Traditional Thai dress up (day or week?)

Seano88

Anyone seen women mainly dressing up in over elaborate Thai dresses? not just the odd Thai dress you might see touristy hotel staff wear but like full on medievalish Thai clothing, I asked a women on the bus yesterday and she explained (to my understanding) it's a special day/holiday to celebrate something around the 18th of this month. 

I saw it last year too but dunno the name of the day or what it's for, can't find anything on the web either. 

FYI I'm not looking to cross dress as a Thai woman, although it does sound a bit kinky. 

Any ideas? 

1 hour ago, kannot said:

"traditional" hilarious.....................THIS is "traditional", what you see is  a load of glorious nationalism BS 

https://thaiwomantalks.com/2011/05/01/toplessness-in-thai-culture-the-mammary-truth/

FM Pibuk wanted t leave the old and embarrassing  Thailand behind

Interesting blogsite, thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seano88 said:

And for the guys... 

Wonder if my work would let me wear that, with the sword too... 

Screenshot_20190114-061157.jpg

What a handsome young man(no I am not gay). Why is he holding a Chinese Wushu sword not a Thai sword. Wushu=Chinese martial art.

It was Children's day last week and a lot of people would have dressed-up (but only the middle class hiso types). Don't know about teacher's day, it's Thai Army day on the 18th - one CharlieH missed off his holiday list.

Edited by grollies