permanate recidency

retired and inreciept of uk state pension.. over 70 yo. is it possible to obtain pr in thailand,  if so how??. i am one of the guilty few with no back up funds in case anybody asks. just thinking i am on my way to being over the hill and may get bored with the m/e non 'o' and the 90 day trips for exit re-entry fiasco.thank you in advance for any info,and the usual giggles.

Can you produce the equivalent of 800,000 baht (£20,000) to put in a Thai bank and leave alone? State pension alone won't cut it but you must be paying for flights with something.

That is  just a 1 year permission to stay though.

Edited by jacko45k

17 minutes ago, beavenlen said:

is it possible to obtain pr in thailand,

For you, no.

You must have been continuously working in Thailand with a work permit and paying tax above the threshold for 3 years prior to application for PR.

• Like 1

You certainly do not qualify for permanent residency. You have to be working here with a work permit for 3 years to apply for it.

You would only be able to apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement and reading your post it appears you would not be able meet the requirements. You would need a 800k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

Just now, ExpatDraco said:
1 minute ago, Briggsy said:
For you, no.

You must have been continuously working in Thailand with a work permit and paying tax above the threshold for 3 years prior to application for PR.

There are more possibilities than only working...

You are correct. There are more possibilities. They do not apply to the OP.

• Sad 1

Another way is to use an agent,13,000 baht same day service,did one last october went in last week to do my 90 days at my local IO was asked why i dont do my extension there i said i use an agent they said ok no problem but you have to reregiser your adress did that and all good with my 90 days,

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, grego49 said:

Another way is to use an agent,13,000 baht same day service,did one last october went in last week to do my 90 days at my local IO was asked why i dont do my extension there i said i use an agent they said ok no problem but you have to reregiser your adress did that and all good with my 90 days,

Did you actually read the title of this thread?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

thanks Ubon joe,,but i think all responders have missed the point. I am retired in reciept of uk state pension,, therefore can without too many complications obtain m.e.non o with no financial proof apart from copy of pension letter and recent bank statement, and of course being over the age of 65. i enquired as to possibility of p,r , with the view that one day ,{and  i have no plans for the next 20 or 30 years } i may be slightly disabled and unable to attend those lovely border events, I am very grateful for all replies helpful or not .

37 minutes ago, beavenlen said:

thanks Ubon joe,,but i think all responders have missed the point. I am retired in reciept of uk state pension,, therefore can without too many complications obtain m.e.non o with no financial proof apart from copy of pension letter and recent bank statement, and of course being over the age of 65. i enquired as to possibility of p,r , with the view that one day ,{and  i have no plans for the next 20 or 30 years } i may be slightly disabled and unable to attend those lovely border events, I am very grateful for all replies helpful or not .

One of the conditions is that it must be a total of 3 years of extension of stay.

Even working on a multi entry O in the case of being married doesn't work.