Saudi teen who fled family welcomed as 'brave new Canadian' in Toronto

rooster59

38 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Umm... err.... mmmm

i thought that everyone (who could read, at least) knew that she had nominated Australia as her number one pick.... ergo, (unless Canadians can’t read), the Canadians already knew she was originally intending to head for Australia.

But as to a lessor choice... well, as an Aussie, I can understand that sentiment, but to her, perhaps it was simply not a considered option, for whatever reason ( snow and ice perhaps), so it (Canada) could or should be considered as a viable alternative, vs a lessor choice.

38 minutes ago, farcanell said:

yeah just some grammar nazis picking on the lessor word. A simple snatch grab on some word picture that her destination wasn't even in her list (of one) of preferences 

anyhows, the Canadian middle finger at the Saudis makes it all a moot point really...

Canadians just 'won' a time restricted Lottery

I think the grammar nazis assume incorrectly that I am having a go at Canadians? nah! the Saudis are the camel butt jokes of all this

or is it that they think I see her as the same as how a Thai girl latches onto a farang, any farang... to get a passport to freedom... not caring who or what in the middle; but the endgame?

She got her wish so be happy!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What a pathetic comment, clearly you have no idea how girls /women are treated in Saudi.

They cannot go out alone, have to wear them ridiculous burghas/ hijabs, cannot speak to a male who is not a relative, cannot use makeup etc.

How much time have You spent there, i did 12 Years. Some Families are quit western, areas differ greatly, a few are as refereed to.  Personally i found Christian Lebanon Males worse with Women.  

36 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I still believe the arabs and persians to have some of the more tasty foods on this planet, and so far the Irish kitchen is in best case survival food ????

That was my impression too, especially in Lebanon. But somewhere around my third year of eight working in various middle eastern countries, it all became a bit bland and rather parochial.

Anyway, Irish Fry (not kitchen) is breakfast, not a bloody diet.

IMHO, survival food is fried chicken and watermelon (not together you understand), served every bloody day in Iraq for 6 months before Desert Storm.

4 hours ago, tifino said:

hope the Canadians don't eventually realise that they were simply just more 'convenient' to her, than the Aussies! That she wanted Australia, and Canada was a lesser choice...

Choosing a country only to avoid execution, how unpatriotically, unheroically shallow!!!

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

Canada is now viewed as the hero in this story, could have been thailand if they were thinking

Thailand saw thru this scam. 

That any teenage girl from the turd world can fly someone, then post on social media how their life is in danger and they want refugee status (plus all of the taxpayer funded benefits) in the Western world is beyond a joke.

Trust me, if her family genuinely want he dead, they'll still find her in Canada, or Australia or wherever. 

In a year or 2 she'll be taking a vacation back to Saudi, probably sponsoring her family to immigrate to Canada. 

Refugees are the biggest scammers andthat threaten world peace.

9 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

The only fear now is that there are masses of muslims in Toronto and Montreal who still hold strong to their muslim beliefs......

The Sikh defense minister will probably have a way to deal with them. 

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Is that a prediction or is it just a wish?

Prediction. Just look at countries that let a too large percentage of their population come from cultures that aren't compatible with the native one. Ghettos and grenades.

I think Thais don't realise how poor and backward this made them look in front of the rest of the world. Just reading the press around the world it looks like Thailand were the bad guys for threatening to deport her. The parties responsible for the fiasco at Suvarnabhumi should be in court answering charges of damaging Thailand's reputation.

25 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Canada seems to be the destination of choise for half of 3rd world population. I know three that have gotten a visa lately. Their open arms policy will backfire in an epic way.

So you concur the destabilization of western society policy is working? ????

:wink:

2 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

The parties responsible for the fiasco at Suvarnabhumi should be in court answering charges of damaging Thailand's reputation.

How would that possibly work? Only foreigners can be charged with damaging Thailand's reputation... like the subject of this thread who, according to the initial Thai Immigration response, was apprehended while trying to break Thai laws and trying to enter without the correct travel documents or entitlements.

3 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

I think Thais don't realise how poor and backward this made them look in front of the rest of the world. Just reading the press around the world it looks like Thailand were the bad guys for threatening to deport her. The parties responsible for the fiasco at Suvarnabhumi should be in court answering charges of damaging Thailand's reputation.

no! - just 'one' guy made it look bad...

one day scrambled egg peak cap, the next... egg on face

Despite the past and current realities, a greater percentage of 'third worlders' still subscribe to living or realizing their dream in the US. I wouldn't discount that the common border was a significant influence in her sudden change of venue. Australia or Canada? Bit of a no-brainer there.

She's a Saudi, and ultimately she may prefer a more temperate climate. Once she has her Canadian citizenship and passport, San Diego is truly her oyster. DJT isn't a diamond either.

Personally, I would have opted for an EU country for the endless possibilities and opportunities. Both Australia and USA are geographically isolated if/when one feels the need for a change. Breakfast in Ireland, lunch in Austria, dinner in Greece.
Takes 4 years as a Resident before she can apply for Canadian Citizenship. She is now a welcomed new refugee Resident, but clearly not a "Canadian" as title is rather misleading.

5 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

and now she is entitled to bring the whole family
 .... even distant cousins....surprise!!! 

Not sure if you're just exceedingly dim or simply being obtuse but there's absolutely no way this girl will be bringing ANY of the tribe over.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Not sure if you're just exceedingly dim or simply being obtuse but there's absolutely no way this girl will be bringing ANY of the tribe over.

Don't imagine she will be accepting any offers to visit the local Saudi embassy either! :shock1:

3 hours ago, 300sd said:

You kind of missed the point. But yes Canada was certainly more convenient for her and she'll never forget it. Canada stood up while the rest of the world sat on their hands.

Of course Canada jumped on the oppurtunity to have her come to Canada. There is an election coming in Canada and you can bet Jihad Justine Trudope and Climate Barby will be there taking all kinds of pictures with smiles and apoligies with crocidile tears for what she has suffered with a big fat cheque to settle in hoping to win all the bleeding heart votes. 

5 minutes ago, jerojero said:
3 hours ago, NanLaew said:
Despite the past and current realities, a greater percentage of 'third worlders' still subscribe to living or realizing their dream in the US. I wouldn't discount that the common border was a significant influence in her sudden change of venue. Australia or Canada? Bit of a no-brainer there.

She's a Saudi, and ultimately she may prefer a more temperate climate. Once she has her Canadian citizenship and passport, San Diego is truly her oyster. DJT isn't a diamond either.

Personally, I would have opted for an EU country for the endless possibilities and opportunities. Both Australia and USA are geographically isolated if/when one feels the need for a change. Breakfast in Ireland, lunch in Austria, dinner in Greece.

Takes 4 years as a Resident before she can apply for Canadian Citizenship. She is now a welcomed new refugee Resident, but clearly not a "Canadian" as title is rather misleading.

Oh I think the Canadian politico's will be fast-tracking just about anything on this 'star ascendant'. Any politician in any country would probably be doing the same. Except possibly with the exception of Saudi Arabia.

11 minutes ago, TMNH said:

And YOU are an idiot...losing view od the point of all this.

best way to not lose view, is to actually go back and read each and every Post in time order

Every action that lead to her freedom, was a result of different Govts, taking in data, analysing, and then responding in their own time frame(s) 

She jumped when the Canadians responded positively the earliest.

Australia never jumps in both feet without first testing the water... and the water was running very quickly with this.

Some may think I am knocking the Canadians? Not in the least!

they had their in house reasons for going ahead quickly with the middle finger at the Saudis

Maybe they initiated the move? or maybe prompted... doesn't matter really.

Australia's slowness comes from their weighing the other factors about what an immigrant can do for the country. Their slowness alleviated their headaches, when the Canadians jumped in feet first.

Aussies take a decade to buy an aircraft (F111)

Took so long to buy a submarine - that it was well out of date by the time it was Commissioned

Just hope the Canadians don't develop 'buyers regret' when the precedent of oppressed girls escaping the vicegrip of islam; ends up with the floodgates open with many many others copying the recent activities, in the future

CONGRATULATIONS Young Lady and Canada !

Saudi Sour “Prince Charming” may get his long white frock in a knot but it’s about time someone put him in his place, as it seems he’s managed to buy POTUS, who won’t entertain the idea of chastising him.

and now she is entitled to bring the whole family
 .... even distant cousins....surprise!!! 
1. I very much doubt Canadian immigration law gives "distant cousins" the right to immigrate. In most Western countries immigration on grounds of family reunification is limited to immediate family i.e. spouses, children, maybe siblungs.

2. I also much doubt she at all wants to bring over any of her male relations. Particularly given that they are "honor bound" to kill her and some have publically posted their intention to do so. As for female relations, they'd have to first escape Saudi and then be willing to put their lives on the line to have any chance of joining her.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, robblok said:

who in his right mind with no money would want to settle in Thailand. Practically for her Canada is much better much safer too. 

The fact is that if they had not had their hands forced, the THAI immigration department would have handed her back to Saudi authorities ASAP to a death sentence just like they did to the muslim guys from China. Thai Immigration have nothing to be proud of.

1 hour ago, pegman said:

I'll put our Mounties (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) against the gang of Saudi losers who had each and every movement on their last assignment to Turkey recorded. I'm happy my country, out of some 200 odd, was the only one to step forward to protect this young woman. The rest have exposed themselves as pretty pathetic.

You have to be kidding. Our glorious RCMP and Border Crossing Guards are too busy acting as bellhops and bus boys carrying all the designer luggage for Jihad Justines ILLEGAL PARASITES Border crossers because they are too busy on there top of the line I Phones to carry there own luggage after being dropped off at the border by limos and taxis.. 

4 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

The fact is that if they had not had their hands forced, the THAI immigration department would have handed her back to Saudi authorities ASAP to a death sentence just like they did to the muslim guys from China. Thai Immigration have nothing to be proud of.

the Dept only goes ahead with what head honcho wants.

Luckily they didn't act, wisely waiting until boss recanted back into his hole...

Archived