BANGKOK 23 February 2019 04:25
akirasan

I'm scared of having kids

On 1/13/2019 at 12:24 PM, akirasan said:

So I don't know what the point of this post is. I guess I just want to get it out, maybe hear from other people who have raised kids in Thailand about what their experiences have been like, any challenges they've faced, how their life is now etc..

simple really. It's either you want kids or you don't. All the reasons you give in the op are nothing more than excuses ie not your own house, don't want a house near mil, getting tired of full day teaching, seeing/hearing kids screaming.... playing with your own kid is not like playing with other's. Teaching your own kid is not like teaching other's. Even changing dippers for your own kid is not like changing for other's. So just be true to yourself - do you or don't you want kids?

6 hours ago, Cereal said:

I cannot understand why anyone would want kids. I simply don't get it.

Be free brother. 

Choose life, not a life sentence.

I cannot understand why anyone wouldn’t want kids. I simply don’t get it.

However, I do understand that we are all different and wouldn’t consider life with children a life sentence, equally so I wouldn’t consider someone who chooses not to have children and imposing this view on others as sad and seeking confirmation bias.

As I wrote, we’re just all different.

Be be free brother....free to make your own informed choices.

Choose whichever makes you happy.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

Just remember, you can have an opinion, but she will decide. If she wants kids and you are having sex she will end up pregnant. If that happens, just go with it. I have never been married and have no kids and I am very happy, but my brothers and friends (even divorced ones) say having kids is the best thing they ever did.

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2019 at 4:21 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Op: given the thought going into your post, you’re the type of person who’d make a great parent... 

Don’t over think it - life is to be enjoyed, my Wife and I still do what we want to do (for the most part) and our life is complimented by our son, not controlled by it. He’s a good boy (5 years old), we travel a lot, do a lot...  the only limitation now is school holidays & early dinners! 

Being a parent takes effort, but to be honest, any aspect of an enjoyable & successful life takes effort. Enjoying the riches of a beautiful child is a complete game changer, the goal post shift, priorities change, from my point of view it’s incredible! 

Enjoy the ride... 

You just have to give up on your BM but the rest of your life is enjoyable, spend for a useless little monkey that will only bring problems !

• Confused 1

On 1/13/2019 at 8:20 PM, villagefarang said:

In my opinion, you could turn that around and say it is unfair for a woman who wants to have children to marry a man who doesn’t, just to trick him or force to have kids and to pay for them the rest of his life. 

but this is exactly what happens most of the time. I feel so pity for these week "men" who accept all these women BS !

13 minutes ago, moreem said:

You just have to give up on your BM but the rest of your life is enjoyable, spend for a useless little monkey that will only bring problems !

Thats quite rude , calling half Thai/felang kids "useless little monkeys"

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cereal said:

I cannot understand why anyone would want kids. I simply don't get it.

Be free brother. 

Choose life, not a life sentence.

Yes, choose a life , someone elses , give someone else a life .

We are genetically programmed to want kids , to keep the species alive (thats why you get horny)

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

That said, if people really don't want kids, that's entirely their choice - we're all different and what drives us differs. 

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has had kids but wishes they didn't... 

If most people were not liars you would hear it more often.

But people who accept that they made the biggest mistake of their life are few...

13 minutes ago, moreem said:
On 1/13/2019 at 1:21 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Op: given the thought going into your post, you’re the type of person who’d make a great parent... 

Don’t over think it - life is to be enjoyed, my Wife and I still do what we want to do (for the most part) and our life is complimented by our son, not controlled by it. He’s a good boy (5 years old), we travel a lot, do a lot...  the only limitation now is school holidays & early dinners! 

Being a parent takes effort, but to be honest, any aspect of an enjoyable & successful life takes effort. Enjoying the riches of a beautiful child is a complete game changer, the goal post shift, priorities change, from my point of view it’s incredible! 

Enjoy the ride... 

You are also right.. the boy is totally useless... he doesn't even earn, cook or do housework, we have to buy and do nearly everything for him...   what is it with children?... take take take, selfish little brats... they don't even say thanks and then they go and wet the bed...  entitled useless little 5 year old monkey that only brings problems.... :glare::passifier:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, moreem said:

But people who accept that they made the biggest mistake of their life are few...

Maybe thats because people generally do not think that having kids is the biggest mistake of their lives ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, moreem said:

Or you are just simply wrong and unable to confirm your suspicious without implying the majority of the population are liars because they don't agree with you and / or they can't accept they've made the biggest mistake of their life.... 

Either you and a small minority are right, or the majority are right... Or, more realistically, we are all just different and want different things and your views on parents with kids are as equally misguided as some parents views who suggest those without kids are missing out... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, choose a life , someone elses , give someone else a life .

We are genetically programmed to want kids , to keep the species alive (thats why you get horny)

But unlike animals we are supposed to have a brain and know how stupid it is to follow any woman wishes...

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Or you are just simply wrong and unable to confirm your suspicious without implying the majority of the population are liars because they don't agree with you and / or they can't accept they've made the biggest mistake of their life.... 

Either you and a small minority are right, or the majority are right... Or, more realistically, we are all just different and want different things and your views on parents with kids are as equally misguided as some parents views who suggest those without kids are missing out... 

Scared to lose moma ? so you just preferred to accept when she said that she wanted kids from a guy who is wealthy enough to pay for her whole life ?

Sad for many "men" in this world.

3 minutes ago, moreem said:

Scared to lose moma ? so you just preferred to accept when she said that she wanted kids from a guy who is wealthy enough to pay for her whole life ?

Sad for many "men" in this world.

That is natural human/animal instinct though .

Females seek partners who are able to provide for their off spring and Males seek younger females who are fertile and will be around after they have gone