Huntsman Cloudy Wheat Beer

elephant45

"I took one sip and thought I had drank a bottle of women's perfume."

Much experience of drinking bottles of women's perfume?

Are you, by any chance, Colin Smart in disguise?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Smart

p.s. Being a grammar Nazi here, but I presume the brain damaging effects of consuming perfume are still with you:  it should have been "had drunk".

Both Huntsman and Snowy are wheat beers, Weizen bier In German, similar to the White Belgian beers. Very popular in parts of Europe. In that particular category I like the Snowy better than the Huntsman.

If you buy these and expect a taste similar to Lager type beers like Leo and Chang, you will either be surprised or disappointed. No comparison, completely different.

Was in the shop 20 mins ago and decided against buying one of these.... can someone confirm... is this the OP being unfamiliar with what wheat beer is supposed to taste like, or is it actually a horrible drink?

The fact it was brewed in Thailand put me off, as TBH I wasn't 100% sure they could get that German taste right. 

My last name is Overmeyer. I know and love real German Wheat Beer. I honestly was shocked. Maybe a pissed off employee put a bottle of perfume in it. It was so horrible that I could not get the taste out of my mouth for a few hours. I really thought it was some type of joke. Go ahead and try one, if you like it I would love to hear about it, it could just be my taste buds gone off. Or again, some angry employees action.

58 minutes ago, elephant45 said:

Hey, I'm not trying to criticize a new product but when it tastes like poison I thought it might be helpful to let others know. Maybe I got a bad can? I don't know.

Not "poison", but a definite soapy taste - IMHO.

I did not pour it down the sink (I was brought up not to waste anything, as there are starving children in Africa), but I won't be buying it again.

20 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Not "poison", but a definite soapy taste - IMHO.

I did not pour it down the sink (I was brought up not to waste anything, as there are starving children in Africa), but I won't be buying it again.

I'd look askance at anyone that fed dodgy beer to starving African children

19 hours ago, damascase said:

Both Huntsman and Snowy are wheat beers, Weizen bier In German, similar to the White Belgian beers. Very popular in parts of Europe. In that particular category I like the Snowy better than the Huntsman.

I'm European and love wheat beers.

Snowy and Huntsman taste so horrible I had to throw it out when testing. Disgusting, disgusting shit.

14 hours ago, Ks45672 said:

Just Pay extra and drink erdinger or something legit, it's expensive but it's worth it

Agreed - you get what you pay for. Erdinger and Hoegaarden are good, as is the wheat beer that comes in the one litre cans, whatever it's called. 

I had one can of the stuff, I won't have another.

But on a more cheerfull note, called into friendship in Patts and bought 7 half litre bottles of Youngs Special London Ale 6.4% at 140 baht a bottle. Just consumed two bottles with a german ham sandwich, ham and bread from there. Sheer contentment.

On 1/14/2019 at 8:58 PM, vogie said:

I had one can of the stuff, I won't have another.

But on a more cheerfull note, called into friendship in Patts and bought 7 half litre bottles of Youngs Special London Ale 6.4% at 140 baht a bottle. Just consumed two bottles with a german ham sandwich, ham and bread from there. Sheer contentment.

Fair play to you but £3.50 each... is it that much to write home about?

• 4 months later...
On 1/13/2019 at 6:55 PM, RickG16 said:

Was in the shop 20 mins ago and decided against buying one of these.... can someone confirm... is this the OP being unfamiliar with what wheat beer is supposed to taste like, or is it actually a horrible drink?

The fact it was brewed in Thailand put me off, as TBH I wasn't 100% sure they could get that German taste right. 

Nowt wrong with it. Plus as it is only 4%abv you can drink more before falling over.

There are at least half a dozen similarish beers available now price up to 55 baht for a 490 ml can (off-sales). 7eleven seems to stock the full range, not too many bars bothering just yet in my experience.

Archived