Opponents of poll delay warn of bigger protest if no words on election date this Friday

webfact

5 hours ago, Eligius said:

But this is never going to happen (not on the scale needed). The writing is on the wall - has been for ages. The Thais will continue to get what, through their pusillanimity and inaction, they have consented to for five years with barely a murmur.

Most Thais I know are more than happy with P at the helm.  What can you say?  An election will just lead to more chaos.

5 minutes ago, Eligius said:

The Thais (many, many of them) don't have a problem with borrowing loads of money when it suits them, or with taking time off work at the drop of a hat.

But they evidently don't have time or concern enough to stand up and take their country back. Not important enough. Not worth bothering about ...

Sorry, if you're talking Thai families I don't buy the many many Thai statement. I agree they can borrow money recklessly but not about them not earning a living. I think if that was the case I would see many children malnourished, which I don't. The kids can be irresponsible but they're that way back home too.

14 minutes ago, Eligius said:

The Thais (many, many of them) don't have a problem with borrowing loads of money when it suits them, or with taking time off work at the drop of a hat.

But they evidently don't have time or concern enough to stand up and take their country back. Not important enough. Not worth bothering about ...

Sounds like Americans or Brits.

2 hours ago, JAG said:

As is the military's propensity for shooting civilians. Bodies trucked away and disposed of, no investigations, no funerals, just never happened. 

The Thai people know exactly what can and would happen. They know the reputations of those currently running the country, and of those who stand alongside those running the country...

I'm sure you're right. But then if your hammer won't bang in nail, get a bigger hammer. I'm sorry, I just can't take these people seriously. 300,000 soldiers, less the water-melons, less the ones with no testicles, less the ones with families in Issan, cannot possibly stand against the population of Thailand, even if it's only the 12+ million people who voted for Thaksin last time.  Even if its only half the people who voted for Thaksin last time.

Another member stated the problem quite succinctly, many populations would get angry. Thais shrug their shoulders. That's the problem.

12 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Whilst you have to admire their desire to try and force the issue this may be the wrong way to go at it as the current administration only know one way how to deal with such usurpers so it may end up getting ugly .. Ordinary thai's not troubled with eating from the hand of the controllers need to come together on this .. national days of action where people who do the donkey work that keeps a country going such as national transport , civil service , schools etc take a day off .. and then another .. and so on .. The operator staff of the toll booths on many M/ways here could bring the network to a screeching halt by all taking the day off .. un-announced .. Staff who operate the Skytrain could do the same un-announced .. Severely impinging on a countries ability to function on a daily basis quite often has those with their hands on the control levers shifting uncomfortably in their seats .. 

Your option may require more coordination than what is possible by the grassroots movement that we see starting to find their voice. We may well be close to seeing significant violence in the streets. This would be very unfortunate and very easy to prevent by moving forward with an election, bypassing all of the false timeline restrictions, and putting a fairly elected government in place.

Archived