Of course you know what that is but the others obviously don't. 

I have known him since he was in nappies. I saw him do his monk ordination and military service. He isn't going to deface the king or some other delusional fantasy. 

He uses my Wi-Fi to do business with the local amphur and some other stuff. 

I don't use my 300mb per day watching YouTube so he is more than welcome to use it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Regularly,

but I was just thinking that he (or family) might order stuff on the internet using an IP/True address that could be traced back to you.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol.

I was going to reply with the "do I look like I give a f."

But your reply is gentlemanly.

Nup, all good thanks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lol.
I was going to reply with the "do I look like I give a f."
But your reply is gentlemanly.
Nup, all good thanks. 

No worries. If you don’t give a f, why ask here????

I have read every reply and to date (I think) every reply suggests that it’s not a good idea. I think people are more concerned that others might also get hold of your password/WiFi. I would suggest changing your password and then tell your mate (village head) not to tell anyone else the code.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 12:06 AM, DILLIGAD said:


No worries. If you don’t give a f, why ask here????

I have read every reply and to date (I think) every reply suggests that it’s not a good idea. I think people are more concerned that others might also get hold of your password/WiFi. I would suggest changing your password and then tell your mate (village head) not to tell anyone else the code.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He doesn't have my password. No-one has my password. 

Will leave it at that. 

Thanks for an honest reply. 

Edit.. 

"why ask here" (followed by a handful of question marks).

I didn't ask anything. My OP doesn't have a question mark. 

The village chief uses my secured Wi-Fi and I get treated well. 

Two way street. 

Anyway gotta run,  he has invited us for dinner. 

Edited by sipi
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



He doesn't have my password. No-one has my password. 

The village chief uses my secured Wi-Fi


Secured as in a "guest network" that only has access to the net and not your local LAN ?? still he could give out the password to all and sundry who may use it for nefarious means...or just xxxx vids
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, johng said:


 

 


Secured as in a "guest network" that only has access to the net and not your local LAN ?? still he could give out the password to all and sundry who may use it for nefarious means...or just xxxx vids emoji39.png

 

Jesus it is a palm held portable prepaid modem with 300 mb per day at 300 baht per month. 

He can either get 20 mins of porn or more than enough data to help the village. 

Up to him but I am guessing the latter.

Edit again.  And he doesn't have the password, in explaination for the slower posters. 

IMG-20181222-064209.jpg

Edited by sipi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Jesus it is a palm held portable prepaid modem with 300 mb per day at 300 baht per month. 
He can either get 20 mins of porn or more than enough data to help the village. 
Up to him but I am guessing the latter.


Well ok then. But you didn't mention the pertinent facts in the first place....and he could still give out the password to "someone" (or be hacked unlikely yes)
who might use it for no good...but you trust him so ok "upto you"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, johng said:


 

 


Well ok then. But you didn't mention the pertinent facts in the first place....and he could still give out the password to "someone" (or be hacked unlikely yes)
who might use it for no good...but you trust him so ok "upto you" emoji106.png

 

Crap.

Read The OP.

Next... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh damn. 

And this is the part where I apologise. 

My original OP was wrong. 

No,  I didn't give him my password. That was a mistake. 

I hooked him up to my Wi-Fi myself.  He doesn't have my password. 

Ok. Thanks for the concerned replies ( and messages...Colin)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok.  So  I gave Ung access to my secured Wi-Fi and now I am his favorite farang. 

Might be worth consideration in your village. 

Goodnight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 4:13 PM, sipi said:

Hey Colin thanks for your reply.  POTY and all that lol.

I haven't bothered reading the other replies because I am busy and I don't know those people.  However we have been friends for years. 

The only other person who I have connected to my Wi-Fi is the local pu-yai-bahn. Of course you know what that is but the others obviously don't. 

I have known him since he was in nappies. I saw him do his monk ordination and military service. He isn't going to deface the king or some other delusional fantasy. 

He uses my Wi-Fi to do business with the local amphur and some other stuff. 

I don't use my 300mb per day watching YouTube so he is more than welcome to use it. 

If you only have 300mb, that is milli bits,  then it isn't worth YOU having internet. I think you mean 300Mb/sec, mega bits per second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sipi said:

He doesn't have my password. No-one has my password. 

Will leave it at that. 

Thanks for an honest reply. 

Edit.. 

"why ask here" (followed by a handful of question marks).

I didn't ask anything. My OP doesn't have a question mark. 

The village chief uses my secured Wi-Fi and I get treated well. 

Two way street. 

Anyway gotta run,  he has invited us for dinner. 

If he doesn't have your password, how does he access your wifi? Enjoy the dinner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

If you only have 300mb, that is milli bits,  then it isn't worth YOU having internet. I think you mean 300Mb/sec, mega bits per second.

data not speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...