SURVEY: Build the Wall -- Yes or No?

Scott

SURVEY: Build the Wall -- Yes or No?  

437 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

That was kind as my math is terrible. I think even you get my point. What it actually means, of course, is that 57% are not concerned with what the experts, on the ground, say as they think they know better sitting in Thailand sipping their Chang.

Just listened to an officer, at the border from the Phoenix field office stating clearling that the influx of drugs is coming though the existing ports of entry. Resources to improve interdiction are more need than desert walls.......

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Just listened to an officer, at the border from the Phoenix field office stating clearling that the influx of drugs is coming though the existing ports of entry. Resources to improve interdiction are more need than desert walls.......

There is a lot more to it than just this.  The existing ports of entry also need to be updated with better security measures.  I read your other post, and I strongly disagree with you on the wall.  I have personally seen, experienced, and dealt what has crossed the southern border illegally.  Have you?  If yes, in what capacity please?  I carried a gun for the government.

I like a wall ,IMOP

The mayor of McAllen .TX( border town) Jim Darling neither lib or Con said ,There is no need for a wall and that Ports of Entry's should be strengthen .He believes in his town natural border ,the river. He also said he is against Illegal Imm. 

https://truthout.org/articles/mayor-of-texas-border-town-trumps-wall-is-pointless/

Being partly Scottish he is thinking that this wall will mortalize his name for many millenniums to come like the wall built to keep the Scott's out of civilized Europe and still bares the name of the Roman Emperor who commissioned it's building to this day. 

19 minutes ago, stevenl said:

"The problem is the politicians and our far left liberal courts that do not follow the laws as the are supposed too.  And we have a very corrupt fake media that does not report the truths. "

The problem is you have a very distorted view of reality.

I think the problem is Google. When you google the word idiot, the top results are pictures of Trump. ????

http://fortune.com/2018/12/12/googles-ceo-had-to-explain-to-congress-why-searching-for-idiot-shows-donald-trump/

3 hours ago, jvs said:

Is it so hard for you to understand a wall is not the answer?

Then what's the answer? I admit it won't stop all of them but it's a deterrent. Eliminating the jobs they come for would be my first choice but that isn't going to happen.

1 minute ago, ross163103 said:

Then what's the answer? I admit it won't stop all of them but it's a deterrent. Eliminating the jobs they come for would be my first choice but that isn't going to happen.

Walls work fantastically in prisons.  They work wonderfully around your home.  Imagine a world without walls; you might as well put a cot in a bus station.

7 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

All of them? Please look at statistics of this perceived problem.

4 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

Walls work fantastically in prisons.  They work wonderfully around your home.  Imagine a world without walls; you might as well put a cot in a bus station.

How well do you think those walls would work without armed guards and lots of them? You think that's feasible? And houses are inhabited and usually in areas where there are lots of other houses and people. So once you get over the wall, you've still got to break into the house. And people trying to get over the border aren't breaking into a structure. If there's a wall, they're going to climb over it. The walls on a house aren't designed to keep people from crossing over the roof, are they? 

2 hours ago, bristolboy said:

People who don't trust opinion polls say that the only polls that count are elections. The Republicans ran their midterm campaign based on the threat posed by illegal immigration. How did that work out?

Picked up houses in the Senate, and lost a bunch of seats in the House of Representatives. not exactly a landslide either way. I am not one to distrust opinion polls (I just want to see what exactly what question was asked) but when you ask a question that is not being proposed or wanted by anyone, don't be surprised if the poll results differ from reality.

"A vast majority of American voter believe that the United States is facing a "crisis" or a "problem" on the southern border, according to a new poll by Politico and Morning Consult.  {Politico is not exactly a "right wing" organization by any measure} While less than half of those surveyed (42 percent) agree with President Trump's assertion that the border is in "crisis," another 37 percent concede that there is a "problem"-meaning 79 percent of voters believe the situation at the border is a serious issue. Only 12 percent of voters polled said that the situation at the border is neither a crisis nor a problem." I have seen polls where close to 12 percent of Americans think that Elvis Presley is still alive, so the 79% number that the believe there is a problem at the southern border is about as high a percentage that you are likely to ever get in a poll on most any topic.

Forget every other argument and consider (only) the massive amount of damage done to wildlife and the environment.

For this reason alone there should be no wall construction. BTW, I am pleased with the vote count for no wall.

56 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Picked up houses in the Senate, and lost a bunch of seats in the House of Representatives. not exactly a landslide either way. I am not one to distrust opinion polls (I just want to see what exactly what question was asked) but when you ask a question that is not being proposed or wanted by anyone, don't be surprised if the poll results differ from reality.

"A vast majority of American voter believe that the United States is facing a "crisis" or a "problem" on the southern border, according to a new poll by Politico and Morning Consult.  {Politico is not exactly a "right wing" organization by any measure} While less than half of those surveyed (42 percent) agree with President Trump's assertion that the border is in "crisis," another 37 percent concede that there is a "problem"-meaning 79 percent of voters believe the situation at the border is a serious issue. Only 12 percent of voters polled said that the situation at the border is neither a crisis nor a problem." I have seen polls where close to 12 percent of Americans think that Elvis Presley is still alive, so the 79% number that the believe there is a problem at the southern border is about as high a percentage that you are likely to ever get in a poll on most any topic.

Also democrats agree there should be more done to border security, hence in their proposals they have allocated more money for that.

So what is your point?

2 hours ago, JMSIII said:

Sir, you don't know what you are talking about.  In sanctuary cities, the police are restricted from asking the normal information gathering questions.  Yes, they literally cannot do the job they are sworn to do!  What the gentlemen writes is very truthful and accurate.  Trust me, our police want to do the job they are sworn to do.  Some sanitary cities, ICE is not allowed to enter city limits to do their job. The problem is the politicians and our far left liberal courts that do not follow the laws as the are supposed too.  And we have a very corrupt fake media that does not report the truths.  This includes Google and YouTube, google has admitted last year that they alter the search results in certain searches.  Google is part of the deep state.  One last thing, I carried a gun for almost 20 years for the government.  It's very frustrating when you cannot do your job, and the illegals know you can't do it!

So you are telling me that the police are ordered to do nothing when they see people dealing openly?

This survey is too much like the real world....

Currently sitting at 63% no and 37% yes. But the very vocal minority really likes to hear their own voices... over and over and over again. The minority is just soooo afraid. Their responses certainly leave no doubt which side displays traditional American wherewithal and which side needs boss-daddy and BIG government to come to their rescue and coddle their fears in a nice snug wall...

Do y'all need to be tucked in and have mommy check under yer beds for illegals too?

So much winning.

7 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Apparently not. That's why the Royal Navy have been tasked to support the Border force's marine operations.

It is to be hoped that after Brexit, France will expel all Brit border guards from its territories. It should also cease assisting the UK in stopping refugee crossings, since France was not their first port of arrival, and so the UK cannot claim returns to point of entry.....and why should the EU protect the UKs borders when its so desperate to leave ?

51 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Also democrats agree there should be more done to border security, hence in their proposals they have allocated more money for that.

So what is your point?

My point is that 79% of the people think there is an issue at the southern US border. Another thing that can be done to support border security is to build a wall/barrier in select areas where this makes sense. The Boarder Patrol, Homeland Security, and Immigration Customs, and Enforcement say that walls/barriers in select locations are effective. I haven't heard any Democrat advocating for removal of the walls that currently exist although they have labeled them as "immoral."

So throw the President a bone (a couple of billion dollars) , compromise a bit, give the Democrats something such as DACA and solve this issue. The Democrats have not allocated a single dollar for a border wall/barrier although every single one of their leaders thought it was an excellent idea just a few short years ago.  

Excuse my ignorance but I need more info on the proposed wall.

Presumably have to be pretty high ?

Would also need to go down fairly deep to prevent easy tunneling. Will it be topped with razor wire or electric wire ? How far apart are proposed security cameras? Will there be regular border patrol agents stationed at intervals to act as rapid response to incursions ?

Ask because a wall alone without any of the above will not be very effective.

9 minutes ago, Denim said:

Excuse my ignorance but I need more info on the proposed wall.

Presumably have to be pretty high ?

Would also need to go down fairly deep to prevent easy tunneling. Will it be topped with razor wire or electric wire ? How far apart are proposed security cameras? Will there be regular border patrol agents stationed at intervals to act as rapid response to incursions ?

Ask because a wall alone without any of the above will not be very effective.

As Mexico apparently will pay for it expect a pretty basic wall.....:coffee1:

At least that's what the man-child claims and he rarely lies, right?

1111.jpg

7 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Other than to score cheap political points I have not heard a single sensible argument that supports not having a border wall between the US and Mexico.

Get trump to campaign on a tax payer funded wall and then come back to us...

WoW! I see all the comments on here about getting the low hanging scum out of Thailand, send them back to their home country, black list forever.  But, you seem to think the U.S. should just allow all the scum to freely flow into our country.  When immigrants enter using the correct and legal process that is fine and fully acceptable, but if illegal send them OUT!  You bet, build the wall as high as you can build it.  

Archived