BANGKOK
newkidintown

bringing or shipping medications to Thailand

8 hours ago, newkidintown said:

Thanks NCC1701A   I should have clarified that the meds are for my wife  who is a Thai living in Thailand...are there any allowances for Thais?

i don't know.

i think at some point this becomes a "importing something into the country issue", not just about medication. you could try to import one months worth at a time by mail. as long as it is not restricted. 

30 days is bull#&*#.
It is however the law.

In practice they do not udually count out numbers of tablets and as ling as it looks consistent with short term personal use (and is not a controlled substance) they don't much care.

This is re taking in meds with you in accompanied baggage. OP however is asking about having them mailed to him after he is here.

Legally cannot do that, to import pharmaceuticals of any type requires an FDA license which only licensed oharmacies, hospitals erc can obtain.

In practice custons will usually (but not always) allow through small quantities if sent by regular mail. Sent by courier will almost always result in problems.

OP depending on what the meds are theymay be available here in an inexpensive local brand sold without prescription.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thanks NCC1701A   I should have clarified that the meds are for my wife  who is a Thai living in Thailand...are there any allowances for Thais?

No. If anything customs would be more likely to enforce the law against import of meds literally for a Thai. It is technically illegal for any private citizen but when quantities are small and recipient a foreigner, they often look the other way. As a Thai citizen she is eligible for free medical care here including meds. So no reason to be receiving it from abroad.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app