BANGKOK
Genericnic

CM air pollution not so bad

My friend is in Beijing this evening and just sent me the current AQI. I've seen it really bad in Chiang Mai but nothing close to this and not in Bangkok either. Something to keep in mind and be thankful for in the upcoming burning season.

David IMG-20190112-WA0000.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I normally go south to the seaside during March.

john

Like every years, I’m ready to run from Chiang Mai at the moment the pollution’s levels grow up, and spend my time in some place of the coast’s beaches.

Nothing to do in CM ...changue of scenery.

All Whiners, Snivelers and Complainers should be packed up and on their way to Antarctica.

All over the world - air, water, soil pollution increasing.

Get over it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

All Whiners, Snivelers and Complainers should be packed up and on their way to Antarctica.

All over the world - air, water, soil pollution increasing.

Get over it.

Funny, every time there is pollution problem here I check a map of Toronto - the most polluted city in Canada. Yesterday it was 5, today a little higher. So maybe stop posting nonsense and I'll move out when I please.

Imtdanp.jpg

image.png

• Thanks 2

Reminds me of when I was bemoaning the traffic congestion in Chiang Mai a few years ago, a Thai tried easing my concern with, "It's not as bad as the traffic in Bangkok."  I felt much better hearing that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

So maybe stop posting nonsense and I'll move out when I please.

I gotta get a new map - did not know Toronto was in LOS.

Don't forget your long johns 555

6 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

I gotta get a new map - did not know Toronto was in LOS.

Don't forget your long johns 555

And Beijing is not in Thailand, but nothing worry, you really outsmarted me with your post.

555?

Such a rich Thai vocabulary. You must fit great with the locals. Bought a buffalo yet?

Owned! 

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The astonishing aspect of all of this, is that Thailand is one of the few nations, that is still promoting diesel vehicles. Most of the world is discouraging diesel. It is not worth the environmental devastation. If you walk into any BMW dealership, most of the cars on the floor area are diesel. It seems inane to me. 

Also, two things to consider about the post. One is that Beijing is a poor comparison, being one of the most consistently filthy cities on earth, when it comes to the air quality. And two, is that China is perhaps the most progressive nation on earth, at this moment in time, when it comes to the aggressive pursuit of alternative forms of energy. One can easily argue they do not have a choice. But, at least there is effort being made. Can the same be said for Thailand? 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1