Doc clearance for a 32km run

stoicccc

I'm going for a 32km trail run in Angkor wat next weekend and need doctor's clearance for that.

I went to a local hospital here in the countryside and they said I'd need a heart stress test for a doc to clear me. 

Costs 3500 baht something, so I'm not game for that having been a pro athlete before and last year did a couple of races over 20km.

Is there a smooth way to get a doc to clear me for the run in BKK without having to run through the hoops?

It says you can just sign a waiver.

http://www.ultratrail-angkor.com/en/information-for-participants-ultra-trail-dangkor-2017/

* In case of non-presentation of the medical certificate and to avoid being disqualified, the competitor agrees to sign a waiver and becomes solely responsible in case of physical problems that could sustain him in the race.

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It says you can just sign a waiver.

http://www.ultratrail-angkor.com/en/information-for-participants-ultra-trail-dangkor-2017/

* In case of non-presentation of the medical certificate and to avoid being disqualified, the competitor agrees to sign a waiver and becomes solely responsible in case of physical problems that could sustain him in the race.

Thank you kind sir, my bad.

7 minutes ago, kkerry said:

Michael Johnson...

Being an experienced athlete is never a guarantee your heart is sound. Take a stress test, view it as a challenge, see how high you can get your METS score. For 3,500 bt, a reasonable price I think. 

Good point, they just didnt have the option to do it today and I cant really make it there next week so gotta pass for now.

Archived